General Discussion: Punk and Hardcore


Show original post
badblood
badblood avatar

141 posts since 26/6/11

24 Apr 2014 21:45

just the title makes me think back to simpler times - anyone good on it stuck on a train so can't watch
Lyall
Lyall avatar

1857 posts since 1/6/10

24 Apr 2014 22:33
Gnarwolves playing main stage at Reading. Pretty nuts.
Copper
Copper avatar

3034 posts since 29/11/11

24 Apr 2014 22:39
Not a fan of that band at all. But yeah it's an achievement. Really into no warning at the moment again. Ill blood is one of my favorite albums but really getting into their other/later stuff. Mental to think that Ben cook is the same soft voiced baking vocalist of fucked up. Huge voice in no warning!
badblood
badblood avatar

141 posts since 26/6/11

25 Apr 2014 06:21
Oh its new hardcore? Interest gone, title totally misleading
Copper
Copper avatar

3034 posts since 29/11/11

25 Apr 2014 06:40
Wouldn't have a thread for new hardcore, and another for old would you. Bit of a niche in here.
trailofdavid
trailofdavid avatar

6334 posts since 14/8/09

25 Apr 2014 06:42
Copper wrote: Not a fan of that band at all. But yeah it's an achievement. Really into no warning at the moment again. Ill blood is one of my favorite albums but really getting into their other/later stuff. Mental to think that Ben cook is the same soft voiced baking vocalist of fucked up. Huge voice in no warning!

One of the best hardcore lps on the 00s. There's some good footage of posi#s 03 on youtube.

Ben Cook was also in Goosebumps as a child
badblood
badblood avatar

141 posts since 26/6/11

25 Apr 2014 08:02
Copper wrote: Wouldn't have a thread for new hardcore, and another for old would you. Bit of a niche in here.

I meant soap the stamps.

agree on no warning saw them around the time ill blood released and that live show was just crazy
Ulster_Blue
Ulster_Blue avatar

5597 posts since 16/7/06

25 Apr 2014 08:16
Lyall wrote: Gnarwolves playing main stage at Reading. Pretty nuts.

Saw these guys in Belfast, don't believe the hype.
gawkrodger
gawkrodger avatar

7656 posts since 4/11/08

25 Apr 2014 08:42
Sips the stamps focuses on ripchord, heresy the stupids, ent pretty much
D4N
D4N avatar

3087 posts since 27/9/06

25 Apr 2014 09:12
Ulster_Blue wrote:
Lyall wrote: Gnarwolves playing main stage at Reading. Pretty nuts.

Saw these guys in Belfast, don't believe the hype.

Maybe a bit scratchy live but they're a fun band and cool guys.
Lyall
Lyall avatar

1857 posts since 1/6/10

25 Apr 2014 09:20
D4N wrote:
Ulster_Blue wrote:
Lyall wrote: Gnarwolves playing main stage at Reading. Pretty nuts.

Saw these guys in Belfast, don't believe the hype.

Maybe a bit scratchy live but they're a fun band and cool guys.

yeah I used to hang out with one of them, guess it's not 'hardcore' though.
stelfox
stelfox avatar

8488 posts since 11/3/09

20 Aug 2014 14:03
http://bandwidth.wamu.org/ian-mackaye-if-you-want-to-rebel-against-society-dont-dull-the-blade/
shralp-lad
shralp-lad avatar

895 posts since 21/4/11

20 Aug 2014 15:27
thanks stelfox
gawkrodger
gawkrodger avatar

7656 posts since 4/11/08

20 Aug 2014 17:08
Strong post.

Out of interest, anyone on here actually sxe?
shame
shame avatar

1733 posts since 17/7/12

23 Aug 2014 06:53
new deafheaven song Cool

https://soundcloud.com/adultswimsingles/from-the-kettle-to-the-coil/
candidate
candidate avatar

2463 posts since 12/11/06

23 Aug 2014 07:11
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsvRyzkfoAA

forgot how much i loved CW
gawkrodger
gawkrodger avatar

7656 posts since 4/11/08

23 Aug 2014 10:14
I'm selling off pretty much my entire CD collection (to help fund an MSc) - I don't have a CD player and have most of it on vinyl. There are hundreds of hardcore and punk CDs so will post photos on here
21BRobbie
21BRobbie avatar

7 posts since 1/7/14

4 Sep 2014 14:27
Not exactly hardcore, but did anyone get tickets for the Basement tour?
beedub
beedub avatar

6810 posts since 7/3/07

23 Nov 2014 14:10
I'm pretty out of touch with most current hardcore but just got the Hoax LP, took a couple of listens but I'm liking it. What else is there about at the moment that's similar?
Double D
Double D avatar

3552 posts since 8/3/07

23 Nov 2014 22:48
candidate wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsvRyzkfoAA

forgot how much i loved CW
New album is fucking good, way out of the loop with new stuff but great to see them back