Random Questions: Palestine/Israel thread


Show original post
smith
smith avatar

11060 posts since 5/5/04

posted 25 Jul 2014 19:31, edited 25 Jul 2014 19:31

LOL What a cunt. Live on brazil tv as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_agl8J1nEeU
ismvil
ismvil avatar

1488 posts since 16/9/11

26 Jul 2014 02:26
http://www.newstatesman.com/world-affairs/2014/07/jeremy-bowens-gaza-notebook-i-saw-no-evidence-hamas-using-palestinians-human

MuayThaiPimp
MuayThaiPimp avatar

7925 posts since 10/8/11

26 Jul 2014 05:57
Great article!
swede
swede avatar

9286 posts since 21/3/09

posted 26 Jul 2014 14:55, edited 26 Jul 2014 14:55
settler caught in barbed wire trying to steal a palestine flag, in palestine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1s3Qt-Tm5I
Double D
Double D avatar

3552 posts since 8/3/07

26 Jul 2014 21:13
Well done Hamas, like Israel need time to build up for more attacks…
ismvil
ismvil avatar

1488 posts since 16/9/11

posted 26 Jul 2014 22:00, edited 26 Jul 2014 22:00
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/10988692/Unless-Israel-lifts-its-blockade-of-Gaza-no-ceasefire-can-work.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACgwr2Nj_GQ&feature;=youtu.be
ismvil
ismvil avatar

1488 posts since 16/9/11

27 Jul 2014 08:00
http://www.salon.com/2014/07/26/israel_is_not_my_birthright/
ismvil
ismvil avatar

1488 posts since 16/9/11

27 Jul 2014 17:32
Just in case there was any doubt that Israel pre-planned this shit

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2014/07/hamas-didnt-kidnap-the-israeli-teens-after-all.html
shame
shame avatar

1733 posts since 17/7/12

27 Jul 2014 18:01
on a side note…this is obvious fake! Puzzled

@breck
do you really think that your website is objective journalism in any way?
of course not. it simply build up facts, without mentioning the other side…


just heard an excellent podcast from sam harris about the conflict + the religious connection.
https://soundcloud.com/samharrisorg/why-dont-i-criticize-israel
Bennelli
Bennelli avatar

3461 posts since 25/5/11

27 Jul 2014 18:06
The preplanning revolves around forcing the Palestinians out through aggression, inciting them to ever more desperate measures through blockading, killing innocents (in UN buildings no less), using banned weapons such as white phosphorous, propaganda etc .

Trying to make the Palestinians react violently so the Israelis have an excuse to bomb the living shit out of them.

Israel have taken another 40% of Gaza and aren't letting them back in until the purge has finished.
Do you think they are going to give any of that newly acquired land back, like they did with the rest?

breck
breck avatar

939 posts since 5/3/09

27 Jul 2014 18:55
shame wrote: on a side note…this is obvious fake! Puzzled

@breck
do you really think that your website is objective journalism in any way?
of course not. it simply build up facts, without mentioning the other side…

Do you have any evidence that it's fake? Or just covering your eyes and ears and shouting it's fake?

This is a good article I saw earlier

Israeli society inside 1967 borders is not broadly characterized by Apartheid conditions, though Palestinian-Israelis do labor under legal forms of discrimination. For instance, unless their villages are “recognized,” they cannot receive water and other municipal services and are threatened with dispersal. Since no Jewish villages are unrecognized, this separate status for (indigenous!) Palestinian-Israeli villages is Apartheid-like. Still, the most thorough comparison of the Apartheid system of racial segregation with Israeli practices can only be made of the West Bank and Gaza, where Palestinians are ruled by Israel but kept stateless and without rights.

1. South Africa created Bantustans as a way of denaturalizing Blacks, ensuring that they could not vote for the national government and were assigned citizenship only in their weak Bantustan.
Gaza and the West Bank function as Bantustans, as South African Blacks have no trouble recognizing. Indeed, a former Italian prime minister maintains that former Israeli PM Ariel Sharon told him he thought the Bantustan system was the best way of dealing with the Palestinians. The Palestinians living in these occupied territories have no citizenship in any real state. They are stateless. The West Bank has been segmented into 8 units. Palestinians cannot travel between them without going through numerous checkpoints. They cannot vote for the Israeli government, but they are ultimately controlled by the Israeli military. When in 2006 they were allowed to hold elections for a toothless “parliament,” and they cheekily elected a party the Israelis find unacceptable, the election results were overturned by Israel.
2. South Africa instituted a “pass” system to control the movement of Blacks.

Israel instituted a “permit” system to control the movement of Palestinians. West Bank Palestinians cannot live outside the 8 designated areas without a permit. Desmond Tutu, who knows a bit about Apartheid South Africa, remarked of seeing, on his visit to the Occupied West Bank, “the humiliation of the Palestinians at checkpoints and roadblocks, suffering like us when young white police officers prevented us from moving about”.

