General Discussion: The Premiership discussion thread


Show original post
Burt
Burt avatar

6015 posts since 3/1/10

28 Mar 2019 11:27
Ta. Probably rumour and speculation but I've been told that a certain league 2 club with a women's team receive £50k of FA cash for having the team on their books.

Just interested to ascertain whether or not it's true.
MoB
MoB avatar

36889 posts since 31/8/04

28 Mar 2019 11:43
i honestly don't think it would be of interest to the FA to do it, what would they gain from having a league two side have a womens team? It's no like the WFPL would want another small team trying to get access to the league either. What team is it?
Burt
Burt avatar

6015 posts since 3/1/10

28 Mar 2019 13:50
The promotion of women's football is constantly high on the FA's agenda and there's bound to be some sort of budget allocated to the game; an injection of cash to enable the set-up of a women's team would tick a lot of boxes from their perspective I guess.
MoB
MoB avatar

36889 posts since 31/8/04

28 Mar 2019 14:39
Burt wrote: The promotion of women's football is constantly high on the FA's agenda and there's bound to be some sort of budget allocated to the game; an injection of cash to enable the set-up of a women's team would tick a lot of boxes from their perspective I guess.

related? https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47640276
Burt
Burt avatar

6015 posts since 3/1/10

28 Mar 2019 14:46
Nope, pure coincidence but…
BBC Sport wrote: The Football Association is understood to have provided a scheduled payment to Yeovil earlier than planned, helping the club complete the current campaign.
'…scheduled payment…'?
MoB
MoB avatar

36889 posts since 31/8/04

28 Mar 2019 15:05
Burt wrote: Nope, pure coincidence but…
BBC Sport wrote: The Football Association is understood to have provided a scheduled payment to Yeovil earlier than planned, helping the club complete the current campaign.
'…scheduled payment…'?

Yeah but i think that's just a normal subsidiary payment direct to the 'womens' club though rather than through the means club as an incentive to have a womens team.
carl lewis
carl lewis avatar

23946 posts since 14/10/04

23 Apr 2019 20:31
Thought Spuds would bottle it tonight.

Stoney any problem with stream for the spuds match?
menace
menace avatar

1106 posts since 3/5/12

24 Apr 2019 04:12
carl lewis wrote: Thought Spuds would bottle it tonight.

Stoney any problem with stream for the spuds match?
no more bottle in their system at last. Every other club vying for top 4 however…
TROYBOY
TROYBOY avatar

678 posts since 28/2/12

24 Apr 2019 10:21
We (spurs) bottle it as much as most but its fashionable to call spurs bottlers.
last night we hit the bar a few times and shot that rolled against the goal line, if we had drawn it would be down to 'bottling' it when really its a team ravaged by injuries and just not getting a goal….
Rdes1974
Rdes1974 avatar

232 posts since 29/1/14

24 Apr 2019 10:30
TROYBOY wrote: We (spurs) bottle it as much as most but its fashionable to call spurs bottlers.
last night we hit the bar a few times and shot that rolled against the goal line, if we had drawn it would be down to 'bottling' it when really its a team ravaged by injuries and just not getting a goal….

yup was there so havnt seen some of the chances on TV…think Alli should have had penalty.
TROYBOY
TROYBOY avatar

678 posts since 28/2/12

24 Apr 2019 10:52
got taken out big time. was a weird match to watch. just camped in the brighton half playing slow passes left to right etc…
carl lewis
carl lewis avatar

23946 posts since 14/10/04

24 Apr 2019 15:11
TROYBOY wrote: We (spurs) bottle it as much as most but its fashionable to call spurs bottlers.
last night we hit the bar a few times and shot that rolled against the goal line, if we had drawn it would be down to 'bottling' it when really its a team ravaged by injuries and just not getting a goal….

No Levy would of been blamed for not spending.

I thought Spuds sold Jassen
stoney
stoney avatar

17564 posts since 22/1/05

24 Apr 2019 19:09
Streams gone down Carl
Razorlight123
Razorlight123 avatar

4653 posts since 13/1/10

24 Apr 2019 19:21
I think it's across all IPTV man, my supplier is down as well.
stoney
stoney avatar

17564 posts since 22/1/05

24 Apr 2019 19:37
Managed to find it on a foreign Chanel
stoney
stoney avatar

17564 posts since 22/1/05

24 Apr 2019 19:45
What’s with peps cardi, looks v primary
DuffMan
DuffMan avatar

14381 posts since 21/2/07

24 Apr 2019 19:53
menace wrote:
carl lewis wrote: Thought Spuds would bottle it tonight.

Stoney any problem with stream for the spuds match?
no more bottle in their system at last. Every other club vying for top 4 however…

Arsenal making a good go of it
Razorlight123
Razorlight123 avatar

4653 posts since 13/1/10

posted 24 Apr 2019 20:00, edited 24 Apr 2019 20:00

stoney wrote: Managed to find it on a foreign Chanel

Put it on Bein 11 if you want English commentary…
carl lewis
carl lewis avatar

23946 posts since 14/10/04

24 Apr 2019 20:39
stoney wrote: Managed to find it on a foreign Chanel

Always a stream available.

Always do a hard reset and log in and out
smith
smith avatar

10958 posts since 5/5/04

25 Apr 2019 00:30