Random Fashion Questions: Plain t-shirt help


Show original post
PyramidSlug
PyramidSlug avatar

4 posts since 6/1/17

24 Feb 2017 04:33
Been doing research lately on tee's. I got my hopes up for these Camber threads cause of their popularity in JP and their weight. Bought one tee and one long sleeve to sample, both max weight. Wasn't really happy with the fit or the feel. Definitely not ringspun cotton like I was hoping for, so not that soft. I was expecting the fit to be boxy, but it feels like the arm holes go up a little too high and then get exaggerated because of the thickness of the tee. The tee might fit better after it's been through a couple washes, but not sure. Not worth the price so far. There's another usa-made brand, Goodwear, that sells 8 oz tees that I think are ringspun, but I heard they fit like garbage.

Next Level 3600 are my go-to tees for now. Ringspun, length is good, and they're cheap. If they made a 6 oz tee with slightly longer sleeves they'd be perfect.
bungleski
bungleski avatar

144 posts since 21/7/11

5 Mar 2017 13:32
andrew_ wrote: Good service from Open As Usual.
Got one 6oz and one 7oz.
TTS, short-ish body and comparatively long arms.
Quality's good, 6oz is slightly softer.
Maybe not worth 2 pages of chat, but will buy a few more if they wash alright.
Are the 6oz a similar weight to Supreme tees? Also, how did they turn out after a wash? Cheers
schtoop
schtoop avatar

12667 posts since 9/4/07

6 Mar 2017 11:57
whats a slightly slimmer alternative to hanes beefy tee's? i like the weight and quality but the arms are quite baggy
MerciBeau
MerciBeau avatar

4314 posts since 7/7/06

6 Mar 2017 16:29
schtoop wrote: whats a slightly slimmer alternative to hanes beefy tee's? i like the weight and quality but the arms are quite baggy

Gildan Ultra Cotton. Cheap AF, same weight (200gsm), slimmer body and shorter arms.

If you want something thats even thicker, and also considerably slimmer - Go for Stella/Stanley 'Hips'
andrew_
andrew_ avatar

352 posts since 23/1/10

posted 6 Mar 2017 20:24, edited 6 Mar 2017 20:24
bungleski wrote:
andrew_ wrote: Good service from Open As Usual.
Got one 6oz and one 7oz.
TTS, short-ish body and comparatively long arms.
Quality's good, 6oz is slightly softer.
Maybe not worth 2 pages of chat, but will buy a few more if they wash alright.
Are the 6oz a similar weight to Supreme tees? Also, how did they turn out after a wash? Cheers

I'm 6ft, the body on both has shrunk up to be a too short+wide.
Nice thick tees for round the house, but won't buy more.
schtoop
schtoop avatar

12667 posts since 9/4/07

6 Mar 2017 20:51
MerciBeau wrote:
schtoop wrote: whats a slightly slimmer alternative to hanes beefy tee's? i like the weight and quality but the arms are quite baggy

Gildan Ultra Cotton. Cheap AF, same weight (200gsm), slimmer body and shorter arms.

If you want something thats even thicker, and also considerably slimmer - Go for Stella/Stanley 'Hips'

cheers mate, will get a test gildan ordered

link for the second?
jimmoleum
jimmoleum avatar

1302 posts since 15/5/12

17 Mar 2017 23:57
I'm after some Henley s/s tees if anyone can recommend? Prefer the ones with the thick bands around the collar & buttons, rather than the loose, small buttons that don't do up properly. If that makes sense? Usually just get levis, or off asos but not that many on there atm.
phish
phish avatar

267 posts since 5/1/10

19 Mar 2017 21:04
any cheaper alternatives to sunspel? quality and fit is pretty much on point, £65 price tag less so.
MerciBeau
MerciBeau avatar

4314 posts since 7/7/06

19 Mar 2017 22:05
schtoop wrote:
MerciBeau wrote:
schtoop wrote: whats a slightly slimmer alternative to hanes beefy tee's? i like the weight and quality but the arms are quite baggy

Gildan Ultra Cotton. Cheap AF, same weight (200gsm), slimmer body and shorter arms.

If you want something thats even thicker, and also considerably slimmer - Go for Stella/Stanley 'Hips'

cheers mate, will get a test gildan ordered

link for the second?

http://store.baroneclothing.com/Brands_Holder/Stanley_Stella

I'd try a load of different brands from that place while you're at it, shipping bains though (>£Cool
schtoop
schtoop avatar

12667 posts since 9/4/07

19 Mar 2017 23:54
cheers, i got the gildan but it felt a lot rougher than the hanes beefy… still searching for a slim alternative to hanes beefy
subfunktion
subfunktion avatar

2403 posts since 13/5/06

20 Mar 2017 14:02
^ Try the Hanes Liberty (5280).
nothingelseworked
nothingelseworked avatar

2801 posts since 21/2/10

posted 12 Apr 2017 16:06, edited 12 Apr 2017 16:06
Looking for plain black tees that fit similar to Supreme, same length or slightly short works. Any recs?
Crackajack
Crackajack avatar

6434 posts since 21/4/05

12 Apr 2017 20:54
Got a GoodWear pocket tee. Probably a bit boxy for most but it is tubular construction, Made in USA and really nice heavy weight for £35.

Not aware of the slimfit being stocked here but would snap some up.
shego
shego avatar

1470 posts since 11/12/07

19 Apr 2017 13:36
subfunktion wrote: ^ Try the Hanes Liberty (5280).

Can't find these from a UK supplier? Not sure if I'm being dumb!
subfunktion
subfunktion avatar

2403 posts since 13/5/06

19 Apr 2017 13:56
put the code in the hanes site, they ship to the UK… come up as 'Hanes ComfortSoft® Men's Crewneck T-Shirt' now. Not sure why they're not Liberty.

I got mine from eBay, was after beefy but wasn't paying much attention… can usually be found for a couple of quid.