Menswear: Military/JP street + affiliated gear talk


Show original post
Forper
Forper avatar

2080 posts since 29/1/13

posted 5 Dec 2015 01:02, edited 5 Dec 2015 01:02
Crackajack wrote: idiots who were hoodwinked into joining the Forces part time from school.

To most of them you're just another ungrateful idiot who takes his freedom for granted.

Digi camo / tiger camo / etc etc seem 'better' as they are relatively exotic, despite their negative connotations.

Can understand these being more exotic to the UK, but sorry, what are the negative connotations??
Forper
Forper avatar

2080 posts since 29/1/13

5 Dec 2015 12:18
authenticity > exclusivity
Sayword
Sayword avatar

5082 posts since 1/4/07

posted 7 Dec 2015 07:08, edited 7 Dec 2015 07:08
Forper wrote: authenticity > exclusivity
mil, you have left your mark on the whole internets. you probably are the reason wtaps is even on a hypebeast radar. your almost godly in these internet streets.

you have style, and you been rocking the same gear for over a decade, slowly, precisely, and meticulously adjusting and adding pieces to your wardrobe. curation.

you don't need to spend money like some dull lifeless faggot, to give you some sort of fulfillment in what would other wise be a pale, culture-less, empty life buying into brands that make you feel that you are elusive and exclusive.

you a real one mil
oldgregg
oldgregg avatar

6272 posts since 13/4/02

7 Dec 2015 16:54
Sayword wrote:
Forper wrote: authenticity > exclusivity
mil, you have left your mark on the whole internets. you probably are the reason wtaps is even on a hypebeast radar. your almost godly in these internet streets.

you have style, and you been rocking the same gear for over a decade, slowly, precisely, and meticulously adjusting and adding pieces to your wardrobe. curation.

you don't need to spend money like some dull lifeless faggot, to give you some sort of fulfillment in what would other wise be a pale, culture-less, empty life buying into brands that make you feel that you are elusive and exclusive.

you a real one mil

Culture-less? Internet gawd? hypebeast?
Once again you miss the mark completely. Some brands used to be elusive and exclusive, you had to go out of your way to pick them up. They were usually attached to some scene that somehow connected to you through music, interests or culture.
Now that scene that you represent is "the internet" there is no culture, no knowledge, no soul.
It's hypebeast, styleforum, slamxhype and instagram. No effort, no enthusiasm. Just spoonfeeding and posting waywt's.
I can respect mil cause he has a method to his madness. You on the other hand wanking off to bearded men in americana via japan 10 years to late like the rest of the internet I don't respect. I guess if you get laughed at on enough forums the only thing to do is to build up some weird self image.. You dont bring anything new, have no history with these brands or any culture bar the internet, you are just a stupid child born and bread on hypebeast sitting in your parents house blabbing on about how you are curating stuff cause you have nothing else in your life.
I know exactly why I wear the brands I do, it makes total sense to me.
Anyway, I'm gonna break out my new life-less faggot veilance pants to go out and have a nice dinner, you go wear your polka dot supreme tee, put up a tripod at shady location wheres there noone else around, take a boss selfie and represent this percieved culture of yours Cool

manula
manula avatar

1648 posts since 11/9/11

7 Dec 2015 17:23
oldgregg
oldgregg avatar

6272 posts since 13/4/02

7 Dec 2015 18:18
manula wrote:
No popcorn, it's just fact.
Use to view forums as a source of info, now I mostly troll, have my info in closed circles.
I just observe that noone of saywords "heroes" never comes to his defense? I would do that for my my bro-bros Cool
Sayword
Sayword avatar

5082 posts since 1/4/07

7 Dec 2015 18:19
Crazy Joe Davola wrote:
Sayword wrote:
Forper wrote: authenticity > exclusivity
mil, you have left your mark on the whole internets. you probably are the reason wtaps is even on a hypebeast radar. your almost godly in these internet streets.

you have style, and you been rocking the same gear for over a decade, slowly, precisely, and meticulously adjusting and adding pieces to your wardrobe. curation.

you don't need to spend money like some dull lifeless faggot, to give you some sort of fulfillment in what would other wise be a pale, culture-less, empty life buying into brands that make you feel that you are elusive and exclusive.

you a real one mil

Culture-less? Internet gawd? hypebeast?
Once again you miss the mark completely. Some brands used to be elusive and exclusive, you had to go out of your way to pick them up. They were usually attached to some scene that somehow connected to you through music, interests or culture.
Now that scene that you represent is "the internet" there is no culture, no knowledge, no soul.
It's hypebeast, styleforum, slamxhype and instagram. No effort, no enthusiasm. Just spoonfeeding and posting waywt's.
I can respect mil cause he has a method to his madness. You on the other hand wanking off to bearded men in americana via japan 10 years to late like the rest of the internet I don't respect. I guess if you get laughed at on enough forums the only thing to do is to build up some weird self image.. You dont bring anything new, have no history with these brands or any culture bar the internet, you are just a stupid child born and bread on hypebeast sitting in your parents house blabbing on about how you are curating stuff cause you have nothing else in your life.
I know exactly why I wear the brands I do, it makes total sense to me.
Anyway, I'm gonna break out my new life-less faggot veilance pants to go out and have a nice dinner, you go wear your polka dot supreme tee, put up a tripod at shady location wheres there noone else around, take a boss selfie and represent this percieved culture of yours Cool
I didn't read this, hell I wasn't even responding to you, but since you are quoting me with a long tirade (that I didn't read), I can only assume one thing

