General Discussion: Politics thread


Show original post
fudge.dredd
fudge.dredd avatar

1698 posts since 15/12/12

14 Dec 2019 11:35
Labour always overspend and bankrupt the country - their socialist policies were seen through by the sensible majority and I genuinely think that as people get older (overall) they become more ‘conservative’ anyway so I can’t see socialists taking over this country any time soon.

Thank fuck.

Oh and the same will happen America too - Trump won’t be getting impeached and he’ll destroy the Dems at the next election.
R
R avatar

13296 posts since 17/5/03

14 Dec 2019 11:44
the other thing that astounds me are the aggressive, resentful reactions of those with supposedly strong liberal/socialist values.
fudge.dredd
fudge.dredd avatar

1698 posts since 15/12/12

14 Dec 2019 11:52
Bob Dylan said it best…

“ Now, I’m liberal, but to a degree
I want ev’rybody to be free
But if you think that I’ll let Barry Goldwater
Move in next door and marry my daughter
You must think I’m crazy!
I wouldn’t let him do it for all the farms in Cuba…”
fudge.dredd
fudge.dredd avatar

1698 posts since 15/12/12

posted 14 Dec 2019 12:08, edited 14 Dec 2019 12:08
I’ve had quite a few PMs from people who think exactly like me but won’t say it openly on this forum.

And of course the usual threats Roll Eyes
FLG
FLG avatar

5884 posts since 21/5/04

14 Dec 2019 14:51
fudge.dredd wrote: Labour always overspend and bankrupt the country - their socialist policies were seen through by the sensible majority and I genuinely think that as people get older (overall) they become more ‘conservative’ anyway so I can’t see socialists taking over this country any time soon.

Thank fuck.

Oh and the same will happen America too - Trump won’t be getting impeached and he’ll destroy the Dems at the next election.
Are you thinking of the global financial crisis that had little to do with (new) Labour? That era of Labour weren't a socialist party anyway Laughing out loud
fudge.dredd
fudge.dredd avatar

1698 posts since 15/12/12

14 Dec 2019 14:57
I didn’t blame that on labour. Look at the 40s, 60s and 70s.

This vote was the clearest message from the people -

WE. DONT. WANT. SOCIALISM.

Thanks but no thanks.
R
R avatar

13296 posts since 17/5/03

14 Dec 2019 15:05
FLG wrote:
fudge.dredd wrote: Labour always overspend and bankrupt the country - their socialist policies were seen through by the sensible majority and I genuinely think that as people get older (overall) they become more ‘conservative’ anyway so I can’t see socialists taking over this country any time soon.

Thank fuck.

Oh and the same will happen America too - Trump won’t be getting impeached and he’ll destroy the Dems at the next election.
Are you thinking of the global financial crisis that had little to do with (new) Labour? That era of Labour weren't a socialist party anyway Laughing out loud

I think everyone realises that there were macro factors involved, but obviously wasn't 100%. New Labour was centre left, possibly even right in some ways, but there were still principles and mismanagement for which they were responsible.
Trent
Trent avatar

2041 posts since 18/1/09

14 Dec 2019 15:15
Doogan wrote: Living in Scotland, I don't know many Tories (expect maybe the folk at work who send their kids to private schools). Baffles me that working class areas like Blyth would vote Tory. Is it all due to Brexit?

Majority of my family is from Blyth, most voting Conservative due to Brexit and Boris being committed to "getting it done", or Corbyn being a terrorist etc etc
sydneyking
sydneyking avatar

5054 posts since 26/9/09

14 Dec 2019 15:16
fudge.dredd wrote: I’ve had quite a few PMs from people who think exactly like me but won’t say it openly on this forum.

And of course the usual threats Roll Eyes

Laughing out loud course you have
fudge.dredd
fudge.dredd avatar

1698 posts since 15/12/12

posted 14 Dec 2019 15:17, edited 14 Dec 2019 15:17
And it doesn’t help that we now have an entire generation that don’t know how to lose.

Democracy only works when the losers accept and admit defeat.

Same as in the USA, the press and media outlets will be on Boris’ back throughout the next four years.

Just look at the response from Labour MP Faiza Shaheen who was trying to take Ian Duncan Smith’s seat (with the help of Hugh Grant):

“They can enjoy tonight. But you, me and the rest of the troublemakers have got to come for them tomorrow.We should have one. We really should have won”

How more entitled can you be?



fudge.dredd
fudge.dredd avatar

1698 posts since 15/12/12

14 Dec 2019 15:18
sydneyking wrote:
fudge.dredd wrote: I’ve had quite a few PMs from people who think exactly like me but won’t say it openly on this forum.

And of course the usual threats Roll Eyes

Laughing out loud course you have

You smug idiot. I don’t name names but believe whatever you like. Truth is most people read this thread and don’t comment because of people like you.
Trent
Trent avatar

2041 posts since 18/1/09

14 Dec 2019 15:38
I dont hear many of my friends complaining who swing to the left to be fair, I think it's what we all expected. For everyone complaining there's another one gloating.

I really hope this removes the constant discussion of leaving the EU.
fudge.dredd
fudge.dredd avatar

1698 posts since 15/12/12

14 Dec 2019 15:53
^ well there’s some protests taking place in London and they’ve got ‘not my prime minister’ tending online too
joeyjojo
joeyjojo avatar

4631 posts since 24/8/06

14 Dec 2019 16:19
Fudge you should ask your wife about Janteloven Laughing out loud
fudge.dredd
fudge.dredd avatar

1698 posts since 15/12/12

14 Dec 2019 16:22
Ha the Law of Jante - yes I’m familiar with it
joeyjojo
joeyjojo avatar

4631 posts since 24/8/06

14 Dec 2019 16:27
Stick to it more often then! Stop boasting and gloating etc.
fudge.dredd
fudge.dredd avatar

1698 posts since 15/12/12

14 Dec 2019 16:41
sydneyking wrote:
fudge.dredd wrote: I’ve had quite a few PMs from people who think exactly like me but won’t say it openly on this forum.

And of course the usual threats Roll Eyes

Laughing out loud course you have

For what it’s worth:

fudge.dredd
fudge.dredd avatar

1698 posts since 15/12/12

14 Dec 2019 16:43
joeyjojo wrote: Stick to it more often then! Stop boasting and gloating etc.

I purposely went overboard because of the wave of hate I get for not being a liberal on trend lefty. I think you guys deserved it to be honest but yes, we should all be more civilised… me included.
fudge.dredd
fudge.dredd avatar

1698 posts since 15/12/12

14 Dec 2019 16:57
Wow, McDonnell has just quit the Labour Party - that was quick,
morning mist
morning mist avatar

3521 posts since 29/5/05

14 Dec 2019 18:06
fudge.dredd wrote:
joeyjojo wrote:
I purposely went overboard because of the wave of hate I get for not being a liberal on trend lefty.

You get hated on because you regularly make incredibly hateful statements regarding millions of people and/or entire countries. In all my years on fuk nobody else come close to the amount of hate you spew on here, regardless of political view.