General Discussion: Politics thread


Show original post
sydneyking
sydneyking avatar

4513 posts since 26/9/09

posted 9 Aug 2019 12:15, edited 9 Aug 2019 12:15
I think you’ve missed my point Dee. Whether his words are responsible or not, the problem is that you SHOULD be able to argue with a degree of confidence that the rhetoric of the president of the US isn’t fuelling a rise in white supremacist activity.
DuffMan
DuffMan avatar

14254 posts since 21/2/07

9 Aug 2019 13:02
The only thing I take from this thread recently is that I generally expected better of Dee
Dee
Dee avatar

11127 posts since 22/11/07

9 Aug 2019 15:29
Eek Not sure why but sorry if offence caused. I disagree with some of the things said but don't think any less of the posters.

Not pro or anti-trump, just see that as a result of a democratic process which I wasn't involved in and these days try not to swallow the MSM feed so much as I did before.
morning mist
morning mist avatar

3127 posts since 29/5/05

9 Aug 2019 18:07
MLI wrote: The El Paso shooter was a registered Democrat but his details on facebook were changed after the shooting to republican. Google the screen shots.

more fake than a Trump impersonator with big hands

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/el-paso-suspect-mylife/

morning mist
morning mist avatar

3127 posts since 29/5/05

9 Aug 2019 18:54
sydneyking wrote: Although you can’t claim with certainty that Trumps words have been responsible for the actions of white supremacist shooters, the bigger problem is that you can’t claim with any confidence that they haven’t.

Trumps words have impact.

Before Trumps use of the term "fake news" in the election there was 238 articles published about "fake news" in August 2016, by October the number was 19,000.

Leading up and following Trumps election there was the highest recorded amount of hate crime in American history only topped by 9/11.

Trump is a hatemonger of historic proportions.
morning mist
morning mist avatar

3127 posts since 29/5/05

9 Aug 2019 19:12
notice how everyone is arguing about if each attack is coming from the left or right?

divide and conquer.
sydneyking
sydneyking avatar

4513 posts since 26/9/09

posted 9 Aug 2019 19:41, edited 9 Aug 2019 19:41
morning mist/ wrote: Trumps words have impact.

Before Trumps use of the term "fake news" in the election there was 238 articles published about "fake news" in August 2016, by October the number was 19,000.

Leading up and following Trumps election there was the highest recorded amount of hate crime in American history only topped by 9/11.

Trump is a hatemonger of historic proportions.

“Fake news” is one term in the post truth lexicon. Trumps words undoubtedly have an impact. The Washington post calculated that he made 2140 false or misleading claims during his first year in office.

Relativism has been in the ascendance since the 60’s, it’ has more recently been hijacked by the populist right including creationists and climate change deniers.

Obama said “one of the biggest challenges we have to our democracy is the degree to which we do not share a common baseline of facts”

The truth has been falling out of favour for decades
morning mist
morning mist avatar

3127 posts since 29/5/05

9 Aug 2019 20:19
Drop by drop, but Trump is a volcano that we certainly can point to as a catalyst.
MLI
MLI avatar

4346 posts since 6/10/09

posted 9 Aug 2019 22:51, edited 9 Aug 2019 22:51
sydneyking wrote: I think you’ve missed my point Dee. Whether his words are responsible or not, the problem is that you SHOULD be able to argue with a degree of confidence that the rhetoric of the president of the US isn’t fuelling a rise in white supremacist activity.

Do you think left wing rhetoric has led to any rise in left wing violence, antifa riots, university campus violence against convservatives, attacks on conservatives in public? The shooting of Republican senators?

Check out the new movie The Hunt. Do you think it should be banned because it might inspire violence against a group of people? Or do you think that's okay because it will just inspire more violence against Trump supporters and they should die anyway?

