General Discussion: The Motoring Thread Incorporating All Motor Vehicles (Including Motor Cycles.)


Show original post
toocan
toocan avatar

888 posts since 7/11/07

31 Jan 2009 17:00
looks bad now will look worse in 3 years imo… but having said that i like ladies cars so my opinion is null and void Eye-wink
Markus
Markus avatar

4876 posts since 21/4/04

31 Jan 2009 17:04
bad colour Laughing out loud
t_dot
t_dot avatar

6087 posts since 1/8/05

31 Jan 2009 17:13
toocan wrote: looks bad now will look worse in 3 years imo… but having said that i like ladies cars so my opinion is null and void Eye-wink
It really is. I cant understand why any man would consider having a convertible, can you not picture how you would look driving along with the roof down.

The shape and form of the last few years of renaults is always fairly forward thinking, so much so when they first come out they are fairly unorthodox, but they always grow on people. The out going megane is a good example of this.
toocan
toocan avatar

888 posts since 7/11/07

31 Jan 2009 17:24
t_dot wrote:
toocan wrote: looks bad now will look worse in 3 years imo… but having said that i like ladies cars so my opinion is null and void Eye-wink
It really is. I cant understand why any man would consider having a convertible, can you not picture how you would look driving along with the roof down.

The shape and form of the last few years of renaults is always fairly forward thinking, so much so when they first come out they are fairly unorthodox, but they always grow on people. The out going megane is a good example of this.

i wouldnt drop the roof mate. In my defence this was a hardtop so didnt look to bad i just like the metal surround on the windsheild of the a4.

I still cant see anything in that megane to me its design for design sake.. too many lines / surfaces. each to there own i guess

im off to test drive a mx5 convertible later. gonna take my corsa down as a part ex ill keep you posted.
Markus
Markus avatar

4876 posts since 21/4/04

31 Jan 2009 17:33
you joking about the mx5 right?
toocan
toocan avatar

888 posts since 7/11/07

31 Jan 2009 17:39
Markus wrote: you joking about the mx5 right?
id like to think i dont need to answer that Eye-wink

anyone know anything about alfas in regards to reliability of the newer models?
t_dot
t_dot avatar

6087 posts since 1/8/05

31 Jan 2009 17:41
Its dodgy, but they are good cars to drive, just wouldnt bother owning one thats outside of its warranty.
aitch
aitch avatar

8925 posts since 19/8/07

31 Jan 2009 18:00
What about an A5 toucan? If your not going to drop the roof, this might be better.

That Megane is hideous and is probably a bag of shit to drive.

Newer alfas are more reliable, I swear I remember reading somewhere that they're built in germany now. I still wouldn't own one out of warranty.
toocan
toocan avatar

888 posts since 7/11/07

31 Jan 2009 18:20
aitch wrote: What about an A5 toucan? If your not going to drop the roof, this might be better.

That Megane is hideous and is probably a bag of shit to drive.

Newer alfas are more reliable, I swear I remember reading somewhere that they're built in germany now. I still wouldn't own one out of warranty.

Had a quick look at a5's on audis site most seem to be, at least at my local branch 25k+ touch out of my price range. Ill keep an eye out though in case one comes into sights.

also had a look at alfas on pistonheads and stumbled across this http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/855144.htm evil looking piece of metal. thing its previous owner was the devil himself


worker bees
worker bees avatar

1921 posts since 6/1/08

31 Jan 2009 18:49
MOT booked for Wednesday Cry
Strummer
Strummer avatar

2181 posts since 24/7/04

31 Jan 2009 18:50
Why do these have to be new cars? They on PCP?

Get an Alfa Spider.
aitch
aitch avatar

8925 posts since 19/8/07

31 Jan 2009 18:56
toocan wrote: Had a quick look at a5's on audis site most seem to be, at least at my local branch 25k+ touch out of my price range. Ill keep an eye out though in case one comes into sights

http://www.broadspeed.com/cgi-bin/bsc/config.pl?request=getvers&ref;=gg&rs;=&make;=Audi&model;=A5

Dealers will do them for under £25k
Essence
Essence avatar

3137 posts since 10/1/05

31 Jan 2009 19:28
Markus wrote: you joking about the mx5 right?

You listed some hot hatches, but laugh at an MX5? one of the most capable cars sub 15k, they handle and drive superb.
Markus
Markus avatar

4876 posts since 21/4/04

31 Jan 2009 20:03
I never laughed at them outright. I merely detected a subtle hint of sarcasm in toocans post, which let me to query him. Especially considering that in the previous post he was told convertibles are for women.

_______________

My Deviant Art
THE GUV'NOR
THE GUV'NOR avatar

3279 posts since 4/5/04

31 Jan 2009 20:10
why look at spending 15-25k on a new sorocco you can get a mint 630 ci for like 18k or even a Cayman for 20k!

im looking at 16-18k at the minute thinking either z4 hard top, boxter or 6 series going along to a bmw auction to see how cheap they are
Markus
Markus avatar

4876 posts since 21/4/04

31 Jan 2009 20:22
oh and i forgot to mention also on my list is a Black Mini Cooper Chili pack or Cooper S with white contrasting roof/bonnet stripes/mirrors and white crown spoke wheels Cool

only problem is every cunt has one

_______________

My Deviant Art
Essence
Essence avatar

3137 posts since 10/1/05

31 Jan 2009 21:50
THE GUV'NOR wrote: why look at spending 15-25k on a new sorocco you can get a mint 630 ci for like 18k or even a Cayman for 20k!

im looking at 16-18k at the minute thinking either z4 hard top, boxter or 6 series going along to a bmw auction to see how cheap they are


A 630 or a Cayman will cost 3x more to run! insurance, petrol, servicing, tax…
Dave4
Dave4 avatar

996 posts since 26/8/07

1 Feb 2009 00:44

Stunning.
Mr X
Mr X avatar

7053 posts since 12/7/07

1 Feb 2009 01:23
S-lines are beefier so the sound will be amazing but even so don't look aggressive enough for my liking. I used to have a 225bhp TT sounded good when you ragged them and servicing was cheap tyres wear out quick.
toocan
toocan avatar

888 posts since 7/11/07

1 Feb 2009 11:35
THE GUV'NOR wrote: why look at spending 15-25k on a new sorocco you can get a mint 630 ci for like 18k or even a Cayman for 20k!
purely for warranty reasons… getting a nasty bill when your motor is being serviced is up there with an unexpected letter from the CSA

I looked a porka but the insurance for me is 2k a year and i presume, maybee wrongly that they cost a fortune to service.