General Discussion: Official holiday thread


Show original post
discobobulated
discobobulated avatar

1050 posts since 21/4/10

10 Jul 2021 16:38
Anyone recommend any hotels with decent family rooms in London?
swede
swede avatar

9828 posts since 21/3/09

10 Jul 2021 20:33
blackham wrote: Any Antigua recommendations? Staying in Nelson's Dockyard for the week next week.
]

see if you can get a day pass to hodge's bay to chill on the beach/pool and eat fish tacos. nicest hotel i've ever been to. luxe af
Trent
Trent avatar

2041 posts since 18/1/09

13 Jul 2021 12:51
Davinho wrote:
Trent wrote: Looking for an easy meet up location for family / friends with me being locked out of UK.

Cyprus is looking good as single flights for everyone. I've not been since early 2000s.
Which areas are ok now? Has anyone been recently?

I went to Paphos 2 years ago. It was nice and exactly as expected to be honest. Hot, nice beaches. Food was good and good value, especially in the tavernas away from the main drag. Main drag can be a bit brits abroad in places but was nothing like similar sized resorts in Spain etc and is easily avoided if you want. Would go back.

Thanks mate! Will do a bit of golf as there seems to be some nice courses.
abagnale
abagnale avatar

842 posts since 6/1/14

15 Jul 2021 12:07
I'm looking into travelling to Greece for work in a couple of weeks time. The most convenient flights for me are all via Amsterdam.

I'm double jabbed, so going to Greece and back seems ok. But does throwing a transfer through Amsterdam into the mix change anything?

Do I need to show something in AMS, do Greece have different rules for people arriving from Netherlands…then going home etc.

Fucking ballache.
fudge.dredd
fudge.dredd avatar

1682 posts since 15/12/12

15 Jul 2021 12:44
^ that’s the whole point isn’t it?

Kafaesque levels of bureaucracy, no clear rules, constant rule changes.

They don’t want the plebs flying anymore.

I bet the UEFA vips that were at Wembley didn’t have this hassle. Some came in from red listed Brazil to watch a match with 60,000 people before jetting back home again.
ismvil
ismvil avatar

1814 posts since 16/9/11

15 Jul 2021 13:33
If you’re double jabbed and it wasn’t the Indian AZ batch you should be fine.
fudge.dredd
fudge.dredd avatar

1682 posts since 15/12/12

posted 15 Jul 2021 16:34, edited 15 Jul 2021 16:34
The entire ‘traffic light’ system is a load of crap. Laughable if it wasn’t so serious.

This week Sierra Leone has been added to the Red List despite average cases of 2.9 per 100k whereas it’s nearly 400 per 100k in the UK.

Which tells me it’s safer to be in one of the red list countries than in the UK. If I thought Covid was actually around.

Oh and they demote them Balearics to Amber but there’s been zero deaths there for the past week.

https://www.weather2travel.com/travel-advice/covid-19-statistics/

When will people wake up?
waterfall
waterfall avatar

1274 posts since 14/1/07

15 Jul 2021 16:39
Do you think covid is around?
fudge.dredd
fudge.dredd avatar

1682 posts since 15/12/12

15 Jul 2021 16:52
If you can explain the traffic light system in relation to Covid then we can discuss that.
MoB
MoB avatar

37181 posts since 31/8/04

posted 15 Jul 2021 18:38, edited 15 Jul 2021 18:38
fudge.dredd wrote: This week Sierra Leone has been added to the Red List despite average cases of 2.9 per 100k whereas it’s nearly 400 per 100k in the UK.

