General Discussion: New Lockdown


Show original post
sodomgomorra
sodomgomorra avatar

1603 posts since 24/3/14

posted 4 Nov 2020 09:53, edited 4 Nov 2020 09:53
You UK people can't do anything right. What a shit show.
Goldie
Goldie avatar

4754 posts since 17/10/07

5 Nov 2020 07:08
MoB wrote:
Goldie wrote:
MoB wrote: Just got the alert via the app that I have to isolate for 8 days. Doesn't say where the contact was or when, fucking shambles.
Bird's Mum got an alert telling her to isolate for 3 days. What's that all about? Thought it was longer than that as standard?

It's another error with the app, she should have got that alert 11 days ago. I should have got mine 6 days ago. Disaster.
For real? Jawdropping!
misled
misled avatar

4317 posts since 3/1/02

5 Nov 2020 08:09
-DiscoTits- wrote: 12bn well spent for the wife of a tory.

The amount of unchecked contracts being given to Tory friends and donors is unreal.
swiftus
swiftus avatar

1274 posts since 1/7/09

5 Nov 2020 08:25
misled wrote:
-DiscoTits- wrote: 12bn well spent for the wife of a tory.

The amount of unchecked contracts being given to Tory friends and donors is unreal.

Examples?
Seventyfour
Seventyfour avatar

9190 posts since 6/10/05

5 Nov 2020 09:31
swiftus wrote:
misled wrote:
-DiscoTits- wrote: 12bn well spent for the wife of a tory.

The amount of unchecked contracts being given to Tory friends and donors is unreal.

Examples?

The one mentioned above is a good start.
Richgee
Richgee avatar

96 posts since 26/4/15

5 Nov 2020 09:43
https://twitter.com/JolyonMaugham

the level of corruption in the tory party is staggering, they know they can dismiss any criticism as party political and their faithful will just write it off as the loony left
morgan
morgan avatar

1098 posts since 22/2/11

5 Nov 2020 09:49
swiftus wrote:
misled wrote:
-DiscoTits- wrote: 12bn well spent for the wife of a tory.

The amount of unchecked contracts being given to Tory friends and donors is unreal.

Examples?

Is that a joke?
candidate
candidate avatar

2460 posts since 12/11/06

5 Nov 2020 10:12
anyone here had covid yet?

I've had it for a couple weeks yet the symptoms don't seem to be going away so quickly
JustinCredible
JustinCredible avatar

2645 posts since 11/6/08

5 Nov 2020 10:33
I tested positive on Monday.

First felt rough last week on Wednesday afternoon, Wednesday night went to bed early, feverish sleep with headache, sweating & shivering at the same time, sore throat and a cough. Fever continued Thursday into Friday but since then has just been generally feeling a bit shit.

That was 8 days ago, still definitely not right but most symptoms have gone now, just left with a lack of appetite and generally feeling full of cold.
ismvil
ismvil avatar

1469 posts since 16/9/11

5 Nov 2020 10:33
candidate wrote: anyone here had covid yet?

I've had it for a couple weeks yet the symptoms don't seem to be going away so quickly

Yep, I had it in March
LFC
LFC avatar

4922 posts since 14/6/11

5 Nov 2020 10:36
Yeah had it March too. Mostly like justin and no smell or taste for month or so.

Mrs still can’t smell or taste properly from the same time.
swiftus
swiftus avatar

1274 posts since 1/7/09

5 Nov 2020 10:55
morgan wrote:
swiftus wrote:
misled wrote:
-DiscoTits- wrote: 12bn well spent for the wife of a tory.

The amount of unchecked contracts being given to Tory friends and donors is unreal.

Examples?

Is that a joke?

No. Something actually reported on would be a good start instead of 'My mate Dave down the pub told me that…'
MoB
MoB avatar

36993 posts since 31/8/04

5 Nov 2020 10:56
Goldie wrote:
MoB wrote: It's another error with the app, she should have got that alert 11 days ago. I should have got mine 6 days ago. Disaster.
For real? Jawdropping!

For real
swiftus
swiftus avatar

1274 posts since 1/7/09

5 Nov 2020 10:59
Richgee wrote: https://twitter.com/JolyonMaugham

the level of corruption in the tory party is staggering, they know they can dismiss any criticism as party political and their faithful will just write it off as the loony left

This is what I was looking for
morgan
morgan avatar

1098 posts since 22/2/11

5 Nov 2020 11:08
You only need to read or watch any news channel to know the fuckers have given out contracts to all their mates.

It’s not a lefty conspiracy nor is at actually unusual. It’s just amplified now the magic money tree is shedding leaves like it’s eternally autumn.
swiftus
swiftus avatar

1274 posts since 1/7/09

5 Nov 2020 11:10
morgan wrote: You only need to read or watch any news channel to know the fuckers have given out contracts to all their mates.

It’s not a lefty conspiracy nor is at actually unusual. It’s just amplified now the magic money tree is shedding leaves like it’s eternally autumn.

Jesus christ, calm your tits mate. I fully believe it probably has happened, but I prefer to rely on evidence rather than hearsay.
-DiscoTits-
-DiscoTits- avatar

902 posts since 26/11/07

5 Nov 2020 12:00
Even if you are a tory you surely can't be happy with the level of incompetence being displayed by them just now. It's embarrassing how inept this current lot are. Robert Buckland today blaming this second lockdown on the public despite eat out to help out, encouraging you all back to work and the failures of the test and trace shit. Unbelievable. I reckon Boris will be gone after the new year. Especially if a 3rd lockdown has to happen.
swiftus
swiftus avatar

1274 posts since 1/7/09

5 Nov 2020 12:02
If Boris survives this, this country is even more fucked up than it seems.
morgan
morgan avatar

1098 posts since 22/2/11

5 Nov 2020 12:09
He will probably survive politically but he’s looking awfully ill every time I see him.

I hope the cunt dies.