Menswear: Need a nice leather jacket..


Show original post
sofashionmuchamaze
sofashionmuchamaze avatar

640 posts since 12/12/13

6 Apr 2015 12:17
TeenageIcon wrote: i have a moto toj leather jacket, been wearing it quite a lot, usually not bother with the wrinkles but what do you guys usually do to make the wrinkles less apparent?

cheers

same here
Bennelli
Bennelli avatar

3461 posts since 25/5/11

6 Apr 2015 13:54
Mustang Paste looks like it does the trick
http://mustangpaste.com/results/
sofashionmuchamaze
sofashionmuchamaze avatar

640 posts since 12/12/13

posted 6 Apr 2015 17:46, edited 6 Apr 2015 17:46
Bennelli wrote: Mustang Paste looks like it does the trick
http://mustangpaste.com/results/

It says that this 'brings back' the wrinkles. We're looking to make them less apparent. For some reason the ToJ moto sleeves wrinkle hardcore.
blackbeltjones
blackbeltjones avatar

416 posts since 4/2/12

6 Apr 2015 21:57
http://www.amazon.com/Obenaufs-Heavy-Duty-LP/dp/B0020LQO1Q

This stuff is hardcore but will darken the leather
sofashionmuchamaze
sofashionmuchamaze avatar

640 posts since 12/12/13

18 Apr 2015 14:25
blackbeltjones wrote: http://www.amazon.com/Obenaufs-Heavy-Duty-LP/dp/B0020LQO1Q

This stuff is hardcore but will darken the leather

I know about Obenauf products, and I have some Red Wing mink oil, but it all darkens the leather. My ToJ is grey, so I don't want that. Not sure what my options are.
jogon321
jogon321 avatar

545 posts since 13/4/12

18 Apr 2015 18:31
Have used Renapur on lighter leathers with no issues

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Renapur-Ltd-Leather-Balsam-200ml/dp/B005EBNZTI
Brad
Brad avatar

5012 posts since 20/6/01

18 Apr 2015 19:53
sofashionmuchamaze wrote:
blackbeltjones wrote: http://www.amazon.com/Obenaufs-Heavy-Duty-LP/dp/B0020LQO1Q

This stuff is hardcore but will darken the leather

I know about Obenauf products, and I have some Red Wing mink oil, but it all darkens the leather. My ToJ is grey, so I don't want that. Not sure what my options are.

I use old-fashioned dubbin (neutral colour) on my red wings, better than mink oil I reckon. Can't see why it wouldn't work for leather jackets ..
sofashionmuchamaze
sofashionmuchamaze avatar

640 posts since 12/12/13

19 Apr 2015 09:25
Thanks guys, I'll look at those. I've also read that you can actually iron your leathers on low heat without steam, using a piece of craft paper in between. Will give that a try as well.
Jimmy326
Jimmy326 avatar

4551 posts since 22/9/07

8 May 2015 12:44
Can't find a more suitable thread……

This Obenaufs Heavy Duty LP stuff isn't easy to find in the UK. What's a like-for-like alternative? Is it essentially the same as Dubbin?

shields88
shields88 avatar

324 posts since 25/5/11

6 Jun 2015 23:02
I'm after a plain leather jacket like this one. only thing is I'm not too keen on the double zips. does anyone know of any alternatives?

http://www.allsaints.com/men/leathers/allsaints-varley-leather-jacket/?colour=1576&category;=9
sofashionmuchamaze
sofashionmuchamaze avatar

640 posts since 12/12/13

7 Jun 2015 09:52
shields88 wrote: I'm after a plain leather jacket like this one. only thing is I'm not too keen on the double zips. does anyone know of any alternatives?

http://www.allsaints.com/men/leathers/allsaints-varley-leather-jacket/?colour=1576&category;=9

I like the zipper, but check out Goosecraft.
MerciBeau
MerciBeau avatar

4321 posts since 7/7/06

22 Aug 2016 09:11
Whats the current best value leather jacket? Contemporary version of StudHomme or TOJ ideally.
illwill
illwill avatar

3009 posts since 17/5/04

22 Aug 2016 10:24
TOJ has returned in some form or other as Falcon Garments.

Info on StyleForum and Reddit I think.
DuffMan
DuffMan avatar

14183 posts since 21/2/07

30 Dec 2016 17:43
Anyone seen owt good in the sales? Want something fairly classic but all I see are either over the top or £££
TeenageIcon
TeenageIcon avatar

186 posts since 24/11/14

30 Dec 2016 18:04
blackmeans? addict clothing?

i think i saw blackmeans racer jackets for 500 quid on mr p, not sure if they still have it.

if not, proxy from jpn
EssexBoyII
EssexBoyII avatar

6146 posts since 5/6/07

30 Dec 2016 18:39
Black means or Addict?? Bit of a contrast there.

What about Undercover or DrunknMunky?
pops
pops avatar

3868 posts since 2/9/09

30 Dec 2016 18:52
There's a very nice undercover x lewis leathers perfecto on Grailed. Doesn't get much more classic than that.
Rez
Rez avatar

7760 posts since 5/4/09

30 Dec 2016 19:09
EssexBoyII wrote: Black means or Addict?? Bit of a contrast there.

What about Undercover or DrunknMunky?

Addict Clothes is a Japanese retro leather company buddy. They mostly repro old lewis leather stuff.

EG -

http://shop.eu.deuscustoms.com/collections/mens-jackets/products/deus-addict-center-zip-jacket

Rez
Rez avatar

7760 posts since 5/4/09

30 Dec 2016 19:13
Also duffman, you should get that one I linked to
Mowgli82
Mowgli82 avatar

1246 posts since 28/9/08

30 Dec 2016 19:16
Thanks Rez had never heard of them and that style is real nice imo. Any experience with the quality of leather?