3. In Apartheid South Africa, 80% of the land was set aside for white settlers.
Israel itself was ethnically cleansed of 750,000 Palestinians in 1948, and was designated “Jewish,” such that the expelled Palestinians (now millions strong) were denied the right to return to their homes. Some 70% of the residents of the Gaza Strip are from southern Israel, and cannot return to their nearby homes in cities such as Sderot, where Israelis have settled Ethiopians and Thai guest workers. In the Palestinian West Bank, some 600,000 Israeli squatters have usurped significant amounts of land from Palestinians, for which they paid nothing to the original owners, and their squatter settlements are off-limits to Palestinians, who cannot live in them.

4. In Apartheid South Africa, Blacks from the Bantustans could not attend universities designated for whites.
In the Occupied Palestinian West Bank, the Israeli military governor has recognized a squatter university, Ariel, built on usurped Palestinian land. Although Palestinian-Israelis can attend, stateless West Bank Palestinians cannot get on campus because they are barred from settlements by the Apartheid pass system, as Dahlia Scheindlin wrote at 972mag:

“Member of Knesset Zahava Galon, head of the Meretz party, scoffed at that. Ariel, she told me by phone, is off limits for Palestinians very simply because it is an Israeli-controlled settlement. Just as a West Bank Palestinian can’t go to Jerusalem or Tel Aviv easily, they are equally unwelcome in Ariel. For her, the move reeked of hypocrisy. “It’s a higher education committee approved by people in uniform, so what is the substantive meaning? It’s unbelievable.”

She called it a sign of the government’s true program of “creeping annexation,” and remarked that it would legitimize the global movements calling for the academic boycott of Israel.”

5. South African Apartheid forbade marriages between people of different ethnicities.
Israelis of Jewish and Palestinian heritage cannot intermarry in Israel. Two Israeli citizens of different ethnic heritage can marry abroad and return to Israel. But Israeli-Palestinians who marry Palestinians from the Occupied West Bank are not allowed to bring their spouse to Israel. The same problem is not faced by Israeli Jews who marry squatters on the Palestinian West Bank.

http://www.juancole.com/2014/04/israeli-apartheid-understating.html

thebigman
thebigman avatar

52 posts since 23/8/06

28 Jul 2014 02:34
Some people's views on this are simply embarrassing, Palestinians are being wiped out as a race right infront of our eyes and folk still can't see it
deuce
deuce avatar

13968 posts since 21/1/08

posted 28 Jul 2014 08:43, edited 28 Jul 2014 08:43
thebigman wrote: Palestinians are being wiped out as a race right infront of our eyes and folk still can't see it
Puzzled the palestinian race? Puzzled
you've just said the most embarrassing thing in the whole thread, including my A+ for effort trolling comments
MasterBlaster
MasterBlaster avatar

884 posts since 7/4/12

28 Jul 2014 10:15
breckroadlover wrote:
shame wrote: on a side note…this is obvious fake! Puzzled

@breck
do you really think that your website is objective journalism in any way?
of course not. it simply build up facts, without mentioning the other side…

Do you have any evidence that it's fake? Or just covering your eyes and ears and shouting it's fake?

This is a good article I saw earlier

Israeli society inside 1967 borders is not broadly characterized by Apartheid conditions, though Palestinian-Israelis do labor under legal forms of discrimination. For instance, unless their villages are “recognized,” they cannot receive water and other municipal services and are threatened with dispersal. Since no Jewish villages are unrecognized, this separate status for (indigenous!) Palestinian-Israeli villages is Apartheid-like. Still, the most thorough comparison of the Apartheid system of racial segregation with Israeli practices can only be made of the West Bank and Gaza, where Palestinians are ruled by Israel but kept stateless and without rights.

1. South Africa created Bantustans as a way of denaturalizing Blacks, ensuring that they could not vote for the national government and were assigned citizenship only in their weak Bantustan.
Gaza and the West Bank function as Bantustans, as South African Blacks have no trouble recognizing. Indeed, a former Italian prime minister maintains that former Israeli PM Ariel Sharon told him he thought the Bantustan system was the best way of dealing with the Palestinians. The Palestinians living in these occupied territories have no citizenship in any real state. They are stateless. The West Bank has been segmented into 8 units. Palestinians cannot travel between them without going through numerous checkpoints. They cannot vote for the Israeli government, but they are ultimately controlled by the Israeli military. When in 2006 they were allowed to hold elections for a toothless “parliament,” and they cheekily elected a party the Israelis find unacceptable, the election results were overturned by Israel.
2. South Africa instituted a “pass” system to control the movement of Blacks.

Israel instituted a “permit” system to control the movement of Palestinians. West Bank Palestinians cannot live outside the 8 designated areas without a permit. Desmond Tutu, who knows a bit about Apartheid South Africa, remarked of seeing, on his visit to the Occupied West Bank, “the humiliation of the Palestinians at checkpoints and roadblocks, suffering like us when young white police officers prevented us from moving about”.

