General Discussion: Politics thread


Show original post
fudge.dredd
fudge.dredd avatar

1304 posts since 15/12/12

posted 25 Feb 2020 20:52, edited 25 Feb 2020 20:52
This has been bugging me for a while….. but I notice all the hate on social media and in the press for Priti Patel….. by the very same people who tell us not to judge women in politics and to leave off with the bullying, as well as reference Jo Cox in every diatribe…

Strange how the rules don’t apply to a successful, British Asian woman….. because of her political leanings….?
nothingelseworked
nothingelseworked avatar

3548 posts since 21/2/10

posted 25 Feb 2020 21:07, edited 25 Feb 2020 21:07
Who is saying we shouldn't judge women in politics…? As long as it's on their political stance and not just ad hominem, then I'm not sure what the issue is.

Weird how you weren't on here to defend women in politics when Dianne Abbott was getting called a ni**er on Twitter. But you're on here because people disagree with Priti Patel's political beliefs.
ismvil
ismvil avatar

1219 posts since 16/9/11

25 Feb 2020 21:09
My main beef with her is that she’s too shit of a liar to be any good at politics

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/staggers/2017/11/here-why-priti-patel-s-undisclosed-trip-israel-so-bad
fudge.dredd
fudge.dredd avatar

1304 posts since 15/12/12

25 Feb 2020 21:13
nothingelseworked wrote: Who is saying we shouldn't judge women in politics…? As long as it's on their political stance and not just ad hominem, then I'm not sure what the issue is.

Weird how you weren't on here to defend women in politics when Dianne Abbott was getting called a ni**er on Twitter. But you're on here because people disagree with Priti Patel's political beliefs.

Exactly my point…. Just to be clear, I’m not defending anyone and of course it’s correct to be able to judge their politics…..

All I’m saying is the people who call her ‘vile’ and ‘disgusting’ and virtually an Uncle Tom…. are the same people (like you probably) who get all in a tizz over your precious Diane Abbot.

Just check the media coverage on her - suddenly all bets are off and now the fact she’s a women, and of colour, etc etc are no longer the protected characteristics that the left usually employ to defend those they agree with.

MLI
MLI avatar

5173 posts since 6/10/09

26 Feb 2020 07:39
SOP for the left in Australia too. Hang all the shit you want on migrant women who don't fit the mould of obedient useful leftist.

swiftus
swiftus avatar

1112 posts since 1/7/09

posted 26 Feb 2020 08:34, edited 26 Feb 2020 08:34
fudge.dredd wrote: …by the very same people who tell us not to judge women in politics…

Who is saying this exactly? I can't imagine anyone in the credible media saying an entire gender cannot be judged, especially if it's on their political beliefs. Do you have examples?

I despise her for her views, as much as I do the majority of the Tory leadership.

The fact that she's the same race as me makes her even more of an embarrassment to me.
joeyjojo
joeyjojo avatar

4277 posts since 24/8/06

26 Feb 2020 11:47
nothingelseworked wrote: Who is saying we shouldn't judge women in politics…? As long as it's on their political stance and not just ad hominem, then I'm not sure what the issue is.

Weird how you weren't on here to defend women in politics when Dianne Abbott was getting called a ni**er on Twitter. But you're on here because people disagree with Priti Patel's political beliefs.

Yep
themistake
themistake avatar

10688 posts since 20/2/06

26 Feb 2020 15:33
Cheese and ham sandwich is £4.25 in M&S because the Unskilled migrant sandwich making workers have left.

Not the Brexit Pam and Clive voted for.
ismvil
ismvil avatar

1219 posts since 16/9/11

26 Feb 2020 20:08
themistake wrote: Cheese and ham sandwich is £4.25 in M&S because the Unskilled migrant sandwich making workers have left.

Not the Brexit Pam and Clive voted for.

Not the Brexit they wanted but the Brexit they deserve.
MLI
MLI avatar

5173 posts since 6/10/09

27 Feb 2020 07:17
themistake wrote: Cheese and ham sandwich is £4.25 in M&S because the Unskilled migrant sandwich making workers have left.

Not the Brexit Pam and Clive voted for.

How much was it before?
ismvil
ismvil avatar

1219 posts since 16/9/11

1 Mar 2020 00:11
A Priti bad liar

deuce
deuce avatar

13836 posts since 21/1/08

9 Mar 2020 23:45


Mad
fudge.dredd
fudge.dredd avatar

1304 posts since 15/12/12

10 Mar 2020 01:37
The guys clearly unwell… the Dems will probably attach Hillary onto him as VP and if he was to win, have him step down due to onsetting dementia and bingo, the witch is finally commander in chief.

But it won’t happen.
joeyjojo
joeyjojo avatar

4277 posts since 24/8/06

23 Mar 2020 18:44
MLI wrote:
swiftus wrote:
MLI wrote:
Sholto wrote:
MLI wrote: Anti gay marriage
but basically do whatever you want as long as it doesn’t effect other people

ie, YES gay Marraige DID effect other people, it pissed on their values and traditions

Such a fucking whiny snowflake.

Oh, but my values and traditions are being changed!

Get the fuck outta here.

Yeah, no harm right, everyone should just change, no big deal right?

Tell that to Margaret Court, greatest Australian tennis player in history. She never hated anyone or oppressed gays in any way but she has traditional views and doesn't believe in gay marriage. See what happened to her because she didn't change to the /

This is fucking bollocks! Lleyton would have smashed her
-DiscoTits-
-DiscoTits- avatar

844 posts since 26/11/07

16 Apr 2020 04:58
Anyone else keeping up with this Labour leaked document. Not saying corbyn would of won the 2017 election but it’s pretty damning stuff that the right wingers in Labour had been actively undermining the party and the like. Also some pretty unsavoury characters in the leaked whatsapp messages. Apparently Starmer got the document a week ago and decided to bury it. Bad move in my opinion as now he’s made the situation worse. Labour Party are an absolute shambles. I dislike the Tories but at least they have a coherent party machine and roughly all fall into line behind their leader. Labour with Starmer are going nowhere fast and can’t see him winning the next election at all.
Rez
Rez avatar

8253 posts since 5/4/09

16 Apr 2020 09:12
Completely Disco.

Think the thing that's really winding me up is the lack of coverage and dismissal of it from the press.

ismvil
ismvil avatar

1219 posts since 16/9/11

16 Apr 2020 09:35
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52293061

Alanis Morissette comes to mind
smith
smith avatar

10922 posts since 5/5/04

16 Apr 2020 10:11
-DiscoTits- wrote: Anyone else keeping up with this Labour leaked document. Not saying corbyn would of won the 2017 election but it’s pretty damning stuff that the right wingers in Labour had been actively undermining the party and the like. Also some pretty unsavoury characters in the leaked whatsapp messages. Apparently Starmer got the document a week ago and decided to bury it. Bad move in my opinion as now he’s made the situation worse. Labour Party are an absolute shambles. I dislike the Tories but at least they have a coherent party machine and roughly all fall into line behind their leader. Labour with Starmer are going nowhere fast and can’t see him winning the next election at all.

Reading it now. Makes the 'The Thick of It' look like a fly on the wall documentary that has been watered-down for us by its editing team. Eek Laughing out loud
inversesquare
inversesquare avatar

6679 posts since 7/6/08

16 Apr 2020 23:43
Link to this Smith? Buried under corona somewhere
smith
smith avatar

10922 posts since 5/5/04

17 Apr 2020 00:29
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oHbcVklVmlEdW2vaZSihW0Pw7v6gqbAT/view