General Discussion: Politics thread


Show original post
swede
swede avatar

7420 posts since 21/3/09

29 Nov 2018 09:42
you've learn a lot from farage. won't answer a simple question. just wanted to hear your view on the destruction of the economy..
RickRude
RickRude avatar

3238 posts since 13/1/12

29 Nov 2018 09:43
swede wrote: @menace don't entertain him. just set his profile to block and you won't see his posts

Yet wants to know my view on the economy
swede
swede avatar

7420 posts since 21/3/09

29 Nov 2018 10:16
got our sovereignty back now though yeah? can govern OUR country with OUR rules. just like the old days when everyone was susceptible to typhoid
TIMDOT
TIMDOT avatar

862 posts since 6/8/14

29 Nov 2018 17:53
nothingelseworked wrote: One question I do have: What does it mean to feel like a man or a woman? Obviously we know gender dysphoria is legit, because the transition leads to positive outcomes for people (less depression, lowered suicide rates, increased QOL, etc), but just trying to understand what it is about gender that does it.

I'm certainly on the side of 'gender is a social construct', because masculine and feminine things are totally made up (e.g. the ideas that wearing dresses and makeup is a thing for girls or playing football and playing with action man is for boys, etc). So once when you strip back things we do or like and certain things aren't masculine or feminine anymore, what does it mean to be a man or a woman outside of having a penis or a vagina? If you don't attach your gender to gendered things, how do you know you are that gender?

Is it simply that it's unexplainable? Someone who feels like the opposite gender just simply feels it inside themselves and in their code that something isn't right? And there is no want/need for "gender"-specific things?

Challenging video. It equates indifference to homosexuality in the past with indifference to transgenderism in the present. But I think the last few minutes go into what you are talking about.
There are ideas that say you can change peoples minds about trans rights through language, I would say you do so through explicit struggle for trans rights which makes other divisions in society apparent.

@essexboy
You and others would do well to look at the 'sex spectrum' here:
http://www.sperimentando.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/articolo_divulgativo_sulla_definizione_dei_generi_in_H._sapiensa.pdf
"Last year, for example, surgeons reported that they had been operating on a hernia in a man, when they discovered that he had a womb. The man was 70, and had fathered four children."
Crackajack
Crackajack avatar

6897 posts since 21/4/05

29 Nov 2018 19:22
Weird how concerned some people get about other people being gay or being gender fluid. I don't get why they get so worked up about it. No doubt just concerned for those individuals well-being Roll Eyes
quest
quest avatar

3133 posts since 11/7/11

29 Nov 2018 19:53
guess its just me that thinks you have a cock or a pussy
sodomgomorra
sodomgomorra avatar

1149 posts since 24/3/14

29 Nov 2018 20:23
quest wrote: guess its just me that thinks you have a cock or a pussy

How profound.
sodomgomorra
sodomgomorra avatar

1149 posts since 24/3/14

29 Nov 2018 20:26
This thread is the worst.
Superprecise
Superprecise avatar

2007 posts since 16/7/11

29 Nov 2018 22:56
It really is
ChrisAlright
ChrisAlright avatar

1429 posts since 29/6/08

30 Nov 2018 07:45
Lollllllll at all these lefties getting triggered by rickrude
MLI
MLI avatar

4015 posts since 6/10/09

30 Nov 2018 07:58
nothingelseworked wrote: I'm certainly on the side of 'gender is a social construct', because masculine and feminine things are totally made up (e.g. the ideas that wearing dresses and makeup is a thing for girls or playing football and playing with action man is for boys, etc).

They did this "gender neutral" school somewhere and the only toys were blocks. After a few years of gender neutral learning they put the kids in a room with the blocks. The boys built forts with the blocks and tried to destroy the other boys block forts and the girls built kitchen and played house. Go figure.
figurine
figurine avatar

5487 posts since 14/5/07

30 Nov 2018 08:42
MLI wrote:
nothingelseworked wrote: I'm certainly on the side of 'gender is a social construct', because masculine and feminine things are totally made up (e.g. the ideas that wearing dresses and makeup is a thing for girls or playing football and playing with action man is for boys, etc).

They did this "gender neutral" school somewhere and the only toys were blocks. After a few years of gender neutral learning they put the kids in a room with the blocks. The boys built forts with the blocks and tried to destroy the other boys block forts and the girls built kitchen and played house. Go figure.
You got a link to that study?
Rez
Rez avatar

7855 posts since 5/4/09

posted 30 Nov 2018 08:56, edited 30 Nov 2018 08:56
ChrisAlright wrote: Lollllllll at all these lefties getting triggered by rickrude

Do you have any politics beyond the politics of spite?

Any opinions?

My provincial teenage cousins also love watching 'sjw feminazi globalist cucks owned by FACTS thug life' compilations on YouTube, shall I put you in touch?
ChrisAlright
ChrisAlright avatar

1429 posts since 29/6/08

30 Nov 2018 10:54
Hahahahahahajahahaha

Yeh you’re not going to change my position and I’m not going to change yours. Waaaay funnier to watch you get so worked up over it
swede
swede avatar

7420 posts since 21/3/09

30 Nov 2018 11:00
Rez wrote: My provincial teenage cousins also love watching 'sjw feminazi globalist cucks owned by FACTS thug life' compilations on YouTube, shall I put you in touch?

Laughing out loud
figurine
figurine avatar

5487 posts since 14/5/07

30 Nov 2018 11:09
ChrisAlright has been a member here for a decade but still posts like he's 16.
MLI
MLI avatar

4015 posts since 6/10/09

1 Dec 2018 22:34
figurine wrote:
MLI wrote:
nothingelseworked wrote: I'm certainly on the side of 'gender is a social construct', because masculine and feminine things are totally made up (e.g. the ideas that wearing dresses and makeup is a thing for girls or playing football and playing with action man is for boys, etc).

They did this "gender neutral" school somewhere and the only toys were blocks. After a few years of gender neutral learning they put the kids in a room with the blocks. The boys built forts with the blocks and tried to destroy the other boys block forts and the girls built kitchen and played house. Go figure.
You got a link to that study?

nup
menace
menace avatar

1018 posts since 3/5/12

2 Dec 2018 04:55
this page is a Daily Mail comment section. I know somebody says it every week but RIP Fuk
sodomgomorra
sodomgomorra avatar

1149 posts since 24/3/14

2 Dec 2018 11:11
Accurate
swede
swede avatar

7420 posts since 21/3/09

10 Dec 2018 13:09
loving today's episode of the thick of it. omnishambles.