General Discussion: The Motoring Thread Incorporating All Motor Vehicles (Including Motor Cycles.)


Show original post
Toasted
Toasted avatar

1741 posts since 15/10/09

16 Mar 2022 17:50
£160 petrol for 1500 miles?
a
a avatar

394 posts since 14/12/05

16 Mar 2022 17:57
Must be more like £350-400 depending on your mpg?
stoney
stoney avatar

17816 posts since 22/1/05

16 Mar 2022 20:38
I think I pay about half what I would with my ev over my old diesel
stoney
stoney avatar

17816 posts since 22/1/05

16 Mar 2022 20:39
But the best touch is £0 BIK year one then 1k and 2k years 2 and 3
jacko198
jacko198 avatar

601 posts since 23/10/09

16 Mar 2022 23:27
sydneyking wrote: What would it save you in fuel? Surely doing that sort of mileage you’d be saving buying an ev? Even at £500 per month

Can get 80mpg out of my 1.5 D Clio, so about £140 for 1500 miles. Which is annoyingly cheap. It just means it doesnt make sense for me to go electric, which is annoying because I really want one Laughing out loud
Essence
Essence avatar

3137 posts since 10/1/05

16 Mar 2022 23:40
jacko198 wrote:
sydneyking wrote: What would it save you in fuel? Surely doing that sort of mileage you’d be saving buying an ev? Even at £500 per month

Can get 80mpg out of my 1.5 D Clio, so about £140 for 1500 miles. Which is annoyingly cheap. It just means it doesnt make sense for me to go electric, which is annoying because I really want one Laughing out loud

Same, i would love to go electric but I get 65mpg from my 1.6 DTEC Civic - 0 vehicle tax - costs me peanuts and touch wood it has been bullet proof. It is paid for, so fuel is my only real expense.
swede
swede avatar

10510 posts since 21/3/09

17 Mar 2022 08:14
jacko198 wrote:
sydneyking wrote: What would it save you in fuel? Surely doing that sort of mileage you’d be saving buying an ev? Even at £500 per month

Can get 80mpg out of my 1.5 D Clio, so about £140 for 1500 miles. Which is annoyingly cheap. It just means it doesnt make sense for me to go electric, which is annoying because I really want one Laughing out loud

be someone mate…. think of the service costs too (basically 0). you are basically making money by going for the tesla
sam_y9
sam_y9 avatar

63 posts since 25/11/11

posted 19 Mar 2022 20:28, edited 19 Mar 2022 20:28
Picked up my first 911 today - 997.2 Manual.
Would rather spend my money on something fun than by a Tesla (that definitely does have maintenance costs!)
Essence
Essence avatar

3137 posts since 10/1/05

20 Mar 2022 20:17
sam_y9 wrote: Picked up my first 911 today - 997.2 Manual.
Would rather spend my money on something fun than by a Tesla (that definitely does have maintenance costs!)
lovely! pics?
Bails78
Bails78 avatar

768 posts since 6/1/08

28 Mar 2022 12:54
Currently undecided about the next car. It's going to be an EV as my workplace has a scheme in place with Leaseplan so we get quite favourable rates.

So my choices are either the Audi Q4 E-Tron 50 Sportback Vorsprung 220kw, BMW i4 M50 or a spec'd out i4 eDrive M sport 40. I don't know if I should wait to see what the Macan EV comes in at.

Anyone have any experience with the Audi or BMW can offer any advice?

Lead times are like 8 months so will be without a car for a while.
Toasted
Toasted avatar

1741 posts since 15/10/09

28 Mar 2022 13:02
I have an i4 M50 on order and my only contribution is that they're fucking liars about the wait time Laughing out loud
swede
swede avatar

10510 posts since 21/3/09

28 Mar 2022 13:38
no taycan bails? would be decent
Toasted
Toasted avatar

1741 posts since 15/10/09

28 Mar 2022 13:52
I am thinking about cancelling my i4 M50 and buying a Taycan tbh.
swede
swede avatar

10510 posts since 21/3/09

28 Mar 2022 14:09
Ubercool first fuker with one? endlessly better than some pathetic tesla
Bails78
Bails78 avatar

768 posts since 6/1/08

28 Mar 2022 14:18
swede wrote: no taycan bails? would be decent

Swede I wish man, sadly out of my price range. A few of the traders have gone for the Audi RS GT E-Tron. Silly money for that.

Part of me is saying wait to see what price the Macan EV comes in at, and what you get for the money, but also winter without a car is SHIT, especially when we'll have to commute to the Midlands at once a month.
swede
swede avatar

10510 posts since 21/3/09

28 Mar 2022 14:24
Bails78 wrote: Audi RS GT E-Tron

they look amazing in pics. dont think i have seen one on the road here yet though?
Bails78
Bails78 avatar

768 posts since 6/1/08

28 Mar 2022 14:39
swede wrote:
Bails78 wrote: Audi RS GT E-Tron

they look amazing in pics. dont think i have seen one on the road here yet though?

I've never seen one in the flesh, think of the guys is getting there's in May and he'll be driving to work in it as you only pay for the first 10 minutes in Westminster then it's free for the rest of the day, so will get to see it in the flesh.
morning mist
morning mist avatar

3693 posts since 29/5/05

28 Mar 2022 15:09
why do they design every car like it's the batmobile? ridiculous
sydneyking
sydneyking avatar

5221 posts since 26/9/09

28 Mar 2022 16:05
Bails78 wrote: Currently undecided about the next car. It's going to be an EV as my workplace has a scheme in place with Leaseplan so we get quite favourable rates.

So my choices are either the Audi Q4 E-Tron 50 Sportback Vorsprung 220kw, BMW i4 M50 or a spec'd out i4 eDrive M sport 40. I don't know if I should wait to see what the Macan EV comes in at.

Anyone have any experience with the Audi or BMW can offer any advice?

Lead times are like 8 months so will be without a car for a while.

I looked at the Q4, I was massively disappointed, it was underwhelming in almost every aspect. It looks ok but otherwise it felt pretty basic for a vehicle of that price.
Toasted
Toasted avatar

1741 posts since 15/10/09

28 Mar 2022 16:16
Guy at work has an ETRON GT it’s super nice… but you’d just get the TAYCAN wouldn’t you?