General Discussion: The Motoring Thread Incorporating All Motor Vehicles (Including Motor Cycles.)


Show original post
Homer
Homer avatar

23926 posts since 8/5/03

2 Sep 2008 22:05
haz wrote: First car yeah?


FUK the credit crunch
THE GUV'NOR
THE GUV'NOR avatar

3279 posts since 4/5/04

2 Sep 2008 22:27
im looking at getting a new motor few options spending 10-14k 10k mark a4 convertable 12-14k BMW Z4 14k mark Boxter?
not looking to show off just spend my company car allowence and dish my saxo Smiling
Commander_Venus
Commander_Venus avatar

8620 posts since 16/7/06

2 Sep 2008 23:40
Well the Spanish arent known for their car making skills and all Alfas do is break down.
t_dot
t_dot avatar

6087 posts since 1/8/05

2 Sep 2008 23:55
Commander_Venus wrote: Well the Spanish arent known for their car making skills and all Alfas do is break down.
Laughing out loud seats are VW's these days. Alfas will break down, so u just gotta be prepared to take that into account, great driving engines tho.
Chopstickz
Chopstickz avatar

1677 posts since 11/3/06

3 Sep 2008 00:01
Seats are part of VAG so they're not that bad, actually quite the opposite

Edit: that's 1-1 then T-dot Eye-wink
Goldie
Goldie avatar

4593 posts since 17/10/07

3 Sep 2008 09:25
My mate has a Seat Leon FR and it's pretty fucking good. Goes like shit off a shovel, looks pretty sleek and he's not had any problems with it so far, had it just over 2 years.
jeg
jeg avatar

2266 posts since 12/12/01

3 Sep 2008 11:09
THE GUV'NOR wrote: im looking at getting a new motor few options spending 10-14k 10k mark a4 convertable 12-14k BMW Z4 14k mark Boxter?
not looking to show off just spend my company car allowence and dish my saxo Smiling

my old man has a boxster s and loves it - though the mpg is a tad fruity if the right clog is used a lot and obv servicing etc is £££ compared to most, though I would be happy with any of those you talk about above - all v nice motors.
jeg
jeg avatar

2266 posts since 12/12/01

3 Sep 2008 11:11
Commander_Venus wrote: Well the Spanish arent known for their car making skills and all Alfas do is break down.

I would agree if this was 1986, but would question such a generalisation nowadays as I think both these have improved muchos in the last 5 years. I have heard though that Alfa dealers are not v helpful


San
San avatar

10493 posts since 14/11/05

3 Sep 2008 11:20
I fancied a cayman last year but kinda felt like i couldnt afford a 'proper' porsche buying that model so i guess id feel the same in buying a boxster.

Id buy an A4 cab with the money, nice looking motor that
Noble Locks
Noble Locks avatar

66963 posts since 10/7/03

3 Sep 2008 11:25
in a recent survey, 99 out of 100 crumpets did not recognise that a cayman was not a 'proper' porsche.
Commander_Venus
Commander_Venus avatar

8620 posts since 16/7/06

3 Sep 2008 17:51
Yeah I know Seat is VW now but theres still a stigma for me - I also find it hard to believe that a Seat Leon goes like shit off a shovel; (no offence) Laughing out loud
haz
haz avatar

4334 posts since 7/1/04

3 Sep 2008 17:54
Noble Locks wrote: in a recent survey, 99 out of 100 crumpets did not recognise that a cayman was not a 'proper' porsche.

Do they even care what badge it is? I've often pointed out ferraris, lambos, astons etc only to be told they look like "toy cars" and they arent fussed
Commander_Venus
Commander_Venus avatar

8620 posts since 16/7/06

3 Sep 2008 17:55
Porsche Boxters are dentist cars and Caymans do make fools get out of your way on the motorway but they are just soccer mom range rovers.
Get an old 968 or a TVR Cerbera for £7000. Fuck there was even a TVR Tuscan going for £9000.
MrPlatinum
MrPlatinum avatar

8939 posts since 24/2/04

3 Sep 2008 17:59
haz wrote:
Noble Locks wrote: in a recent survey, 99 out of 100 crumpets did not recognise that a cayman was not a 'proper' porsche.

Do they even care what badge it is? I've often pointed out ferraris, lambos, astons etc only to be told they look like "toy cars" and they arent fussed

They care if it's your car, and not "that bloke over there's Ferrari".
Noble Locks
Noble Locks avatar

66963 posts since 10/7/03

3 Sep 2008 18:04
so true plats Laughing out loud
Commander_Venus
Commander_Venus avatar

8620 posts since 16/7/06

3 Sep 2008 18:05
haz wrote:
Noble Locks wrote: in a recent survey, 99 out of 100 crumpets did not recognise that a cayman was not a 'proper' porsche.

Do they even care what badge it is? I've often pointed out ferraris, lambos, astons etc only to be told they look like "toy cars" and they arent fussed

Bitches care about the inside of your whip, because thats where they have to sit, the ideal car would be this, the interior is basically a chanel handbag;


Vazza
Vazza avatar

4294 posts since 30/9/06

3 Sep 2008 18:09
Commander_Venus wrote: Porsche Boxters are dentist cars and Caymans do make fools get out of your way on the motorway but they are just soccer mom range rovers.
Get an old 968 or a TVR Cerbera for £7000. Fuck there was even a TVR Tuscan going for £9000.

You're confusing the Cayman with the Cayenne. Also, TVRs are notorious for poor build quality.
MrPlatinum
MrPlatinum avatar

8939 posts since 24/2/04

3 Sep 2008 18:10
Is that interior ideal as there is a dildo located in the seats?

edit: both seats (no homo)
Commander_Venus
Commander_Venus avatar

8620 posts since 16/7/06

3 Sep 2008 18:10
Yes I am getting confused.
haz
haz avatar

4334 posts since 7/1/04

3 Sep 2008 19:36
fair does….

saw a white R8 the other day…amazing car


and is it just me or do there seem to be more exclusive cars on the road these days? Bentley Continental GT's seem to be everywhere these days, for an 'exclusive' car….