General Discussion: Politics thread


Show original post
Best
Best avatar

9867 posts since 21/10/05

10 Oct 2009 13:01
mr.white wrote: the guy is hilarious. he just sorted out a real top job for his 23yr old son. only in france would he get away with this

Homer
Homer avatar

23926 posts since 8/5/03

10 Oct 2009 13:19
Laughing out loud
MoB
MoB avatar

36883 posts since 31/8/04

10 Oct 2009 13:21
at first i was Puzzled
then i was Laughing out loud
mr.white
mr.white avatar

17101 posts since 10/7/04

10 Oct 2009 14:03
lol :p
inversesquare
inversesquare avatar

6682 posts since 7/6/08

10 Oct 2009 14:09
Laughing out loud
Charles Winthorpe III
Charles Winthorpe III avatar

5474 posts since 29/7/05

12 Oct 2009 14:55
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8301878.stm

this makes my blood boil

essentially fraud on a government level which for some reason is not fraud on any other level. and not required to pay it back.
i seriously despise many politicians. gone are the days when people would go into politics in order to make a difference. now its to get ahead and make money and cheat the system.
Essence
Essence avatar

3111 posts since 10/1/05

12 Oct 2009 15:05
Elective Dictatorship, Government rules all! Although I dont see the expenses scandal as a bid deal, certainly alot more pressing issues to deal with first.
Noble Locks
Noble Locks avatar

66963 posts since 10/7/03

12 Oct 2009 15:17
sorry mate, but not seeing it as a big deal is what this country has been built on since the dark ages and why its the shitty way it is and always will be.
rich people doing what they like, and the poor HAVING to just accept and put up with it.
imagine this being done by any working class person, prison would be a one million per cent certainty.
its fraud, theft and dishonesty by rich people who have the power on deciding how we the poor live.
reading it back your right, its no big deal, they are rich, we are poor, so its no biggie…allow it.
fontelroy
fontelroy avatar

3200 posts since 14/6/08

12 Oct 2009 15:21
the thing is though is that techincally they werent breaking any law, they were exposing loopholes and fair enough being dishonest with it, but yet still exposing loopholes

dont tell me that if someone from a council estate in god knows where could find a loophole to not pay tax on his income he would, it would be massively dishonest but he still would, and there would be nothing the police could do about it

i dont think its a big deal what they have done but the law should change to put a stop to it

http://atonesdiscretion.blogspot.com/
Noble Locks
Noble Locks avatar

66963 posts since 10/7/03

12 Oct 2009 15:23
do you like oranges???
andymakesglasses
andymakesglasses avatar

20407 posts since 26/1/06

12 Oct 2009 15:24
fontelroy wrote: the thing is though is that techincally they werent breaking any law, they were exposing loopholes and fair enough being dishonest with it, but yet still exposing loopholes

exploiting
fontelroy
fontelroy avatar

3200 posts since 14/6/08

12 Oct 2009 15:27
my bad

http://atonesdiscretion.blogspot.com/
Crackajack
Crackajack avatar

7590 posts since 21/4/05

12 Oct 2009 15:29
Yeah but these people are the ones making the laws/loopholes which they then exploit for their own gain, thats why its such a big deal. It isnt a criminal matter, but I think if it was 2 or 3 MPs they would get sacked but as they were all at it that couldnt happen… maybe it should have though?
Charles Winthorpe III
Charles Winthorpe III avatar

5474 posts since 29/7/05

12 Oct 2009 15:32
thats the whole point though isnt it.. technically they're not breaking a law.
but this is the area i have issues with.
i could go to thailand and fuck a schoolgirl…technically i'm not breaking a law as such, but morally i'm commiting a crime and if you have any respect as a person with morals then you wouldnt do it.
its about morals, and the elected government having a notion of whats right and wrong which you expect them to have.
claiming 12k for bathroom improvements for a 2nd home is taking advantage of the system … in fact its abuse of the system. and for me, the biggest issues are the ones close to home thus this being a fucking huge issue as it questions the morals of the elected.
smith
smith avatar

10945 posts since 5/5/04

12 Oct 2009 15:35
3rd of June 2010 can't come soon enough!
Guido
Guido avatar

12884 posts since 20/4/05

12 Oct 2009 15:36
MoB wrote: Laughing out loud

I love Berlusconi


rural
rural avatar

17705 posts since 26/9/06

12 Oct 2009 15:46
Even by Berlusconi's standards, that can't be real?
fontelroy
fontelroy avatar

3200 posts since 14/6/08

12 Oct 2009 15:48
billy ray valentine wrote: thats the whole point though isnt it.. technically they're not breaking a law.
but this is the area i have issues with.
i could go to thailand and fuck a schoolgirl…technically i'm not breaking a law as such, but morally i'm commiting a crime and if you have any respect as a person with morals then you wouldnt do it.
its about morals, and the elected government having a notion of whats right and wrong which you expect them to have.
claiming 12k for bathroom improvements for a 2nd home is taking advantage of the system … in fact its abuse of the system. and for me, the biggest issues are the ones close to home thus this being a fucking huge issue as it questions the morals of the elected.

I see how you see that but at the end of the day they are taking what they deserve. It is, and has been for the past couple of decades, that an M.P.s salary is not what it says on their pay slip, expenses are part of that and it is, imo, taking what they deserve

60,000 is not a massive wage for someone who has come out of Oxford with a double first, and to keep hold of the best people to run the country we need to pay them more, ok up until now its been by the shadier way of expenses (which btw everybody fiddles, regradless of industry), i think the law should be changed and a higher wage be given to them as its what they deserve and what they need to stop them from running into the city and becoming the ceo of a top bank

http://atonesdiscretion.blogspot.com/
Guido
Guido avatar

12884 posts since 20/4/05

12 Oct 2009 15:53
fontelroy wrote:
billy ray valentine wrote: thats the whole point though isnt it.. technically they're not breaking a law.
but this is the area i have issues with.
i could go to thailand and fuck a schoolgirl…technically i'm not breaking a law as such, but morally i'm commiting a crime and if you have any respect as a person with morals then you wouldnt do it.
its about morals, and the elected government having a notion of whats right and wrong which you expect them to have.
claiming 12k for bathroom improvements for a 2nd home is taking advantage of the system … in fact its abuse of the system. and for me, the biggest issues are the ones close to home thus this being a fucking huge issue as it questions the morals of the elected.

I see how you see that but at the end of the day they are taking what they deserve. It is, and has been for the past couple of decades, that an M.P.s salary is not what it says on their pay slip, expenses are part of that and it is, imo, taking what they deserve

60,000 is not a massive wage for someone who has come out of Oxford with a double first, and to keep hold of the best people to run the country we need to pay them more, ok up until now its been by the shadier way of expenses (which btw everybody fiddles, regradless of industry), i think the law should be changed and a higher wage be given to them as its what they deserve and what they need to stop them from running into the city and becoming the ceo of a top bank

http://atonesdiscretion.blogspot.com/

Because the cunts simply couldn't do it…. if they could they would.
smith
smith avatar

10945 posts since 5/5/04

12 Oct 2009 15:53
What does their salary have to do with fiddling taxes???