General Discussion: Politics thread


Show original post
Richgee
Richgee avatar

30 posts since 26/4/15

17 Jan 2020 12:40
my problem with trump is that he sells a vision of himself as a man of the people, the working class, american dream idol when actually he's a far right libertarian, privileged, lets make the gap between rich and poor bigger through tax cuts for the rich wanker

but in our polarised times its too easy to characterise each side of the debate as all good or all bad when of course it is much more nuanced than that
swiftus
swiftus avatar

928 posts since 1/7/09

posted 17 Jan 2020 12:46, edited 17 Jan 2020 12:46
nothingelseworked wrote: I recently developed an artificial intelligence bot that analyses all of Dumb & Dumber's posts and it can now formulate their response to anything with 99.99% accuracy. Here's their response to swiftus:
Dumb & Dumber wrote: That's what I love about him. He doesn't care about upsetting me like you lefty liberals who won't shit on my face. He breaks the mould. I want him to paint my face and body in his pure cuckservative faeces.

I actually thought that was his response Laughing out loud
joeyjojo
joeyjojo avatar

4125 posts since 24/8/06

17 Jan 2020 14:06
Laughing out loud
-DiscoTits-
-DiscoTits- avatar

779 posts since 26/11/07

17 Jan 2020 14:35
fudge.dredd wrote: ^ same here.

But so nice for people to just ‘know’ eh

And Disco that comment could be regarded as islamophobic…. be careful.

Am I being whooshed here? How is what I said in any way islamaphobic or anti semitic?
ismvil
ismvil avatar

825 posts since 16/9/11

17 Jan 2020 14:53
-DiscoTits- wrote:
fudge.dredd wrote: ^ same here.

But so nice for people to just ‘know’ eh

And Disco that comment could be regarded as islamophobic…. be careful.

Am I being whooshed here? How is what I said in any way islamaphobic or anti semitic?

Whooshathon
Dee
Dee avatar

11341 posts since 22/11/07

17 Jan 2020 16:32
Richgee wrote: there's a huge body of evidence that points towards the non existence of god


Shouldn't that be there's a huge lack of evidence that points towards the existence if gods?
fudge.dredd
fudge.dredd avatar

1037 posts since 15/12/12

posted 17 Jan 2020 17:43, edited 17 Jan 2020 17:43
-DiscoTits- wrote:
fudge.dredd wrote: ^ same here.

But so nice for people to just ‘know’ eh

And Disco that comment could be regarded as islamophobic…. be careful.

Am I being whooshed here? How is what I said in any way islamaphobic or anti semitic?

It’s quite simple; you deny the existence of god. Therefore you believe that the Islamic god doesn’t exist. You therefore don’t regard Mohammed as being a messenger of god and a prophet, correct? You think that’s all bullshit?

So can you say Islam is bullshit and mohammed wasn’t a prophet ?

My point being that saying this will soon been tantamount to islamophobia… if it isn’t already.
Sholto
Sholto avatar

560 posts since 25/12/12

17 Jan 2020 18:26
tRUmp has just hired Epstein's lawyers for his impeachment trial Laughing out loud

In case anyone doesn't know who Alan Dershowitz is:

“I had sexual intercourse with Dershowitz at least six times,’’ Roberts wrote in a 2015 court affidavit, per the Miami Herald. “The first time was when I was about 16, early on in my servitude to Epstein and it continued until I was 19.”

Dershowitz has vehemently denied that allegation and told Axios that he only got a massage at Epstein’s home.

“What happened was I, um, he lent us, this was well before any of this thing came out, he lent us his house once. And I was there, my grandchildren were there, my daughter was there, and we all got massages,” Dershowitz said.

“And, um, it was therapeutic. I had a therapeutic massage with an old Russian, but I never never … and that was part of when we had his house for about a week during I think it was Christmas vacation,” he said. “Believe me, if I had known that anything improper had ever taken place in that house, I never would have allowed my children, my grandchildren, my wife, my daughter-in-law, my son, to have spent time there. I can tell you categorically there were no inappropriate pictures, no inappropriate anythings. It was like any other house.”

MLI
MLI avatar

4693 posts since 6/10/09

17 Jan 2020 22:31
HA, I got to you fuckers, you know I'm right about Trump and you're on the losing side.
MLI
MLI avatar

4693 posts since 6/10/09

17 Jan 2020 22:32
ismvil wrote: What do you mean by God Richgee, a white guy with blue eyes and blond hair who died on the cross for our sins? Or is it Vishnu? If we're going to get existential let's start with some motherfucking definitions

The way I see it, how else can you explain what was here before the original big bang if the big bang theory is true? A God like entity is as likely as anything else. Fact is, we can't know, no one can.
MLI
MLI avatar

4693 posts since 6/10/09

17 Jan 2020 22:33
swiftus wrote:
MLI wrote: But underneath he gets to the heart of conservative values and cuts through ALL the bullshit that's been out there for SO long. He's not a perfect man but he cuts through it all. I see his toilet rant as a basic stance against dirty hippies telling us how much water we should use and saying "no, humanity has to get better, not go backwards". Long showers and full flush toilets for all godammit, Why should my parents be the only ones who got that? Trump says we should all have it and not feel guilty about it, it's a philosophy that can be applied to all things. Humans are superior beings and should make life better for all, not worse, not be self hating hippy scum and we should move forwards, not backwards. Trump brings that. He's a true leader. See Space Force and if Trumps legacy endures we'll be exploiting space and getting better and better as humans and taking more and more, as we should. Why do Communists and hippies in Western countries want to hold us back? Marxism. They want to crush all common sense and form a new state in their sick image. They want to go against human nature. Human nature is to better itself. Communism is anti human. Trump is pro human. Which side are you on?

