General Discussion: The official Nan Kid thread


Show original post
Sholto
Sholto avatar

808 posts since 25/12/12

27 Dec 2021 11:23
Agreed, fantasy football, football manager etc are def not nan
Copper
Copper avatar

3057 posts since 29/11/11

27 Dec 2021 11:30
Sholto wrote: Agreed, fantasy football, football manager etc are def not nan
Ocin
Ocin avatar

1418 posts since 4/6/04

27 Dec 2021 12:38
They are. You’re all Nan kids
kid unknown
kid unknown avatar

5514 posts since 8/12/01

27 Dec 2021 14:22
Driving.

Slows down when a car is coming the other way regardless of width of road.
quest
quest avatar

3783 posts since 11/7/11

posted 27 Dec 2021 14:48, edited 27 Dec 2021 14:48
guy I used to work with made cardboard versions of phones to compare sizes and pocket real estate etc in the run up to buying a new one

nankid probably not the cause of his behaviour, but reminded me of this
Ulster_Blue
Ulster_Blue avatar

5610 posts since 16/7/06

27 Dec 2021 17:01
pentonville wrote: Real nan kids wouldn't have the first idea about football or acknowledge its existence. I remember one god tier nan kid from school, Raymond Aaron Elvis Henderson, his dad was a Hells Angel so he was raised by his grandparents. He had the works, home haircut, glasses, unofficial school uniform w grey fuzzy jack-ups, US Brass shoes, skinny little kid with a huge faded black puffer from a charity shop and a brown leather briefcase as a school bag. CSB but that's the template for a nan kid.

this is nonsense, youre confusing nan kids with people with little money. surprised a silver spooner like you went to school with people like this
discobobulated
discobobulated avatar

1183 posts since 21/4/10

27 Dec 2021 17:30
Every cunt that’s into football is a Nan to me.
Sholto
Sholto avatar

808 posts since 25/12/12

27 Dec 2021 20:07
I'm not even into football but you can't call it nan ffs Laughing out loud
Ocin
Ocin avatar

1418 posts since 4/6/04

posted 27 Dec 2021 20:31, edited 27 Dec 2021 20:31
It’s the fantasy element of fantasy football that is Nan.

Getting into and excited about it, spending hours poring over stats you’ve no control over. WhatsApp groups about it. It’s all Nan to me.

Top trumps for nan kids.
menace
menace avatar

1131 posts since 3/5/12

27 Dec 2021 20:32
Sholto wrote: I'm not even into football but you can't call it nan ffs Laughing out loud
football isn't nan but being a nerd who loves Arsenal and fantasy football and eating 6 packets of crisps a day is textbook nan
eazypz
eazypz avatar

3585 posts since 16/4/10

27 Dec 2021 21:10
Ulster_Blue wrote:
pentonville wrote: Real nan kids wouldn't have the first idea about football or acknowledge its existence. I remember one god tier nan kid from school, Raymond Aaron Elvis Henderson, his dad was a Hells Angel so he was raised by his grandparents. He had the works, home haircut, glasses, unofficial school uniform w grey fuzzy jack-ups, US Brass shoes, skinny little kid with a huge faded black puffer from a charity shop and a brown leather briefcase as a school bag. CSB but that's the template for a nan kid.

this is nonsense, youre confusing nan kids with people with little money. surprised a silver spooner like you went to school with people like this

Surely calling poor people nankids is nan itself?
swede
swede avatar

10370 posts since 21/3/09

27 Dec 2021 21:57
Ocin wrote: Getting into and excited about it, spending hours poring over stats you’ve no control over

have to agree here. Football itself isn’t nan, but I have an ex school friend who is a proper “ketchup with Sunday roast” Nan kid who has numerous spreadsheets dedicated to his fantasy league. He simulates different scenarios each weekend etc. sad act
pentonville
pentonville avatar

1050 posts since 12/3/12

27 Dec 2021 22:51
eazypz wrote: Surely calling poor people nankids is nan itself?

Nan kids don't recognise class or really even hierarchy, they just existed in a bubble. But on the subject of income, I don't remember any nan kids who came from money, it was like they had to be accompanied by a limited upbringing which meant the only thing they could ever imagine doing on a Saturday night was having an all-beige dinner and watching only fools. I think noble was the only one who was really understanding the nan kid references.
pentonville
pentonville avatar

1050 posts since 12/3/12

posted 27 Dec 2021 23:21, edited 27 Dec 2021 23:21
I went to school with one real Nan called Terence, again carried a briefcase instead of a school bag, off-brand blazer etc, crazy bouffant side-parting haircut but had the sideburns cut level with the top of his ears. One of the few who seemed to function in society in adulthood, someone directed me to his twitter account two years ago , where he was tweeting detailed accounts of his covid symptoms, then that he was starting to improve, then shortly after he unfortunately died. CSB but Nans were always an interesting group, they seemed to just exist without a care in the world.
waterfall
waterfall avatar

1340 posts since 14/1/07

28 Dec 2021 00:29
discobobulated wrote: Every cunt that’s into football is a Nan to me.

Come down to the stretford end wearing head to toe visvim and see how that goes down
EssexBoyII
EssexBoyII avatar

7340 posts since 5/6/07

28 Dec 2021 02:11
waterfall wrote:
discobobulated wrote: Every cunt that’s into football is a Nan to me.

Come down to the stretford end wearing head to toe visvim and see how that goes down

Laughing out loud

Disco is deffo misappropriating a nan shout here
phelen
phelen avatar

6752 posts since 16/8/06

28 Dec 2021 04:38
Sholto wrote: Agreed, fantasy football, football manager etc are def not nan

It's not much difference than people who play Warhammer. Definitely nan
Seventyfour
Seventyfour avatar

9463 posts since 6/10/05

28 Dec 2021 06:56
discobobulated wrote: Every cunt that’s into football is a Nan to me.

This is the most nan kid thing I ever heard anyone say Laughing out loud
Best
Best avatar

9970 posts since 21/10/05

28 Dec 2021 09:39
^^^ THIS
Not being into football is nankid
kid unknown
kid unknown avatar

5514 posts since 8/12/01

28 Dec 2021 14:45
I know a classic nan who is well into football but he:

- buys club memorabilia
- collects programmes
- spends ages on football manager
- likes dungeons and dragons
- asks for steak well done
- has a Velcro wallet
- loves Star Wars excessively

All of these are classic Nan I would say.