General Discussion: Podcasts


Show original post
MLI
MLI avatar

5173 posts since 6/10/09

posted 15 Mar 2020 10:54, edited 15 Mar 2020 10:54
Bails78 wrote: One for the denim heads out there https://www.denimhunters.com/category/podcast/denim-boots-podcast/ @spitfiredealer should like the latest episode as it looks at Iron heart

I hate fuckin "denimheads"

swiftus
swiftus avatar

1499 posts since 1/7/09

25 Apr 2020 21:34
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/23/podcasts/rabbit-hole-internet-youtube-virus.html

Two episodes down, really good so far.
nothingelseworked
nothingelseworked avatar

3560 posts since 21/2/10

25 Apr 2020 23:08
Even if you disagree with Bannon's politics, it's very interesting to hear his perspective:
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/war-room-red-scare-w-steve-bannon/id1364798971?i=1000470504131

You also realise where MLI gets a lot of the shite he's always on about - it's straight from Bannon/Breitbart.
MLI
MLI avatar

5173 posts since 6/10/09

26 Apr 2020 07:36
My shit is straight from my life and observations of deluded and priviliged people like you who can't understand reality for most people.
nothingelseworked
nothingelseworked avatar

3560 posts since 21/2/10

26 Apr 2020 09:23
Sure thing, sheep Laughing out loud
MLI
MLI avatar

5173 posts since 6/10/09

26 Apr 2020 10:42
nothingelseworked wrote: Sure thing, sheep Laughing out loud

how so? I think for myself, I don't let blogs or info wars decide what i think. I just observe facts and reality.

You suck the dick of MSNBC, The New York Times and BBC/Al Jazeera you fucking weak prick.
nothingelseworked
nothingelseworked avatar

3560 posts since 21/2/10

26 Apr 2020 11:31
MLI wrote:
nothingelseworked wrote: Sure thing, sheep Laughing out loud

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbUznfYP_oQ

Sorry I didn't catch that, one more time pls
swiftus
swiftus avatar

1499 posts since 1/7/09

posted 20 Jul 2020 14:53, edited 20 Jul 2020 14:53
Interesting listen from a guy I went to high school with. Could easily become a Hollywood script.

https://www.listennotes.com/podcasts/pub-talks/pub-talks-tales-from-a-ZeE5Pnc2tyX/
swede
swede avatar

9825 posts since 21/3/09

6 Aug 2020 09:01
got a 4hr drive to yorkshire tomorrow with the other half in tow. need something to listen to (although I am sure she will be asleep for the majority of it)….. we have differing tastes in podcasts but agreed on the entry level ones serial and s-town being very decent

anything along those lines?
swiftus
swiftus avatar

1499 posts since 1/7/09

6 Aug 2020 09:46
swede wrote: got a 4hr drive to yorkshire tomorrow with the other half in tow. need something to listen to (although I am sure she will be asleep for the majority of it)….. we have differing tastes in podcasts but agreed on the entry level ones serial and s-town being very decent

anything along those lines?

Hunting Warhead? Atlanta Monster?

The Manhunt: Finding Kevin Parle supposed to be good but not heard it.

Caliphate for something less murder-y

Rabbit Hole starts off good, then tapers a little
swede
swede avatar

9825 posts since 21/3/09

6 Aug 2020 09:58
awesome thanks - will take a look at those. all look up my street but unsure on the other half
Burt
Burt avatar

6145 posts since 3/1/10

6 Aug 2020 10:09
Hunting Warhead is class Cool
joeyjojo
joeyjojo avatar

4615 posts since 24/8/06

6 Aug 2020 10:22
Hunting warhead was really good but all
Levels of fucked up.
In the dark is good for true crime.

Fall of Civilisations has become one of my favourite podcasts. The one about Aztecs is amazing, and it’s just over 4 hours so may suit you well
swiftus
swiftus avatar

1499 posts since 1/7/09

6 Aug 2020 10:25
joeyjojo wrote: Fall of Civilisations has become one of my favourite podcasts. The one about Aztecs is amazing, and it’s just over 4 hours so may suit you well

Nice, missing some longer history podcasts since Dan Carlin disappeared
gonzoking
gonzoking avatar

831 posts since 13/3/11

8 Aug 2020 08:42
swiftus wrote:
joeyjojo wrote: Fall of Civilisations has become one of my favourite podcasts. The one about Aztecs is amazing, and it’s just over 4 hours so may suit you well

Nice, missing some longer history podcasts since Dan Carlin disappeared

Dan Carlin's still doing it, but you gotta pay for the new stuff
Trent
Trent avatar

2041 posts since 18/1/09

8 Aug 2020 17:15
It's well banter but I started listening the Peter Crouch podcast before lockdown in the car to the office and back. Just started again and still find it very good to leave work behind.
MoB
MoB avatar

37179 posts since 31/8/04

10 Aug 2020 11:44
Addicted to casefile ATM, done about 20 EPs this week.
padawan
padawan avatar

4466 posts since 27/6/03

10 Aug 2020 12:28
MoB wrote: Addicted to casefile ATM, done about 20 EPs this week.

Recommend an ep?
MoB
MoB avatar

37179 posts since 31/8/04

10 Aug 2020 12:33
padawan wrote:
MoB wrote: Addicted to casefile ATM, done about 20 EPs this week.

Recommend an ep?

Snowtown is proper proper fucked up but really good. Silk road is good especially if you don't know the story. Dnepropetrovsk maniacs is another that is seriously fucked up. It's all basically proper disturbing murders
MoB
MoB avatar

37179 posts since 31/8/04

10 Aug 2020 12:33
Also Jennifer pan one is a bit mental.