General Discussion: The Premiership discussion thread


Show original post
smith
smith avatar

11186 posts since 5/5/04

posted 12 Apr 2021 16:10, edited 12 Apr 2021 16:10
Not gonna lie. If it wasn't for Prem footy on the box regularly lockdown just gone would have been a hell of a lot harder. Two games on the box today. Monday sorted. Cool

Oh and this has to be the most bizarre thing I've heard since Ostrich and Pearson. Laughing out loud

Top 3 with Cantona and seagulls too Smiling

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBeDwFUA3sc
swiftus
swiftus avatar

1406 posts since 1/7/09

12 Apr 2021 21:52
If West Ham get Champions League next season, I'll cry. No one wants to see David Moyes playing against Bayern Munich on a Tuesday night.

Hope they lose all their remaining games.

Liverpool and Chelsea to get 3rd and 4th. In any order.

Hater? Yes.
joeyjojo
joeyjojo avatar

4518 posts since 24/8/06

13 Apr 2021 08:10
Werd! Reckon they will do it
smith
smith avatar

11186 posts since 5/5/04

posted 13 Apr 2021 08:12, edited 13 Apr 2021 08:12
swiftus wrote: If West Ham get Champions League next season, I'll cry. No one wants to see David Moyes playing against Bayern Munich on a Tuesday night.

Hope they lose all their remaining games.

Liverpool and Chelsea to get 3rd and 4th. In any order.

Hater? Yes.

This post epitomises everything that is wrong with modern football. Much rather see Leicester and West Ham have a go than the standard glory hunter teams.
swiftus
swiftus avatar

1406 posts since 1/7/09

posted 13 Apr 2021 12:58, edited 13 Apr 2021 12:58
smith wrote:
swiftus wrote: If West Ham get Champions League next season, I'll cry. No one wants to see David Moyes playing against Bayern Munich on a Tuesday night.

Hope they lose all their remaining games.

Liverpool and Chelsea to get 3rd and 4th. In any order.

Hater? Yes.

This post epitomises everything that is wrong with modern football. Much rather see Leicester and West Ham have a go than the standard glory hunter teams.

I don't think you realise, as someone living in East London, how much I hate West Ham. I was happy as the next person when Leicester won the league. But West Ham can go fuck themselves.
zoom
zoom avatar

6602 posts since 22/7/05

posted 13 Apr 2021 13:32, edited 13 Apr 2021 13:32

smith wrote:
swiftus wrote: If West Ham get Champions League next season, I'll cry. No one wants to see David Moyes playing against Bayern Munich on a Tuesday night.

Hope they lose all their remaining games.

Liverpool and Chelsea to get 3rd and 4th. In any order.

Hater? Yes.

This post epitomises everything that is wrong with modern football. Much rather see Leicester and West Ham have a go than the standard glory hunter teams.

So your saying you would like to see Brighton in the champions league? Jawdropping!

Nothing wrong with not wanting your rival club to fail miserably IMO
smith
smith avatar

11186 posts since 5/5/04

13 Apr 2021 17:54
To be top 4 you have to have earnt it as the competition these days is bigger than ever. If Brighton ever make Europe and before Palace I will of course be jealous but I'd enjoy watching them have a go a hell of a lot more than the usual top 6 teams in the mix.

Seventyfour
Seventyfour avatar

9310 posts since 6/10/05

13 Apr 2021 18:05
waterfall
waterfall avatar

1259 posts since 14/1/07

13 Apr 2021 19:25
smith wrote: Not gonna lie. If it wasn't for Prem footy on the box regularly lockdown just gone would have been a hell of a lot harder. Two games on the box today. Monday sorted. Cool

Oh and this has to be the most bizarre thing I've heard since Ostrich and Pearson. Laughing out loud

