General Discussion: random news stories


Show original post
Rirawin
Rirawin avatar

9623 posts since 17/7/05

posted 17 Jun 2017 13:22, edited 17 Jun 2017 13:22
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcJPlkqOYX0
fudge.dredd
fudge.dredd avatar

1986 posts since 15/12/12

posted 17 Jun 2017 14:03, edited 17 Jun 2017 14:03
TIMDOT wrote: Every bad aspect exists and has existed elsewhere. Homophobia, terrorism, religious persecution, patriarchy etc. Socio-economic cause and solution. Not just the ideas in peoples heads.

Stop buying expensive TV's and buy some history books, where the author has actually put their career on the line to present factual info in context. Not your David Ickes level shit.

Haha how about me actually living in Muslim countries over the past 10 years?

How about meeting Imams at mosques in Tehran and Istanbul and Doha and Mecca (oh yeah I forgot you can't actually go to Mecca if you're not a Muslim can you? Talk about a 'ban') and Jerusalem and Indonesia? Yeah you keep reading books by people paid by Saudi Arabia.

Explain to me why 'Muslim-majority' countries (in other words, just plain Muslim countries) won't allow you to practice your faith there if it's not Islam? Or why you can't speak out and say one wrong word about Islam? Explain why Israel has Arabs in its Knesset government but no Muslim country allows non Muslims to form any part of its ruling parties? Don't give me shit about bad aspects or any of that existential crap. This is one ideology that is hell bent on taking over the world. Go ahead and make any Muslim country nuclear and let's see what they decide to do.
fudge.dredd
fudge.dredd avatar

1986 posts since 15/12/12

17 Jun 2017 14:09

Saw this somewhere.. or something like this.

Grenfell Tower:

Local Government : Labour
Planning Committee : Labour MP
Mayor : Labour
Built under: Labour
fudge.dredd
fudge.dredd avatar

1986 posts since 15/12/12

posted 17 Jun 2017 14:10, edited 17 Jun 2017 14:10
.
TIMDOT
TIMDOT avatar

876 posts since 6/8/14

posted 17 Jun 2017 17:41, edited 17 Jun 2017 17:41
fudge.dredd wrote: Haha how about me actually living in Muslim countries over the past 10 years?

How about meeting Imams at mosques in Tehran and Istanbul and Doha and Mecca (oh yeah I forgot you can't actually go to Mecca if you're not a Muslim can you? Talk about a 'ban') and Jerusalem and Indonesia? Yeah you keep reading books by people paid by Saudi Arabia.

Explain to me why 'Muslim-majority' countries (in other words, just plain Muslim countries) won't allow you to practice your faith there if it's not Islam? Or why you can't speak out and say one wrong word about Islam? Explain why Israel has Arabs in its Knesset government but no Muslim country allows non Muslims to form any part of its ruling parties? Don't give me shit about bad aspects or any of that existential crap. This is one ideology that is hell bent on taking over the world. Go ahead and make any Muslim country nuclear and let's see what they decide to do.
Err actually my books are funded by George Soros.

These are products of authoritarian governments, silencing dissent. Do you think the form of their authoritarianism is less important than them actually being authoritarian?
fudge.dredd
fudge.dredd avatar

1986 posts since 15/12/12

posted 17 Jun 2017 18:43, edited 17 Jun 2017 18:43
Edit: so these governments don't get their ideas from the Koran and Islamic law which prohibits other religions from being practised? It's just coincidence? Hmmm.

And everything is the result of other people and not one person or goverment practices Islam in its truest form?

Wow.

A bit like socialism I suppose. Whenever it fails, it's not true socialism. Go Soros.
TIMDOT
TIMDOT avatar

876 posts since 6/8/14

17 Jun 2017 19:39
What? You've not said anything about how it's uniquely bad in any way. Not least in "every possible sense". China, Burma, Eritrea, North Korea and Uzbekistan are all appalling at religious freedom, so not unique.

