General Discussion: The life advice thread. Never do, say, eat or drink anything without asking how to do it in here first!


Show original post
Ricer
Ricer avatar

1738 posts since 14/3/03

5 Mar 2015 13:17
Spoke to USPS, investigation opened……its on their system as Iceland so the clerk obv entered it wrong, this would have to happen the 1 time I gift a seller on the sly off ebay & from Paypal funds too so no chargeback option Laughing out loud Oops
figurine
figurine avatar

6020 posts since 14/5/07

6 Mar 2015 15:38
Anyone know how they value a car in the event of a total loss, and if there's a way to get an idea of what they'll offer online?
Kadafi39
Kadafi39 avatar

2031 posts since 30/10/09

6 Mar 2015 15:44
They usually send a loss adjustor to value the car, check for similar private (not trade) examples on pistonheads or autotrader as they will more than likely low ball you.
Trystero
Trystero avatar

1633 posts since 1/8/07

6 Mar 2015 15:55
Ricer wrote: Spoke to USPS, investigation opened……its on their system as Iceland so the clerk obv entered it wrong, this would have to happen the 1 time I gift a seller on the sly off ebay & from Paypal funds too so no chargeback option Laughing out loud Oops

why would you even be considering doing a chargeback?

parcel got routed to wrong country because of a clerical error and USPS are now aware of this and rectifying it so what's the problem?

people like you are why I hate selling on ebay - bet you'd be whinging in here if someone tried to fuck you over with a chargeback when you were duttying your shit hype trainers


burny
burny avatar

6032 posts since 25/5/06

6 Mar 2015 20:23
Anyone know what the deal is with this? Those 2 numbers there… I didn't make those calls. How are they on my call list? One is for 4 minutes and the mobile one is for 25 seconds?


What's the scam here?
Ricer
Ricer avatar

1738 posts since 14/3/03

posted 6 Mar 2015 21:09, edited 6 Mar 2015 21:09
Trystero wrote:
Ricer wrote: Spoke to USPS, investigation opened……its on their system as Iceland so the clerk obv entered it wrong, this would have to happen the 1 time I gift a seller on the sly off ebay & from Paypal funds too so no chargeback option Laughing out loud Oops

why would you even be considering doing a chargeback?

parcel got routed to wrong country because of a clerical error and USPS are now aware of this and rectifying it so what's the problem?

people like you are why I hate selling on ebay - bet you'd be whinging in here if someone tried to fuck you over with a chargeback when you were duttying your shit hype trainers

Laughing out loud

Wind your neck in you mong……obviously you dont realise how inept & useless at finding lost items USPS are known to be, Im sure it prob will turn up as it was sent via one of their top tier services but having a safety net should it not would be nice.

Responsibility lies with the seller to get it to me, under normal circumstances if it disappeared alltogether & the seller refused to take the blame (for all I know he did write poxy Iceland on the package or maybe hes got shit handwriting) then hitting up paypal for a refund / your card company for a chargeback would be normal procedure.
Would you turn around & say "na thats alright mate, you keep my few hundred quid" if your item didn't arrive? Course not….


Shit hype trainers Laughing out loud (says the guy lookin to pay £120 for a pair of Vans)
Yeah I fuckin hate "shit hype" free money I do….Cool
nothingelseworked
nothingelseworked avatar

3564 posts since 21/2/10

posted 8 Mar 2015 15:35, edited 8 Mar 2015 15:35
Friend's fucking kitten pissed on my wool trousers. Best way to clean?

edit inb4 nankid wet himself
rural
rural avatar

17815 posts since 26/9/06

8 Mar 2015 15:43
wash on cold setting
eazypz
eazypz avatar

3409 posts since 16/4/10

8 Mar 2015 16:01
burny wrote: Anyone know what the deal is with this? Those 2 numbers there… I didn't make those calls. How are they on my call list? One is for 4 minutes and the mobile one is for 25 seconds?


What's the scam here?

Mrs keeps you on a short leash don't she
deuce
deuce avatar

14067 posts since 21/1/08

8 Mar 2015 18:58
Laughing out loud
EssexBoyII
EssexBoyII avatar

7212 posts since 5/6/07

8 Mar 2015 19:03
Laughing out loud
carlos
carlos avatar

973 posts since 20/1/08

8 Mar 2015 19:05
Any plumber/heating FUKers around?
The boiler has started to click on and off about 20 times each time it fires up and now has started to have a bit of a whistle coming from it.
Any thoughts?
diederik
diederik avatar

3305 posts since 16/8/11

8 Mar 2015 19:15
pm s4do
PHiL
PHiL avatar

8745 posts since 31/8/03

8 Mar 2015 19:33
EssexBoyII wrote: Laughing out loud
Mookie_blaylock
Mookie_blaylock avatar

1674 posts since 19/7/06

8 Mar 2015 20:10
nothingelseworked wrote: Friend's fucking kitten pissed on my wool trousers. Best way to clean?

edit inb4 nankid wet himself

if 100% wool, dry clean is your best bet.
if wool blend, try cold hand wash with wool detergent
Trystero
Trystero avatar

1633 posts since 1/8/07

8 Mar 2015 20:14
Ricer wrote: Shit hype trainers Laughing out loud (says the guy lookin to pay £120 for a pair of Vans)
Yeah I fuckin hate "shit hype" free money I do….Cool

are you on about the Vans that I posted a link to here?

would have thought it was obvious that was for gawk's benefit as it was him who was looking to buy them rather than me…

not a fan of trainers with zips on myself but they’re still nicer than the juvenile dayglo Nike crap you post on here

maybe you should put some of that 'free money' towards some decent clothes - actually thought this missing jacket was something special until I read back and saw it was a used Nike destroyer
Goldie
Goldie avatar

4828 posts since 17/10/07

8 Mar 2015 23:42
carlos wrote: Any plumber/heating FUKers around?
The boiler has started to click on and off about 20 times each time it fires up and now has started to have a bit of a whistle coming from it.
Any thoughts?
What boiler is it?
When did you last have it serviced?
How old is it?
Ricer
Ricer avatar

1738 posts since 14/3/03

posted 9 Mar 2015 00:22, edited 9 Mar 2015 00:22
Trystero wrote: actually thought this missing jacket was something special until I read back and saw it was a used Nike destroyer


Unworn sample from one of the Nike designers in Oregon actually, far more fetching than that godawful Dior Paddington Bear looking shite you're peddling in the classifieds Eye-wink
sofashionmuchamaze
sofashionmuchamaze avatar

863 posts since 12/12/13

9 Mar 2015 09:16
I'm starting to wonder if everyone in the UK is miserable by default Roll Eyes
DuffMan
DuffMan avatar

14389 posts since 21/2/07

9 Mar 2015 10:56
I thought that was common knowledge