General Discussion: Official holiday thread


Show original post
THE GUV'NOR
THE GUV'NOR avatar

3279 posts since 4/5/04

23 Dec 2016 01:12
fly tomorrow evening for 7 nights to sri lanka
2 night nuwara eliya
2 nights yala national park
1 night galle
2 nights bentota

have booked into ministry of crab in colombo before flight home supposed to be great
Ocin
Ocin avatar

1315 posts since 4/6/04

24 Dec 2016 13:07
Been to Australia over the past few weeks - awesome time. Apart from crashing my drone in the first week Cry

Vlogs here as well as other videos from my recent trips to Iceland, Houston Texas and LA : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChctHldwhvFoWNxbn5Tjgdw
carl lewis
carl lewis avatar

23932 posts since 14/10/04

24 Dec 2016 20:55
Ocin wrote: Been to Australia over the past few weeks - awesome time. Apart from crashing my drone in the first week Cry

Vlogs here as well as other videos from my recent trips to Iceland, Houston Texas and LA : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChctHldwhvFoWNxbn5Tjgdw

Link to the tune in that vid pls?
Mr.X.
Mr.X. avatar

3009 posts since 23/6/13

posted 25 Dec 2016 23:52, edited 25 Dec 2016 23:52
I liked the vlogs how have you only got so few subs? Maybe it's the accent.
m15try
m15try avatar

1228 posts since 18/8/09

26 Dec 2016 23:10
Torn between Essaouira, Paphos or Lisbon for a Jan city breakā€¦ any recommendations? Have been to quite a few of the other usual suspects
MoB
MoB avatar

36852 posts since 31/8/04

27 Dec 2016 10:37
Lisbon is brilliant, gets my vote
crutch
crutch avatar

449 posts since 22/11/12

27 Dec 2016 10:43
Lisbon is great for a city break.
Anto
Anto avatar

3799 posts since 19/1/12

27 Dec 2016 13:35
Definitely Lisbon
Ocin
Ocin avatar

1315 posts since 4/6/04

27 Dec 2016 13:41
carl lewis wrote:
Ocin wrote: Been to Australia over the past few weeks - awesome time. Apart from crashing my drone in the first week Cry

Vlogs here as well as other videos from my recent trips to Iceland, Houston Texas and LA : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChctHldwhvFoWNxbn5Tjgdw

Link to the tune in that vid pls?

They are all in the description mate Eye-wink
Ocin
Ocin avatar

1315 posts since 4/6/04

27 Dec 2016 13:42
Mr.X. wrote: I liked the vlogs how have you only got so few subs? Maybe it's the accent.

Could be! Never really thought of that. I've only had my YT video a couple of months, so still building a following. Feel free to sub though!
YLAup
YLAup avatar

5345 posts since 5/9/11

posted 27 Dec 2016 15:27, edited 27 Dec 2016 15:27
Lisbon, although never been in the Winter.

Just booked another two week stay in Lisbon and Cascais for July. Love the place.
m15try
m15try avatar

1228 posts since 18/8/09

30 Dec 2016 12:15
Cheers gents, just booked Lisbon. Went five years ago but was for a stag and not the most cultural trip
bill
bill avatar

4930 posts since 5/8/09

30 Dec 2016 16:09
Where to in january for a relaxing week or two in the sun?
-DiscoTits-
-DiscoTits- avatar

831 posts since 26/11/07

31 Dec 2016 16:57
Second this ^
stoney
stoney avatar

17524 posts since 22/1/05

1 Jan 2017 07:27
Can't go wrong with Caribbean, Did Jamaica couple years back at the time, was great. Nice beaches and a swanky resort with lots of other stuff to do and see around the Island if you want to add in some trips.
MLI
MLI avatar

5173 posts since 6/10/09

1 Jan 2017 07:56
Ocin wrote: Been to Australia over the past few weeks - awesome time. Apart from crashing my drone in the first week Cry

Vlogs here as well as other videos from my recent trips to Iceland, Houston Texas and LA : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChctHldwhvFoWNxbn5Tjgdw

Sayonara, don't come back.
NigelBenn
NigelBenn avatar

4213 posts since 6/2/08

2 Jan 2017 21:46
bill wrote: Where to in january for a relaxing week or two in the sun?
JA or Colombia definitely.
Egan
Egan avatar

437 posts since 17/10/11

3 Jan 2017 09:32
bill wrote: Where to in january for a relaxing week or two in the sun?

If you plan to stay in Europe, then don't rule out Tenerife. I'm just back from there, if you can avoid the pond life then there's some cracking parts of the Island.
crutch
crutch avatar

449 posts since 22/11/12

5 Jan 2017 22:06
Has anyone been to Iceland/Rekyavik in February? Is it ok weather wise or too cold and dark to do anything? Seems comparable to the UK from averages as far as my searches have shown. Thanks
adidaskev
adidaskev avatar

1001 posts since 30/11/11

8 Jan 2017 01:22
European city break for 3-4 days in May with the missus? Been to Berlin & Amsterdam. Thinking possibly Dubrovnik, Venice/Napoli or Barcelona?