3. In Apartheid South Africa, 80% of the land was set aside for white settlers.
Israel itself was ethnically cleansed of 750,000 Palestinians in 1948, and was designated “Jewish,” such that the expelled Palestinians (now millions strong) were denied the right to return to their homes. Some 70% of the residents of the Gaza Strip are from southern Israel, and cannot return to their nearby homes in cities such as Sderot, where Israelis have settled Ethiopians and Thai guest workers. In the Palestinian West Bank, some 600,000 Israeli squatters have usurped significant amounts of land from Palestinians, for which they paid nothing to the original owners, and their squatter settlements are off-limits to Palestinians, who cannot live in them.

4. In Apartheid South Africa, Blacks from the Bantustans could not attend universities designated for whites.
In the Occupied Palestinian West Bank, the Israeli military governor has recognized a squatter university, Ariel, built on usurped Palestinian land. Although Palestinian-Israelis can attend, stateless West Bank Palestinians cannot get on campus because they are barred from settlements by the Apartheid pass system, as Dahlia Scheindlin wrote at 972mag:

“Member of Knesset Zahava Galon, head of the Meretz party, scoffed at that. Ariel, she told me by phone, is off limits for Palestinians very simply because it is an Israeli-controlled settlement. Just as a West Bank Palestinian can’t go to Jerusalem or Tel Aviv easily, they are equally unwelcome in Ariel. For her, the move reeked of hypocrisy. “It’s a higher education committee approved by people in uniform, so what is the substantive meaning? It’s unbelievable.”

She called it a sign of the government’s true program of “creeping annexation,” and remarked that it would legitimize the global movements calling for the academic boycott of Israel.”

5. South African Apartheid forbade marriages between people of different ethnicities.
Israelis of Jewish and Palestinian heritage cannot intermarry in Israel. Two Israeli citizens of different ethnic heritage can marry abroad and return to Israel. But Israeli-Palestinians who marry Palestinians from the Occupied West Bank are not allowed to bring their spouse to Israel. The same problem is not faced by Israeli Jews who marry squatters on the Palestinian West Bank.

http://www.juancole.com/2014/04/israeli-apartheid-understating.html

Fucking hell, talk about a one sided view of things. You might want to read up about 48 before you comment on it. There's an interest part about the ethnic cleansing of hundreds of thousands of Jews from virtually every major city in the Middle East and North Africa too, but maybe that's all lies too and the 'war of annihilation' never really happened.
deuce
deuce avatar

13968 posts since 21/1/08

28 Jul 2014 10:40
already gone through this, he's assured us he isnt biased, he only talks 'facts' (ignoring that all his 'facts' are anti-israel, linked from anti-israel websites Smiling )
ismvil
ismvil avatar

1488 posts since 16/9/11

28 Jul 2014 11:33
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-28522336

Anti-semetism on the rise again, sad and pretty fucking unacceptable that people are tarring all Jews because of Israel's latest 'operation'.
breck
breck avatar

939 posts since 5/3/09

28 Jul 2014 12:02
MasterBlaster wrote: Fucking hell, talk about a one sided view of things. You might want to read up about 48 before you comment on it. There's an interest part about the ethnic cleansing of hundreds of thousands of Jews from virtually every major city in the Middle East and North Africa too, but maybe that's all lies too and the 'war of annihilation' never really happened.

Nice to see you back. You dissapeared from the thread after Soultimate's post on page 3

In the spring of 1972, General Matetiyahu Peled, Chief of Logistical Command during the war and one of 12 members of Israel’s General Staff, addressed a political literary club in Tel Aviv. He said: “The thesis according to which the danger of genocide hung over us in June 1967, and according to which Israel was fighting for her very physical survival, was nothing but a bluff which was born and bred after the war.”

In a radio debate Peled also said: “Israel was never in real danger and there was no evidence that Egypt had any intention of attacking Israel.” He added that “Israeli intelligence knew that Egypt was not prepared for war.”

(http://www.fuk.co.uk/threads/palestineisreal-thread/3/)

breck
breck avatar

939 posts since 5/3/09

28 Jul 2014 12:10
deuce wrote: already gone through this, he's assured us he isnt biased, he only talks 'facts' (ignoring that all his 'facts' are anti-israel, linked from anti-israel websites Smiling )

If the facts turn out to be anti-israel does that make them untrue?

No. What is anti-israel anyway, can you define it?


MuayThaiPimp
MuayThaiPimp avatar

7925 posts since 10/8/11

28 Jul 2014 12:17
If you disagree with Israel's right to defend (Murder) its anti Israel!

Any history of Jewish oppression makes how Israel behaves and the Jews that condone it even worse…obv their is plenty who speak against it!
thebigman
thebigman avatar

52 posts since 23/8/06

28 Jul 2014 12:48
deuce wrote:
thebigman wrote: Palestinians are being wiped out as a race right infront of our eyes and folk still can't see it
Puzzled the palestinian race? Puzzled
you've just said the most embarrassing thing in the whole thread, including my A+ for effort trolling comments

As a people, as an entity - besides the point, they are being wiped out slowly but surely