General Discussion: New Fuk


Show original post
Anto
Anto avatar

4111 posts since 19/1/12

16 Jun 2022 09:52
inversesquare wrote: I think "Who's online?" is broken, not that it matters too much really.

I now see the "Who's online" tab working again
Redsuperted1
Redsuperted1 avatar

72 posts since 14/1/14

27 Jun 2022 22:26
Rez wrote: Are we ever gonna be able to upload images to this site without using a third party? Think that'd make it a lot easier for people to contribute.

working on it
Redsuperted1
Redsuperted1 avatar

72 posts since 14/1/14

27 Jun 2022 22:27
How are PM's for you guys? I know people were having some problems before but haven't heard of anything since.
Razorlight123
Razorlight123 avatar

5119 posts since 13/1/10

28 Jun 2022 06:45
It's alright.

One thing I have difficulty with on mobile, is the difficult to click someone's name to open their profile - in order to send them a PM.

I have to randomly click across the name, hoping I hit the hyperlink.

Unsure if others experience this.
Dreep
Dreep avatar

1905 posts since 29/7/08

28 Jun 2022 06:56
Still wish we'd discord.
andymakesglasses
andymakesglasses avatar

20740 posts since 26/1/06

28 Jun 2022 08:19
Redsuperted1 wrote: How are PM's for you guys? I know people were having some problems before but haven't heard of anything since.

PMd.
Dreep
Dreep avatar

1905 posts since 29/7/08

4 Jul 2022 00:41
Avatars or something, just to keep quotes.
Sayword
Sayword avatar

5963 posts since 1/4/07

4 Jul 2022 00:52
Dreep wrote: Avatars or something, just to keep quotes.
you mean like a signature? who is still keeping quotes in 2020? Sounds like you want to snitch to nobody that cares, or you're one of those people that are lame on social media that be quoting people in their stories like people are going to read it.

Message boards are dying medium, the last thing people give a fuck about is a signature.
Sayword
Sayword avatar

5963 posts since 1/4/07

posted 4 Jul 2022 01:22, edited 4 Jul 2022 01:22
The only time people should be quoting somebody on social media including message boards, is literally in response to somebody. Otherwise you're on some virtue signaling and or snitch type of cancel culture bullshit that nobody gives a fuck about.

Most people disable "quotes" that don't refer to some sort of direct messaging.

Hey ted, something that I've been championing since I joined this forum almost 20 years ago, is an ignore feature. On some of the message boards and all of social media you can just simply ignore someone and not have to look at another person's bullshit if you don't want to.

That would be a good look
Dreep
Dreep avatar

1905 posts since 29/7/08

posted 4 Jul 2022 06:12, edited 4 Jul 2022 06:12
Sayword wrote: Oops
billybrown wrote:
Sayword wrote:
Dreep wrote: So retarded


Your fits are somewhat decent.

Cool


You've emotional ruined me for the day.Oops
TCB
TCB avatar

5081 posts since 5/7/11

20 Jul 2022 10:24
Is it me or is the site running particularly slow today?
phelen
phelen avatar

6798 posts since 16/8/06

20 Jul 2022 11:48
Sayword wrote: The only time people should be quoting somebody on social media including message boards, is literally in response to somebody. Otherwise you're on some virtue signaling and or snitch type of cancel culture bullshit that nobody gives a fuck about.

Most people disable "quotes" that don't refer to some sort of direct messaging.

Hey ted, something that I've been championing since I joined this forum almost 20 years ago, is an ignore feature. On some of the message boards and all of social media you can just simply ignore someone and not have to look at another person's bullshit if you don't want to.

That would be a good look


Yes let's all belong in our own echo chamber, I'm sure you be on alot of people's ignore list anyway. Stop being a pussy and just move on if it hurts you're feelings which clearly it does.
Sayword
Sayword avatar

5963 posts since 1/4/07

posted 20 Jul 2022 12:43, edited 20 Jul 2022 12:43
phelen wrote:
Sayword wrote: The only time people should be quoting somebody on social media including message boards, is literally in response to somebody. Otherwise you're on some virtue signaling and or snitch type of cancel culture bullshit that nobody gives a fuck about.

Most people disable "quotes" that don't refer to some sort of direct messaging.

Hey ted, something that I've been championing since I joined this forum almost 20 years ago, is an ignore feature. On some of the message boards and all of social media you can just simply ignore someone and not have to look at another person's bullshit if you don't want to.

That would be a good look


Yes let's all belong in our own echo chamber, I'm sure you be on alot of people's ignore list anyway. Stop being a pussy and just move on if it hurts you're feelings which clearly it does.
are you talking to me who had one suggestion after belittling a person making a bunch of suggestions?

Or are you talking about dreep, the person in here with multiple suggestions? It sounds like you're in your feelings cause I can make it happen
Redsuperted1
Redsuperted1 avatar

72 posts since 14/1/14

posted 20 Jul 2022 17:37, edited 20 Jul 2022 17:37
Sayword wrote: Hey ted, something that I've been championing since I joined this forum almost 20 years ago, is an ignore feature. On some of the message boards and all of social media you can just simply ignore someone and not have to look at another person's bullshit if you don't want to.

That would be a good look

Lol yeah I actually used that on the Discord when I was getting abuse. It's a good idea I'll see if we can do it.

To be honest we can totally update the forum and make it as modern as anything else online… but it would cost a bit to do. We would need to have ads to support the move.
Redsuperted1
Redsuperted1 avatar

72 posts since 14/1/14

20 Jul 2022 17:40
TCB wrote: Is it me or is the site running particularly slow today?

What's happening exactly?
Dreep
Dreep avatar

1905 posts since 29/7/08

posted 20 Jul 2022 17:47, edited 20 Jul 2022 17:47
bring back .gif profile pics, miss my moving frog.
TCB
TCB avatar

5081 posts since 5/7/11

21 Jul 2022 07:10
Redsuperted1 wrote:
TCB wrote: Is it me or is the site running particularly slow today?

What's happening exactly?

Pages were slow to load but seems OK now.

Any update on:

YouTube embedding timeframe?
Easier picture uploading?
Redsuperted1
Redsuperted1 avatar

72 posts since 14/1/14

21 Jul 2022 13:55
Let's say, before the end of August… but hopefully sooner.
figurine
figurine avatar

6212 posts since 14/5/07

21 Jul 2022 14:55
Redsuperted1 wrote: We're working on updating the site now actually. It's taken a while because it's been tricky to find a capable developer and because the site had become very outdated and wasn't updated by the previous team. We'll hopefully have something to go in March/April that will work much better for sharing links, YouTube, IG, etc.
I'm not holding my breath for late August.
sssssteven
sssssteven avatar

89 posts since 14/3/19

21 Jul 2022 15:26
Redsuperted1 wrote: To be honest we can totally update the forum and make it as modern as anything else online… but it would cost a bit to do. We would need to have ads to support the move.


lololol. What the fuck are you actually doing 'behind the scenes'? Swear that pretty much nothing has changed since you took over other than new people being able to sign-up.

Either you have some really, really shitty developers; they're rinsing you big time; or you have no fucking idea what you're doing and are the shittiest client they've got. My bets are on all three.