I don't think the people that wrote these books had the foresight to work out how to function under capitalism. Every government focuses on power and money. Suppressing dissent of the economic system is directly linked to suppressing dissent of the belief system.

fudge.dredd wrote: A bit like socialism I suppose. Whenever it fails, it's not true socialism. Go Soros.
Yeah it is actually a lot like that well done.
fudge.dredd
fudge.dredd avatar

1986 posts since 15/12/12

posted 17 Jun 2017 20:19, edited 17 Jun 2017 20:19
How it's uniquely bad? Wow. Take your pick.

Women's rights. Lack of freedom of religion. Lack of separation of church and state. Lack of equality amongst non-believers of Islam. Lack of rights for gay people. Supremacist beliefs. Stoning. Public executions. Crucifixtion as punishment. Public beheadings. Public lashings. Apostasy punishable by death. Still engaging in the Slave trade.

But I'm sure all of these are just because of socio-economic factors.

What a Moby.

I'm done.
TIMDOT
TIMDOT avatar

876 posts since 6/8/14

17 Jun 2017 20:36
And yet the majority don't come close to doing most of those things.
There can only be social and economic reasons why they cling to these ideas in a world that doesn't.

When you think one group is incapable of dynamism you end up seeing the whole world as incapable of change. The politics of doing as you're told.
TIMDOT
TIMDOT avatar

876 posts since 6/8/14

posted 17 Jun 2017 20:37, edited 17 Jun 2017 20:37
.
caol87
caol87 avatar

2378 posts since 28/6/14

posted 19 Jun 2017 00:30, edited 19 Jun 2017 00:30
And again, looks like some deluded far right fool driving into innocent Muslims for the recent attacks in the UK, 'colliding into people outside a mosque', this guys as much a terrorist as the rest of them, not mentally ill

http://news.sky.com/story/vehicle-collides-with-pedestrians-in-finsbury-park-10919826
ismvil
ismvil avatar

2057 posts since 16/9/11

posted 19 Jun 2017 03:31, edited 19 Jun 2017 03:31
Was bound to happen to be fair
carl lewis
carl lewis avatar

23965 posts since 14/10/04

19 Jun 2017 06:45
May has to go.
fudge.dredd
fudge.dredd avatar

1986 posts since 15/12/12

19 Jun 2017 08:42
Civil war will begin soon I fear.

This will be quickly described as Islamophobia.

This will be quickly called terrorism.

They'll be pushing for advanced reinforcements at every mosque. Quite what you do when they start praying in the middle of the road is another matter. Maybe every person about to pray should have an armed guard beside them.

Or maybe we should do what the Mayor usually says: accept this as part or parcel of modern day Britain and just get on with our lives. But not the Muslims - they will be up in arms. They will be protesting and demanding.

I'm in Prague right now… none of the Eastern Europeans countries have much Islamic extremism because they keep it clamped down over here. But I think we're too far gone in UK.

fudge.dredd
fudge.dredd avatar

1986 posts since 15/12/12

posted 19 Jun 2017 08:45, edited 19 Jun 2017 08:45
TIMDOT wrote: And yet the majority don't come close to doing most of those things.
There can only be social and economic reasons why they cling to these ideas in a world that doesn't.

When you think one group is incapable of dynamism you end up seeing the whole world as incapable of change. The politics of doing as you're told.

I agree with you. But because the majority don't do most of those things isn't through them accepting they're part and parcel of Islam and rejecting them, but not even acknowledging they exist in the first place. Which is not he same thing. Because if someone does bring up that Muhammed had many many people killed and beheaded then they take that as a personal attack on their belief system.

And anyone that has come remotely close to trying to separate the violence from the faith is normally silenced/killed.