Top 3 with Cantona and seagulls too Smiling

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBeDwFUA3sc

crackers that Laughing out loud
Davinho
Davinho avatar

2353 posts since 2/12/08

13 Apr 2021 19:47
This PSG Bayern game is brilliant so far, like basketball.
smith
smith avatar

11186 posts since 5/5/04

13 Apr 2021 20:06
Some of the skills by PSG in the final third have been sublime. Neymar should have had about 4 already.
waterfall
waterfall avatar

1259 posts since 14/1/07

13 Apr 2021 20:14
decided to watch Chelsea instead

gash
Anto
Anto avatar

3984 posts since 19/1/12

13 Apr 2021 23:13
Both PSG Bayern matches by far the best i've watched this whole season. Great football Ubercool
swiftus
swiftus avatar

1406 posts since 1/7/09

14 Apr 2021 08:21
smith wrote: To be top 4 you have to have earnt it as the competition these days is bigger than ever. If Brighton ever make Europe and before Palace I will of course be jealous but I'd enjoy watching them have a go a hell of a lot more than the usual top 6 teams in the mix.

Don't understand what you're trying to say here. It's like you're making two contradicting points:

1) To be in the top 4, you have to have earned it
2) You want one of the 'underdog' teams to get top 4

So what happens if Chelsea/Liverpool/Spurs get the 3 and 4 spot? They didn't earn the spots?
smith
smith avatar

11186 posts since 5/5/04

14 Apr 2021 09:30
All I'm trying to say is I'd enjoy two underdog teams to join 2 of the top dogs. There are four places afterall.

Bolton beating atletico Madrid over two legs and Middlesbrough's run to the UEFA Cup is just as exciting as watching the usual suspects year on year in the Champions League.

swiftus wrote: So what happens if Chelsea/Liverpool/Spurs get the 3 and 4 spot? They didn't earn the spots?

They are teams in the big six. Much bigger spending power so not earnt a
it as much as a mid table team which much less spending power IMO.

Really hope Leicester and West Ham piss lots of people off Sticking out tongue
swiftus
swiftus avatar

1406 posts since 1/7/09

14 Apr 2021 09:44
smith wrote: All I'm trying to say is I'd enjoy two underdog teams to join 2 of the top dogs. There are four places afterall.

Bolton beating atletico Madrid over two legs and Middlesbrough's run to the UEFA Cup is just as exciting as watching the usual suspects year on year in the Champions League.

swiftus wrote: So what happens if Chelsea/Liverpool/Spurs get the 3 and 4 spot? They didn't earn the spots?

They are teams in the big six. Much bigger spending power so not earnt a
it as much as a mid table team which much less spending power IMO.

Really hope Leicester and West Ham piss lots of people off Sticking out tongue

Really don't mind Leicester getting in (they play decent football), but fuck West Ham.
billybrown
billybrown avatar

3189 posts since 30/9/07

14 Apr 2021 11:54
Chelsea and Lpool will take 3rd and 4th.
TROYBOY
TROYBOY avatar

847 posts since 28/2/12

14 Apr 2021 17:12
smith wrote: All I'm trying to say is I'd enjoy two underdog teams to join 2 of the top dogs. There are four places afterall.

Bolton beating atletico Madrid over two legs and Middlesbrough's run to the UEFA Cup is just as exciting as watching the usual suspects year on year in the Champions League.

swiftus wrote: So what happens if Chelsea/Liverpool/Spurs get the 3 and 4 spot? They didn't earn the spots?

They are teams in the big six. Much bigger spending power so not earnt a
it as much as a mid table team which much less spending power IMO.

Really hope Leicester and West Ham piss lots of people off Sticking out tongue

spurs and spending power should never be used in same paragraph. Ive witnessed no signings in 18months when poch was at his peak!!!
smith
smith avatar

11186 posts since 5/5/04

14 Apr 2021 17:27
Is it any surprise?

How much do Spurs owe on their stadium?
The Athletic recently, providing an update on the Deloitte study, suggest that Spurs now owe £733 million.

lowfields
lowfields avatar

107 posts since 21/11/10

14 Apr 2021 18:51
Laughing out loud Laughing out loud