Watch Dem Rep Maxine Waters. She tells people to form posses in the street and assault anyone wearing a MAGA hat or with Trump support stickers on their cars. This is a US politician. Do you think what she says is okay but Trump said nothing like that and he's the bad person? Riiiighht..Roll Eyes

morning mist
morning mist avatar

3127 posts since 29/5/05

posted 10 Aug 2019 00:39, edited 10 Aug 2019 00:39
MLI wrote: Do you think left wing rhetoric has led to any rise in left wing violence, antifa riots, university campus violence against convservatives, attacks on conservatives in public? The shooting of Republican senators?

Left wing violence or threat of it has increased since Trump was elected. But just to be clear here, there are different levels of violence. For the last 10 years right-wing extremists accounted for 73% of domestic terrorism attacks, 23% was islamists and 3% left-wing. The rise of left-wing violence is mostly assaults and violent protesting.

76% of democrats think Trump is racist based on his rhetoric and 71% think that his campaign had fascist tendencies. Organisations like Antifa got a lot of new support after his election. On the other side you got his massive support among people that identify them self as far right-wing and alt-right. He couldn't have hoped for a better scenario.


MLI wrote: Check out the new movie The Hunt. Do you think it should be banned because it might inspire violence against a group of people? Or do you think that's okay because it will just inspire more violence against Trump supporters and they should die anyway?

Not sure what point you are trying to make with this. Is it a group of immigrants? or a group of Trump supporters?

MLI wrote: Watch Dem Rep Maxine Waters. She tells people to form posses in the street and assault anyone wearing a MAGA hat or with Trump support stickers on their cars. This is a US politician. Do you think what she says is okay but Trump said nothing like that and he's the bad person? Riiiighht..Roll Eyes

I don't know what she has said, but if she has said that it's obviously not ok. What's your point?

MLI
MLI avatar

4346 posts since 6/10/09

10 Aug 2019 03:13
figurine wrote:
MLI wrote:
figurine wrote:
MLI wrote: The El Paso shooter was a registered Democrat but his details on facebook were changed after the shooting to republican. Google the screen shots.

I tried but I need to make holes in my tin foil hat first to be able to see.

Infowars is real. The tin foil hat dismissal thing is over because it's all fucken real now
Infowars is pure tinfoil hat bullshit, Alex Jones is a racist nutter who has been sued multiple times for bullshitting.

5 eyes is real, global mass surveillance is real, deplatforming is real, silencing of "wrong think" is real. Mass Western indoctrination through the use of a small number of massive free systems like Google and Facebook has duped so many people.

Why do you think we're not in an infowar?
sydneyking
sydneyking avatar

4513 posts since 26/9/09

10 Aug 2019 09:41
Give us examples of the silencing of “wrong think”? what constitutes “wrong think”? Again give us examples of lines of thought that are being silenced.
fudge.dredd
fudge.dredd avatar

543 posts since 15/12/12

10 Aug 2019 14:32
Epstein dead. Lets see all the Democrat donors names come out soon enough…
fudge.dredd
fudge.dredd avatar

543 posts since 15/12/12

posted 10 Aug 2019 15:06, edited 10 Aug 2019 15:06
The democrats have always been the racists and fascists. Anyone with a hint of common sense just needs to look at their history. Nathan Bedford Forrest, the founder of the KKK was a delegate to the democrat national convention.

Oh and “Fascism is a form of radical right-wing, authoritarian ultranationalism characterized by dictatorial power, forcible suppression of opposition, and strong regimentation of society and of the economy which came to prominence in early 20th-century Europe. ”

Trump has done more to minimise government reach than Obama before him. Less regulation, not more. As for ‘forcible suppression of opposition’… really? No president has had more negative press or threats to his life and family’s lives than he has. And the worst he’s done is fire back at them via Twitter. What a fascist! And what about ‘strong regimentation of society and the economy? I mean, really? Trump?

The true racists are sitting on the other side of the fence and they’re too busy in-fighting with each other over who is more deserving of the victimhood crown. The left always eats itself up and Trump will walk the next election hands down.

Remember the saying “the only true minority is the individual”

Until they realise that, America is doomed.
nothingelseworked
nothingelseworked avatar

3212 posts since 21/2/10

10 Aug 2019 15:12
You sound more and more like a school shooter with every post you make, fudge
fudge.dredd
fudge.dredd avatar

543 posts since 15/12/12

10 Aug 2019 15:41
figurine wrote:
figurine wrote:
fudge.dredd wrote: - Obama for Sandy Hook
Did Obama often criticise pre school kids in his speeches?
Not deflecting fudge, but you completely ignored this.

Not ignored, I don’t always go back and check all previous posts so my bad.

I think the point is Obama was in power for 8 years and didn’t do much regarding gun control. Shootings occured under his watch also, correct?

And furthermore, here’s some stats:

There are more privately owned guns in USA than ever before and the number of murders has been declining conversely to a multi generational low.

Chicago has some of the strictest gun control laws in the entire country yet over 650 murders there in 2017.

Five times more people every year die from opioid abuse than from guns in America.

The constitution of the USA gives citizens the right to bear arms to protect themselves, even from their leaders. Remember East Germany, the Soviet Union, Bulgaria, Hungary: all countries who banned privately owned guns once they took power.

The further you look into the past, the more you see into the future.

fudge.dredd
fudge.dredd avatar

543 posts since 15/12/12

10 Aug 2019 15:42
nothingelseworked wrote: You sound more and more like a school shooter with every post you make, fudge

What, you want the state to come and arrest me now for wrongthink?
figurine
figurine avatar

5664 posts since 14/5/07

10 Aug 2019 15:48
fudge.dredd wrote:
figurine wrote:
figurine wrote:
fudge.dredd wrote: - Obama for Sandy Hook
Did Obama often criticise pre school kids in his speeches?
Not deflecting fudge, but you completely ignored this.

Not ignored, I don’t always go back and check all previous posts so my bad.

I think the point is Obama was in power for 8 years and didn’t do much regarding gun control. Shootings occured under his watch also, correct?
The point is Trump's rhetoric is similar to that of the El Paso shooter, Obama's rhetoric wasn't similar to Lanza.
morning mist
morning mist avatar

3127 posts since 29/5/05

10 Aug 2019 16:32
fudge.dredd wrote: The democrats have always been the racists and fascists. Anyone with a hint of common sense just needs to look at their history. Nathan Bedford Forrest, the founder of the KKK was a delegate to the democrat national convention.

Oh and “Fascism is a form of radical right-wing, authoritarian ultranationalism characterized by dictatorial power, forcible suppression of opposition, and strong regimentation of society and of the economy which came to prominence in early 20th-century Europe. ”

Trump has done more to minimise government reach than Obama before him. Less regulation, not more. As for ‘forcible suppression of opposition’… really? No president has had more negative press or threats to his life and family’s lives than he has. And the worst he’s done is fire back at them via Twitter. What a fascist! And what about ‘strong regimentation of society and the economy? I mean, really? Trump?

The true racists are sitting on the other side of the fence and they’re too busy in-fighting with each other over who is more deserving of the victimhood crown. The left always eats itself up and Trump will walk the next election hands down.

Remember the saying “the only true minority is the individual”

Until they realise that, America is doomed.

That post is borderline retarded.

Trump has for example broken the first amendment several times trying to suppress the freedom of speech and of the press. During his election campaign he promised to change the libel laws so he could go after individual journalists that was critical of him, he also urged the FBI to arrest any journalist that published classified information, he promised to punish Amazon because their owner Jeff Bezos also owns the Trump critical newspaper 'The Washington Post', he has used his power as President to punish AT&T and CNN because they are critical of him, he threatened to pull NBC's licence to broadcast for the same reason and the list goes on and on.
Dee
Dee avatar

11127 posts since 22/11/07

posted 10 Aug 2019 17:28, edited 10 Aug 2019 17:28
No surprise, CNN and the WP are fucking terrible. MSM are doing more to divide people than any politician.

If you want to look at the bad things POTUS have done then there's a massive list, quite a bit worse than above for just about everyone thats held that position since you've drawn breath.