Thing is Mil, Trump would probably dump a huge steaming pile of shit on your face if it meant more votes for him.

Obama would take you out with a drone if you tweeted you liked Islamic State.
ismvil
ismvil avatar

825 posts since 16/9/11

17 Jan 2020 22:34
Obama did start all the drone shit. Even killing US citizens and whatnot.
MLI
MLI avatar

4693 posts since 6/10/09

17 Jan 2020 22:35
Sholto wrote: Conservative, Christian values? Dude has had so many affairs, fucked pornstars - while his youngest son Barron was being born - and paid them off/demanded abortions

He has had so many allegations made against him. The guy is a gross fucking pedo with by someone who was 13 when he dominated her.

Just look at the list of sexual assault lawsuits made against him.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_lawsuits_involving_Donald_Trump


https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Trump_sexual_misconduct_allegations


https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-sexual-assault-allegations-all-list-misconduct-karen-johnson-how-many-a9149216.html

If you had Conservative, or "Christian" values you would be disgusted by this pedo pig

The Russian hooker dosier was proven bogus to frame Trump and funded by the Democrats. Why should we believe any of these other allegations?
MLI
MLI avatar

4693 posts since 6/10/09

17 Jan 2020 22:37
Richgee wrote: my problem with trump is that he sells a vision of himself as a man of the people, the working class, american dream idol when actually he's a far right libertarian, privileged, lets make the gap between rich and poor bigger through tax cuts for the rich wanker

but in our polarised times its too easy to characterise each side of the debate as all good or all bad when of course it is much more nuanced than that

Trump was famous for visiting the construction workers on his projects and they liked him, he IS a man of the people. Check out a Trump rally, average people love the guy. He's rich but he's obviously got the common touch, not speaking like a lawyer like all other politicians helps here.

He also refused to take his salary as president and cut taxes for average Americans straight away. He's bringing back manufacturing for average workers. How does this benefit him?
MLI
MLI avatar

4693 posts since 6/10/09

17 Jan 2020 22:40
I mean to say Trump doesn't love America more than himself is insane. He listens to the people more than any other president ever has. He ignores the elites that used to be the masters of every president before. He's truly a phenomenon and you are part of the insane reality denying leftist crybaby elite.
morning mist
morning mist avatar

3220 posts since 29/5/05

17 Jan 2020 22:43
can't argue with that ^
morning mist
morning mist avatar

3220 posts since 29/5/05

17 Jan 2020 23:42
It doesn't really matter that his salary is 400k and the cost for just his golfing is ~$120 million of tax payers money, or 3 times what Obama "spent" on golfing, if he is re-elected. And the only reason im mentioning Obama is that Trump constantly talked about Obama's golfing and how tax payers paid for his trips.

"I just want to stay in the White House and work my ass off.” -Trump

Then he spends 1 of 5 days on a golf court while being president.

Trump also charges The Secret Service and the U.S government rent and other charges for his trips to his own properties, revenue he can keep (tax payers money). In his first months as President he charged over 300k on trips and has since then made over one hundred additional trips, that cost is not included in the 300k.

Trump is truly a man of the people.

deuce
deuce avatar

13759 posts since 21/1/08

17 Jan 2020 23:45
Rez wrote: why are trump supporters and the far right so obsessed with cuckolding?
Genuine question, but where exactly does the ‘right’ become the ‘far right’?
Does the ‘right’ or even ‘central’ exist anymore?

Let’s label everyone into a box Smiling
deuce
deuce avatar

13759 posts since 21/1/08

posted 17 Jan 2020 23:52, edited 17 Jan 2020 23:52
For example:

I’m pro drugs
Anti free movement.
Pro migration of skilled workers.
Pro choice on abortion whilst acknowledging its murder.
Pro gay marriage / rights etc
I believe there are 2 genders
Everyone’s ‘equal’
+ some other shit, but basically do whatever you want as long as it doesn’t effect other people

Am I nazi or soy boy?
fudge.dredd
fudge.dredd avatar

1037 posts since 15/12/12

18 Jan 2020 00:02
Love how the politics thread has morphed into a religion thread.

This is how identity politics works - boils everyone down to their visible characteristics.

I’ve said it time and time again - the ultimate minority is the individual. Just because I’m brown or black or gay doesn’t mean I must think a certain way about every other thing.

What’s so hard to understand about this?

Apparently Meghan Markle left the U.K. because we’re all a bunch of racists. And this same week a dossier comes out showing the scale of the child grooming scandal and the fact that the authorities refused to act because it was majority Pakistani Muslim men who were guilty of sexually assaulting young white women - and they didn’t want to upset the local ‘communities’ and be seen as ‘racist’.

What is this country coming to?