Random Questions: Pro Evolution Soccer 2010 or FIFA 10


Show original post
Crackajack
Crackajack avatar

7057 posts since 21/4/05

27 Sep 2009 00:21
"when they get it there is really slow reaction before you can do something"
I always found FIFA played like this and found pro evo much more responsive, less set animation that needs to run when you receive a pass for example. But saying that I haven't played the latest versions.
Soultimate
Soultimate avatar

3356 posts since 8/9/08

27 Sep 2009 00:36
crackajack wrote:
"when they get it there is really slow reaction before you can do something"
I always found FIFA played like this and found pro evo much more responsive, less set animation that needs to run when you receive a pass for example. But saying that I haven't played the latest versions.

same here, I'm downloading the pro demo now, thought fifa was shit.
6thEdition
6thEdition avatar

5882 posts since 7/3/08

2 Oct 2009 13:21
Is it just me or is the fifa game lots shitter than the demo?

Things i'm noticing in the game.

1. torres is a lot slower than colchesters defenders
2. pepe reina can't keep hold of the ball
3. lobs happen far too easily, there are alwats at least a few a game online
4. the team i'm playing always has super fast attackers ompared to my defenders.
5. whats all this stuff about players being intelligent, i can get the ball up to gerrard and torres easily enough but get frustrated as i have to watch my wingers stood just before the halfway line and give me no options.

i don't like it as much as the demo.
suki2shoes
suki2shoes avatar

892 posts since 6/10/04

2 Oct 2009 13:26
6thEdition wrote: just played PES demo.. the game is shit

so so slow compred to fifa, can't play fast flowing football on it, the players are like magnets playing with a metallic ball, it seems to stick to them, when they get it there is really slow reaction before you can do something, sluggish, keepers are shit.. fifa all the way again.

This is a bang on summary, dont want to move away from PES but going to have to, its so slow and rigid, the fun has been taken out of it.
Charles Winthorpe III
Charles Winthorpe III avatar

5474 posts since 29/7/05

2 Oct 2009 13:36
nah.. still prefer pro after trying both.
pro always feels slower first off, i always have that initial feeling of frustration which subsides once i get used to playing it.
suki2shoes
suki2shoes avatar

892 posts since 6/10/04

2 Oct 2009 13:45
but its like a game from the 90's, every pass is perfect to the man, he always controls it perfectly and hte most annoying this is the slow turning and movement, you pass it and have to wait 2 seconds before your next move. Its like playing subbuteo
mepal47
mepal47 avatar

1264 posts since 28/4/04

2 Oct 2009 13:56
just picked up Fifa its only £24.97 in tescos till sunday both 360 and ps3
Tronics
Tronics avatar

1598 posts since 21/9/06

2 Oct 2009 14:01
Pro Evo for me still. Played the new demo and I was impressed.

Just more fun to score etc

Fifa. 10 is good, just can't get over how the players run. Looks like they're running on ice. Plus all the fancy tricks and flicks just seem like an easy way to get the kids on board (ala fifa street)

Supposedly winning eleven 10 is much better the Pro 10. Odd that considering how badly Pro has done compared to Fifa in recent years.

http://www.AGOSTINHO.co.uk
Sleuth
Sleuth avatar

5374 posts since 12/9/04

2 Oct 2009 14:02
mepal47 wrote: just picked up Fifa its only £24.97 in tescos till sunday both 360 and ps3

sweet will prob go pick it up then and sell my old copy to part fund it.

Can't believe people are still bumming pro Sad
ChrisAlright
ChrisAlright avatar

1429 posts since 29/6/08

2 Oct 2009 14:33
It really hurts me that my xbox is off being repaired. Want to play Fifa10 so badly.
Charles Winthorpe III
Charles Winthorpe III avatar

5474 posts since 29/7/05

2 Oct 2009 15:24
suki2shoes wrote: but its like a game from the 90's, every pass is perfect to the man, he always controls it perfectly and hte most annoying this is the slow turning and movement, you pass it and have to wait 2 seconds before your next move. Its like playing subbuteo

give it time..
i always compare the games in two player mode where you get a better grasp for the game.
yes the passes are tight and and one think i've always wanted is more variation on the long ball - power bar in all situations on long ball and penalties.. and perhaps more margin for error on passing which fifa has.

tronics: thats my biggest gripe of fifa ever since the old megadrive days, in that it essentially felt like i was playing the ea hockey engine but on fifa.
india
india avatar

5661 posts since 31/10/05

3 Oct 2009 09:14
i prefer pro evo, always been better.

is fifa cheap anywhere else though? would buy it at that price (24) to pass the 2 weeks til pro evo comes out. (im on playstation 3)

one tesco near me has sold out at the moment.
CovOne
CovOne avatar

8652 posts since 17/8/04

3 Oct 2009 09:38
Morrisons and Asda have it for something like £25.77
india
india avatar

5661 posts since 31/10/05

3 Oct 2009 09:52
cheers, just rung, morrisons near me has sold out too.
unCouth
unCouth avatar

6883 posts since 3/11/07

3 Oct 2009 10:44
Tronics wrote: Pro Evo for me still. Played the new demo and I was impressed.

Just more fun to score etc

Fifa. 10 is good, just can't get over how the players run. Looks like they're running on ice. Plus all the fancy tricks and flicks just seem like an easy way to get the kids on board (ala fifa street)

Supposedly winning eleven 10 is much better the Pro 10. Odd that considering how badly Pro has done compared to Fifa in recent years.

http://www.AGOSTINHO.co.uk


Don't agree with this at all. Fifa10 is much more realistic now. You can't just sprint past players anymore, because you run out of juice. You have to work the ball forward. Really like the improvements but it's gonna take a while to get use too.
Sleuth
Sleuth avatar

5374 posts since 12/9/04

3 Oct 2009 11:20
Sold my fifa 09 for a tenner on ebay so it makes the new one even cheaper.
SXFuzz
SXFuzz avatar

1739 posts since 22/5/07

3 Oct 2009 11:35
Tronics wrote: just can't get over how the players run. Looks like they're running on ice.
Considering the players in PES seem to have had their running animations mo-capped by the Baywatch cast, can I just confirm that this quote refers to FIFA?
ejike10
ejike10 avatar

117 posts since 17/2/09

3 Oct 2009 11:44
played the new fifa earlier, the little touches that they have put in are so nice, makes so much more difference, not to mention all the the official leagues etc.. barnet vs. crewe alexandra, you couldn't do that on pro
Gary
Gary avatar

236 posts since 15/6/06

3 Oct 2009 20:00
Tried to get FIFA today but everywhere is sold out. Tescos staff all wearing FIFA tshirts but aint got any in stock first thing Saturday. Shitty publicity gimmick. Just ordered off amazon for £25
shedboy66
shedboy66 avatar

1011 posts since 21/9/06

3 Oct 2009 21:09
anybody mastered how to hit a hard, high, on target shot on fifa on the 360 anytime i hit a shot it either skies it or goes wide