Which tells me it’s safer to be in one of the red list countries than in the UK. If I thought Covid was actually around.
maybe its due to the fact the majority of the population hasn't been vaccinated, about 2% of the country so far and cases are rising which means without vaccination it'll only get worse. They've just gone into a strict lockdown, closed banks and account access and the hospitals are near full….
Then again maybe it's cos they're waiting for trump to resume power, which should be any minute now right? could be either one really

Edit: if you wanna know what an absolute state it is out there I'm more than happy to give you my mates number who's been working out there the past year.
ismvil
ismvil avatar

1814 posts since 16/9/11

15 Jul 2021 20:06
The traffic light system is not all there though, but then the entire way BoJo has managed covid has been batshit insane.
MoB
MoB avatar

37181 posts since 31/8/04

15 Jul 2021 20:13
ismvil wrote: The traffic light system is not all there though, but then the entire way BoJo has managed covid has been batshit insane.
Not denying that but there's obvious reasons why some countries are red listed. I wouldn't have even addressed billy liar in any other circumstance but I just happen to know someone whos out there so can explain why.
ismvil
ismvil avatar

1814 posts since 16/9/11

15 Jul 2021 20:36
Fair play MoB, I feel you
leemc77
leemc77 avatar

2610 posts since 24/10/06

15 Jul 2021 21:17
discobobulated wrote: Anyone recommend any hotels with decent family rooms in London?

https://qbichotels.com/london-city/rooms/#fun-rooms
discobobulated
discobobulated avatar

1050 posts since 21/4/10

posted 16 Jul 2021 06:23, edited 16 Jul 2021 06:23
Cheers, Lee. Managed to get a deal at The Dilly.
Crackajack
Crackajack avatar

7960 posts since 21/4/05

16 Jul 2021 08:37
The traffic light system is another Tory dithering cop-out. However, it's quite obvious that they should consider rates of testing, vaccination rates and a host of other factors like data quality in terms of overall risk. I'm going to guess they think the Sierra Leone healthcare and testing system may not have the best quality of reporting.
fudge.dredd
fudge.dredd avatar

1682 posts since 15/12/12

posted 16 Jul 2021 10:37, edited 16 Jul 2021 10:37
MoB wrote:
fudge.dredd wrote: This week Sierra Leone has been added to the Red List despite average cases of 2.9 per 100k whereas it’s nearly 400 per 100k in the UK.

Which tells me it’s safer to be in one of the red list countries than in the UK. If I thought Covid was actually around.
maybe its due to the fact the majority of the population hasn't been vaccinated, about 2% of the country so far and cases are rising which means without vaccination it'll only get worse. They've just gone into a strict lockdown, closed banks and account access and the hospitals are near full….
Then again maybe it's cos they're waiting for trump to resume power, which should be any minute now right? could be either one really

Edit: if you wanna know what an absolute state it is out there I'm more than happy to give you my mates number who's been working out there the past year.

Lol and so the UK which has MASSSSIIVVE vaccination rates is now looking at further lockdowns in the coming weeks/months.

Explain that.

What ever happened to natural immunity?

What ever happened to ‘once the most vulnerable are vaccinated we can get back to normal’?

Then they came for the under 60s, then the under 50s, then the under 40s…

Next it’s children for fucks sake.

WAKE THE FUCK UP.

Edit: bit of context. Sierra Leona population 8m, reported deaths of ‘Covid’ 120. That’s 120 people.

Go figure.
fudge.dredd
fudge.dredd avatar

1682 posts since 15/12/12

16 Jul 2021 10:44
I’ve realised that the majority of people are fucking stupid.

Normal, sane, intelligent people can have their brains removed and all logic and common sense drained.

There is NO pandemic. Never was. You’ve been tricked and lied to and ‘Covid’ was the Trojan horse they are using to push through ID cards, increased surveillance, cashless society, green agenda, etc.

It was never about a virus. And if you don’t see that now you never will.

Enjoy your travels in the future. The last 10 pages of this thread have been about holidaying in the UK. ‘Staycation’ bollocks that costs twice as much that being abroad.

You’ll get what you deserve.
Crackajack
Crackajack avatar

7960 posts since 21/4/05

16 Jul 2021 10:59
Laughing out loud nice meltdown
MoB
MoB avatar

37181 posts since 31/8/04

16 Jul 2021 11:33
Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud