General Discussion: Politics thread


Show original post
Superprecise
Superprecise avatar

2056 posts since 16/7/11

26 Aug 2019 07:07
If you care about this issue then you must be a leftist eco-prick or a racist colonialist YEAH THAT MUST BE IT
EssexBoyII
EssexBoyII avatar

6389 posts since 5/6/07

26 Aug 2019 07:55
fudge.dredd wrote: Brazillians can do whatever they like with THEIR rainforest… if they want to set fire to some parts to clear to make way for farming, that’s their choice.

Who is anyone else to make a judgement?

Just leftist eco-pricks showing themselves to be the racist colonialists they really are.

Thickest cunt on here. Even moreso than Milspack
Rirawin
Rirawin avatar

9220 posts since 17/7/05

27 Aug 2019 12:09
Lad:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-49479470


Worth a read:
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/aug/27/immigration-panic-how-the-west-fell-for-manufactured-rage
fudge.dredd
fudge.dredd avatar

551 posts since 15/12/12

27 Aug 2019 12:53
I dont read Guardian articles lad.
fudge.dredd
fudge.dredd avatar

551 posts since 15/12/12

27 Aug 2019 12:57
EssexBoyII wrote:
fudge.dredd wrote: Brazillians can do whatever they like with THEIR rainforest… if they want to set fire to some parts to clear to make way for farming, that’s their choice.

Who is anyone else to make a judgement?

Just leftist eco-pricks showing themselves to be the racist colonialists they really are.

Thickest cunt on here. Even moreso than Milspack

You really do like to keep developing countries under the boot right?

Bolsanaro was elected by his people - much like the Americans voted for Trump. They don’t care about the opinions of some prick from Essex signalling his virtue from 5000 miles away. Fuck off.
EssexBoyII
EssexBoyII avatar

6389 posts since 5/6/07

27 Aug 2019 13:32
Yep nationalism will save the planet I’m sure Laughing out loud
phelen
phelen avatar

6396 posts since 16/8/06

27 Aug 2019 13:55
EssexBoyII wrote:
fudge.dredd wrote: Brazillians can do whatever they like with THEIR rainforest… if they want to set fire to some parts to clear to make way for farming, that’s their choice.

Who is anyone else to make a judgement?

Just leftist eco-pricks showing themselves to be the racist colonialists they really are.

Thickest cunt on here. Even moreso than Milspack



The rainforest has a measurable impact on rains on the continent, and a very considerable portion of carbon fixed on its biomass; burning it down would throw all this carbon into the atmosphere, further compromising global warmth. SO yeah its does concern us.
andymakesglasses
andymakesglasses avatar

20168 posts since 26/1/06

27 Aug 2019 14:10
MLI wrote: It was just a quick search. I got a lot more detail on radio shows and podcasts that aren't MSM.

How do you define mainstream media?

How do you define non-mainstream media?

Is a media source less accurate or trustworthy if more people consume it?

Is a media source more accurate or trustworthy if less people consume it?

What checks do you make to ensure that what you're listening to or reading is accurate and backed up by facts?

What's your opinion on peer-reviewed academic research?
nothingelseworked
nothingelseworked avatar

3216 posts since 21/2/10

posted 27 Aug 2019 14:24, edited 27 Aug 2019 14:24
andymakesglasses wrote:
MLI wrote: It was just a quick search. I got a lot more detail on radio shows and podcasts that aren't MSM.

How do you define mainstream media?

How do you define non-mainstream media?

Is a media source less accurate or trustworthy if more people consume it?

Is a media source more accurate or trustworthy if less people consume it?

What checks do you make to ensure that what you're listening to or reading is accurate and backed up by facts?

What's your opinion on peer-reviewed academic research?

But Obama??????????????
phelen
phelen avatar

6396 posts since 16/8/06

27 Aug 2019 14:36
nothingelseworked wrote:
andymakesglasses wrote:
MLI wrote: It was just a quick search. I got a lot more detail on radio shows and podcasts that aren't MSM.

How do you define mainstream media?

How do you define non-mainstream media?

Is a media source less accurate or trustworthy if more people consume it?

Is a media source more accurate or trustworthy if less people consume it?

What checks do you make to ensure that what you're listening to or reading is accurate and backed up by facts?

What's your opinion on peer-reviewed academic research?

But Obama??????????????

But Hillary's emails /s
Sneakysbest
Sneakysbest avatar

1893 posts since 28/1/12

27 Aug 2019 16:14
fudge.dredd wrote:
EssexBoyII wrote:
fudge.dredd wrote: Brazillians can do whatever they like with THEIR rainforest… if they want to set fire to some parts to clear to make way for farming, that’s their choice.

Who is anyone else to make a judgement?

Just leftist eco-pricks showing themselves to be the racist colonialists they really are.

Thickest cunt on here. Even moreso than Milspack

You really do like to keep developing countries under the boot right?

Bolsanaro was elected by his people - much like the Americans voted for Trump. They don’t care about the opinions of some prick from Essex signalling his virtue from 5000 miles away. Fuck off.

Your not thinking right mate. If there’s not a planet for them develop on what’s the fucking point? In an ideal world yeah we shouldn’t stick our noses in their business. Unfortunately as much as nationalists and isolationists want it to not be the case, the globe is politically, economically and environmentally linked. Without intervening we are all fucked and their new found development will last 15 minutes.

Really hope your saying the above to be edgy and controversial, as otherwise recommend you sticking to wanking over celebrities tits on daily mail articles.
Crackajack
Crackajack avatar

7058 posts since 21/4/05

27 Aug 2019 17:21
There is a point in there somewhere, many more developed countries made a fortune from their natural resources in a way that has caused huge amounts of pollution (or reduced co2 absorptions). Others exported their pollution. Is this fair to then ask others to take a haircut?


The Capitalist system doesn't take these 'negative externalities' into effect though, and doesn't care about them. Essentially we need to pay Brazil, Russia and Southern African countries to maintain and expand forest regions, along with a massive planting programme and reduction in uses of land that are a negative impact (like beef & soy production I guess).

Dee
Dee avatar

11142 posts since 22/11/07

27 Aug 2019 18:27
everyone should do their bit and buy bigger gardens

Dee
Dee avatar

11142 posts since 22/11/07

27 Aug 2019 18:31
or move to Sweden where that shit ^ is much cheaper but pay big dollar for shoddy normcore.
swede
swede avatar

7883 posts since 21/3/09

27 Aug 2019 20:13
yeah FUCK SWEDEN. full of LIBERAL CUCKS amirite dee?
fudge.dredd
fudge.dredd avatar

551 posts since 15/12/12

posted 28 Aug 2019 00:02, edited 28 Aug 2019 00:02
I’m in Cartegena right now so at least on the same continent as the one that you all suddenly know so much about.

A couple of things:

One, the Amazon rainforest is not ‘the lungs of the world’ as the fake news will have you believe. In fact the following comes from a Guardian article

‘Do we need to worry about oxygen?

No. Although some reports have claimed the Amazon produces 20% of the world’s oxygen, it is not clear where this figure originated. The true figure is likely to be no more than 6%, according to climate scientists such as Michael Mann and Jonathan Foley. Even if it were accurate, the crops being planted in the cleared forest areas would also produce oxygen – quite likely at higher levels. So although the burning of the rainforest is worrying for many reasons, there is no need to worry about an oxygen shortage..’

Link:
https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/aug/23/amazon-fires-what-is-happening-anything-we-can-do?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

So the real lungs of the earth are actually the oceans, where 80% of the oxygen comes from phytoplankton.

Secondly, we have more trees now in the world than we did 35 years ago. In fact, more by over 2 million square KM.

Link: https://psmag.com/.amp/environment/the-planet-now-has-more-trees-than-it-did-35-years-ago

None of this has anything to do with nationalism or Obama, and so on. It’s just the fact that ‘we’ in the west see fit to tell other undeveloped countries how they should manage their affairs.

We have benefitted from the the likes of the industrial revolution and think it’s ok to tell other countries what they can and can’t do. Bolsanaro campaigned on the promise that he would let companies clear parts of the rainforests for development and farming. And he was voted in.

Now stop believing the fake news that we’re all going to suffocate and die…. because you’ve all been had.

Suckers.



-DiscoTits-
-DiscoTits- avatar

689 posts since 26/11/07

28 Aug 2019 03:14
The fact you say fake news tells me all I need to know and confirms my earlier statement that your’re a fucking idiot.
EssexBoyII
EssexBoyII avatar

6389 posts since 5/6/07

28 Aug 2019 05:18
Oh right, I note you didn’t say anything about the carbon released in to the atmosphere by the burning of that much of the Amazon? Probably don’t need to worry right as ‘climate change’ is just a ScAm tO GeT OuR tAxES
cutandpaste
cutandpaste avatar

569 posts since 11/6/10

posted 28 Aug 2019 05:20, edited 28 Aug 2019 05:20
I actually think there are some fair points on fudges side.

I’d agree with Crackajack that if we now are deeming oxygen production and carbon extraction as a resource we should be paying the likes of Brazil to maintain it.

If Brazil believe they can generate more income for their country by converting some of the amazon into farming or whatever why should the richest economies in world stop them? Because we did our deforestation when no one cared?

I agree we need to stop/reduce/reverse deforestation, but given we live in a capitalist world we can’t just say to Brazil you can’t develop your land. We would need to come to a financial arrangement.
EssexBoyII
EssexBoyII avatar

6389 posts since 5/6/07

28 Aug 2019 05:32
Noone’s saying that there can’t be any financial assistance from the west. Regardless of the structure of the arrangement, it’s clear that releasing a carbon bomb at such a volatile time cannot happen. Also your point completely ignores the indigenous tribes people in Brazil