A little bit from 'Atlas Shrugged':

'There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil. The man who is wrong still retains some respect for truth, if only by accepting the responsibility of choice. But the man in the middle is the knave who blanks out the truth in order to pretend that no choice or values exist, who is willing to sit out the course of any battle, willing to cash in on the blood of the innocent or to crawl on his belly to the guilty, who dispenses justice by condemning both the robber and the robbed to jail, who solves conflicts by ordering the thinker and the fool to meet each other halfway. In any compromise between food and poison, it is only death that can win. In any compromise between good and evil, it is only evil that can profit. In that transfusion of blood which drains the good to feed the evil, the compromise is the transmitting rubber tube.'

This is us now in modern times. Not calling a spade a spade. And the same with the Muslim community sitting on the fence. All that does it get you a sore arse. (Insert homo jokes at will).
figurine
figurine avatar

6119 posts since 14/5/07

19 Jun 2017 08:49
fudge.dredd wrote: I'm in Prague right now… none of the Eastern Europeans countries have much Islamic extremism because they keep it clamped down over here. But I think we're too far gone in UK.
Or perhaps it's because Czech Republic isn't much of a military presence in the Middle East. In general most of Eastern Europe is also more socially conservative than UK, again making it less of a target.
fudge.dredd
fudge.dredd avatar

1986 posts since 15/12/12

posted 19 Jun 2017 08:50, edited 19 Jun 2017 08:50
figurine wrote:
fudge.dredd wrote: I'm in Prague right now… none of the Eastern Europeans countries have much Islamic extremism because they keep it clamped down over here. But I think we're too far gone in UK.
Or perhaps it's because Czech Republic isn't much of a military presence in the Middle East. In general most of Eastern Europe is also more socially conservative than UK, again making it less of a target.

And neither are Denmark or Sweden or Germany a presence in the Middle East. They've just let in tens of thousands with barbaric mindsets.

If 'normal people' aren't allowed to speak of such issues and given a voice then it will others far worse in the future.
figurine
figurine avatar

6119 posts since 14/5/07

19 Jun 2017 08:57
fudge.dredd wrote:
figurine wrote:
fudge.dredd wrote: I'm in Prague right now… none of the Eastern Europeans countries have much Islamic extremism because they keep it clamped down over here. But I think we're too far gone in UK.
Or perhaps it's because Czech Republic isn't much of a military presence in the Middle East. In general most of Eastern Europe is also more socially conservative than UK, again making it less of a target.

And neither are Denmark or Sweden or Germany a presence in the Middle East. They've just let in tens of thousands with barbaric mindsets.
There's been a couple of minor incidents in those three countries with a total death count of less than 10 people, despite 'tens of thousands with barbaric mindsets', perhaps you'd reconsider your argument.
MLI
MLI avatar

5173 posts since 6/10/09

19 Jun 2017 08:58
Good post Fudge! CHOOSE: ARE YOU GOOD OR EVIL?
fudge.dredd
fudge.dredd avatar

1986 posts since 15/12/12

19 Jun 2017 09:05
figurine wrote:
fudge.dredd wrote:
figurine wrote:
fudge.dredd wrote: I'm in Prague right now… none of the Eastern Europeans countries have much Islamic extremism because they keep it clamped down over here. But I think we're too far gone in UK.
Or perhaps it's because Czech Republic isn't much of a military presence in the Middle East. In general most of Eastern Europe is also more socially conservative than UK, again making it less of a target.

And neither are Denmark or Sweden or Germany a presence in the Middle East. They've just let in tens of thousands with barbaric mindsets.
There's been a couple of minor incidents in those three countries with a total death count of less than 10 people, despite 'tens of thousands with barbaric mindsets', perhaps you'd reconsider your argument.

You're right! Absolutely nothing is happening in the Scandinavian countries. Even though my wife is danish, I clearly know nothing. There aren't separate swimming times for men and women now because of young African guys hanging around. There aren't more sexual attacks now. In fact the entire region is becoming more and more tolerant. Silly me.