General Discussion: The Motoring Thread Incorporating All Motor Vehicles (Including Motor Cycles.)


Show original post
bill
bill avatar

4931 posts since 5/8/09

4 Apr 2010 13:31
Laughing out loud

Bank Manager: Hello sir how can I help you?
Chav: I'd like to borrow 30k to buy a Ford Focus RS500 please!
Bank Manager: Occupation and salary?
Chav: Abattoir worker and make £15k/year
Bank Manager: Any CCJ's or convictions?
Chav: Multiple loitering with attent convictions
Bank Manager: ok, are you a home owner?
Chav: Currently 'living with parents'
Bank Manager: All sounds in order, we're falling over ourselves to give people unsecured loans at the moment. I'll just go get your cheque!


Jesus
Jesus avatar

6099 posts since 7/10/08

4 Apr 2010 13:37
Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud are you that far removed from the lower classes you think that they get their loans from the bank?
bill
bill avatar

4931 posts since 5/8/09

4 Apr 2010 13:40
AAA
AAA avatar

10013 posts since 15/12/02

4 Apr 2010 14:16
Jesus wrote: Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud are you that far removed from the lower classes you think that they get their loans from the bank?

Where else do they get 35k loans from? serious question
6thEdition
6thEdition avatar

5882 posts since 7/3/08

4 Apr 2010 14:43
get car on finance innit
AAA
AAA avatar

10013 posts since 15/12/02

4 Apr 2010 14:57
6thEdition wrote: get car on finance innit

Wouldnt be able to for the focus with the scenario given earlier. They dont do finance on 35k cards to people with 15k jobs
Sleuth
Sleuth avatar

5379 posts since 12/9/04

4 Apr 2010 15:41
My friend is selling his car. I like it though. Cry





I'd have that over the focus any day and still have 15k to spunk on something else.

Audi A8 4.0 V8TDI QUATTRO SPORT 4.0 V8 DIESEL
Mileage: 31000
Jesus
Jesus avatar

6099 posts since 7/10/08

4 Apr 2010 15:47
AAA wrote:
6thEdition wrote: get car on finance innit

Wouldnt be able to for the focus with the scenario given earlier. They dont do finance on 35k cards to people with 15k jobs

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

fucking cut throat companys dont care, do a search online for bad debt car loan, probably 90% of the people they loan to will default, they know this, they are happy to take the massive APR payments safe in the knowledge they will popping to repo the car within a year
Mr X
Mr X avatar

7053 posts since 12/7/07

4 Apr 2010 15:54
That Focus RS is shit to look at but great to drive.

Even a car like that can cost you big to run. When I was test driving one a dealer told me there's 4 titanium spark plugs (may not have been spark plugs, can't remember the exact thing he said) that need replacing every 2 years and they're £500 each!

I think generally you're ok with 2 year old cars and low milage. Never buy anything older because it will cost you and the interiors are usually fucked. I once bought a set of Michellin Pilot Sport 2s for my TT and it was £200 a tyre, a dealer wanted to charge way more.



EVERS
EVERS avatar

8580 posts since 2/7/06

4 Apr 2010 17:43
Mr X wrote: I think generally you're ok with 2 year old cars and low milage. Never buy anything older because it will cost you and the interiors are usually fucked. I once bought a set of Michellin Pilot Sport 2s for my TT and it was £200 a tyre, a dealer wanted to charge way more.

modern cars are virtually indestructible and should give you 200k without any bother.
AAA
AAA avatar

10013 posts since 15/12/02

4 Apr 2010 18:42
Mr X wrote: That Focus RS is shit to look at but great to drive.

Even a car like that can cost you big to run. When I was test driving one a dealer told me there's 4 titanium spark plugs (may not have been spark plugs, can't remember the exact thing he said) that need replacing every 2 years and they're £500 each!

I think generally you're ok with 2 year old cars and low milage. Never buy anything older because it will cost you and the interiors are usually fucked. I once bought a set of Michellin Pilot Sport 2s for my TT and it was £200 a tyre, a dealer wanted to charge way more.

What TT do you have?
Mr X
Mr X avatar

7053 posts since 12/7/07

4 Apr 2010 18:54
Had. Everyone here knows I drive a fiesta now. The audi was my second car I ever bought in 03' it was a year old 225bhp coupe in a dark silver. Got rid because everyone kept saying it was a hairdressers car so I sold it for 18k and bought a 2 year old beamer 330ci M sport cabriolet for 27k… everyone kept saying it was a hairdressers car too! Epic fail. I liked it but convertibles are bone shakers. Then I hit hard times and bought a new Fiesta in Sept '07.

Sorry if any FUKs have read that story 10 x before.
R
R avatar

13339 posts since 17/5/03

4 Apr 2010 19:45
Mr X wrote: Had. Everyone here knows I drive a fiesta now. The audi was my second car I ever bought in 03' it was a year old 225bhp coupe in a dark silver. Got rid because everyone kept saying it was a hairdressers car so I sold it for 18k and bought a 2 year old beamer 330ci M sport cabriolet for 27k… everyone kept saying it was a hairdressers car too! Epic fail. I liked it but convertibles are bone shakers. Then I hit hard times and bought a new Fiesta in Sept '07.

Sorry if any FUKs have read that story 10 x before.

you sold 2 cos people said they were hairdressers cars Puzzled
EVERS
EVERS avatar

8580 posts since 2/7/06

8 Apr 2010 22:27
anyone know about the reliability of saab convertibles? (abt 10 yr old)
andymakesglasses
andymakesglasses avatar

20740 posts since 26/1/06

8 Apr 2010 22:31
http://www.edmunds.com/saab/93/2000/consumerreview.html
EVERS
EVERS avatar

8580 posts since 2/7/06

8 Apr 2010 22:43
cheers andy - fuck that then! Smiling
AAA
AAA avatar

10013 posts since 15/12/02

17 Apr 2010 21:57
Some mentalist keyed my birds car today. All round the side and the back while in a car park, he did a few other cars aswell.

Anyone know if this is covered under the cars warranty, or if its likely to be? The car is only 5 months old, if not is the only other route through insurance.

Its not a t-cut job
Blueprint
Blueprint avatar

986 posts since 28/4/07

17 Apr 2010 22:05
no chance that it will be covered under the warranty

check if the insurance covers vandalism
stelfox
stelfox avatar

8488 posts since 11/3/09

17 Apr 2010 22:10
would the excess make it not worth it though?

We've only ever had second hand cars. The golf IV was a fucking piece of utter fucking shit, others have been fine though (2 mercs, 2 fords, a bmw and a peugeot)
AAA
AAA avatar

10013 posts since 15/12/02

17 Apr 2010 22:13
Excess might be about £300. I reckon to get it sorted would probably cost more than that. Fucking shit, proper cunt thing to do, just found out he did 14 cars. Wrote cunt on one of them Laughing out loud