Sayword
Sayword avatar

5082 posts since 1/4/07

7 Dec 2015 18:24
Crazy Joe Davola wrote:
manula wrote:
No popcorn, it's just fact.
Use to view forums as a source of info, now I mostly troll, have my info in closed circles.
I just observe that noone of saywords "heroes" never comes to his defense? I would do that for my my bro-bros Cool
oldgregg
oldgregg avatar

6272 posts since 13/4/02

7 Dec 2015 18:38
Irl tough guy: "called me out but don't wanna kicks his ass, to easy, feds are on me"
Internet tough guy: "didn't read it, hands over eyes, lalalalalala, didn't happen, still boss. funny gif"
Sayword
Sayword avatar

5082 posts since 1/4/07

7 Dec 2015 18:48
Crazy Joe Davola wrote: Irl tough guy: "called me out but don't wanna kicks his ass, to easy, feds are on me"
Internet tough guy: "didn't read it, hands over eyes, lalalalalala, didn't happen, still boss. funny gif"
why u making long disparaging post to me when ur not even on my radar bro? there is a diagnoses for your symptom…

oldgregg
oldgregg avatar

6272 posts since 13/4/02

7 Dec 2015 18:51
"not acting like a little bitch symptom"?
Sayword
Sayword avatar

5082 posts since 1/4/07

7 Dec 2015 19:00
how could such a rich cool guy like you let a guy who lives with his parents get under your skin, to the point where you're talking about curation as an insult…when I don't even't post or really read this topic. I'm on your mind so much that my response to mil got you going out of your rich "cultured" life to try an make me feel like I'm the loser.

Sayword
Sayword avatar

5082 posts since 1/4/07

7 Dec 2015 19:32
Lately ITT: Some guy from Norwegia talks about being on/from the scene on clothes.
oldgregg
oldgregg avatar

6272 posts since 13/4/02

7 Dec 2015 19:39
Please stop pm me..Laughing out loud
Sayword
Sayword avatar

5082 posts since 1/4/07

7 Dec 2015 19:45
crazy jo the homo, regale us of tales of how you was first on the scene to buy your way into some past trends.
oldgregg
oldgregg avatar

6272 posts since 13/4/02

7 Dec 2015 19:49
Crazy Joe Davola wrote: Irl tough guy: "called me out but don't wanna kicks his ass, to easy, feds are on me"
Internet tough guy: "didn't read it, hands over eyes, lalalalalala, didn't happen, still boss. funny gif"
+ when all else fail: "homo" Oops Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud
Sayword
Sayword avatar

5082 posts since 1/4/07

7 Dec 2015 19:52
you're one of those must have the last word types. you can have it bro.
oldgregg
oldgregg avatar

6272 posts since 13/4/02

7 Dec 2015 19:55
Sayword wrote: you're one of those must have the last word types. you can have it bro.
Pot, kettle, black……..
Sayword
Sayword avatar

5082 posts since 1/4/07

7 Dec 2015 20:15
Crazy Joe Davola wrote:
Sayword wrote: you're one of those must have the last word types. you can have it bro.
Pot, kettle, black……..
your a weak troll, maybe it's because your old.
Forper
Forper avatar

2080 posts since 29/1/13

posted 8 Dec 2015 07:06, edited 8 Dec 2015 07:06
Crazy Joe Davola wrote: Culture-less? Internet gawd? hypebeast?
Once again you miss the mark completely. Some brands used to be elusive and exclusive, you had to go out of your way to pick them up. They were usually attached to some scene that somehow connected to you through music, interests or culture.

Yeah that was cool, being into something (a movie, music or a skater) and finding out later it was connected to your favorite clothing brand. Completely independently. It was like the people behind the brands thought the same way as you, liked the same shit. That was a cool feeling.

But the culture I liked then hasn't really changed either so the clothing I like hasn't. The elusiveness was cool, but these were actually great products as well, tasteful and well made with the right references and nods to stuff you loved. Lots of shit is elusive, doesn't mean I want it, just coz it's rare. Rarity was only part of it, it was also about being part of a group that liked the same stuff, that had the same taste. That still exists on the internet. It's just the equivalent of seeing somebody on the street in 1998 and saying "nice cap man" in reference to their box logo cap, you can still nod to people who think the same.

You on the other hand wanking off to bearded men in americana via japan 10 years to late like the rest of the internet I don't respect. I guess if you get laughed at on enough forums the only thing to do is to build up some weird self image.. You dont bring anything new, have no history with these brands or any culture bar the internet, you are just a stupid child born and bread on hypebeast sitting in your parents house blabbing on about how you are curating stuff cause you have nothing else in your life.

Sayword has the same appreciation and love for great products that we had and still have. He stands apart from hypebeasts coz he likes what he likes, it's pure man, you can tell, he's taking his own cues from real shit he likes, same as we did. This is completely different to the standard issue hypebeast kid who lets forums and blogs tell him what to wear. I mean what the fuck kind of hypebeast buys THOSE custom Wescos and wears em with the same Tenderloin he bought years before? That's long term commitment that hypebeasts don't have. That's purity, pure love man. He's got it, you lost it. You forgot why you used to love this shit man, YOU actually started wearing whatever the internet said was cool, not him. His influences are diverse, same as ours were.

We all take selfies now by the way. It's fun, fuck it.