General Discussion: random news stories


Show original post
Mr.X.
Mr.X. avatar

3124 posts since 23/6/13

8 Mar 2021 20:00
well the queen is German…
Dee
Dee avatar

12052 posts since 22/11/07

8 Mar 2021 20:03
Rez wrote: Also gotta ask to the monarchists in here…do you really believe these people are ordained by God to lead us? That there's something about the people from the gene pool thst's just…better?

Lighten up Rez.
Dee
Dee avatar

12052 posts since 22/11/07

8 Mar 2021 20:03
https://youtu.be/6zkL91LzCMc
EssexBoyII
EssexBoyII avatar

7213 posts since 5/6/07

8 Mar 2021 20:04
Rez is well on his soapbox today and chatting utter bollocks as usual
R
R avatar

13307 posts since 17/5/03

8 Mar 2021 20:10
Rez wrote:
RickRude wrote: It’s not like Swede to label someone a racist or Fascist and move from pillar to post to prove the fallacy.

do you reckon it's racist to show "concerns and conversations about how dark the baby's skin might be when he was born"?

Open question to everyone really, should be a simple yes or no.

'concerns' is complete speculation IMO and this massively lacks context. shows where the world is today.
RickRude
RickRude avatar

3927 posts since 13/1/12

posted 8 Mar 2021 20:56, edited 8 Mar 2021 20:56
Rez wrote:
RickRude wrote: It’s not like Swede to label someone a racist or Fascist and move from pillar to post to prove the fallacy.

do you reckon it's racist to show "concerns and conversations about how dark the baby's skin might be when he was born"?

Open question to everyone really, should be a simple yes or no.

Swede is throwing around slurs again - calling Dee a gammon.

I couldn’t give a shit about the royal family.

Rez you do come across really self righteous every time I comment. Am I reading you wrong?
morning mist
morning mist avatar

3528 posts since 29/5/05

posted 8 Mar 2021 21:03, edited 8 Mar 2021 21:03
Dee wrote:
Rez wrote: Also gotta ask to the monarchists in here…do you really believe these people are ordained by God to lead us? That there's something about the people from the gene pool thst's just…better?
Lighten up Rez.
EssexBoyII wrote: Rez is well on his soapbox today and chatting utter bollocks as usual
RickRude wrote: Rez you do come across really self righteous every time I comment. Am I reading you wrong?
R
R avatar

13307 posts since 17/5/03

8 Mar 2021 21:04
Rez wrote: Also gotta ask to the monarchists in here…do you really believe these people are ordained by God to lead us? That there's something about the people from the gene pool thst's just…better?

yes
Doogan
Doogan avatar

1074 posts since 13/4/14

8 Mar 2021 21:06
Put the Royal family in the bin. Why should people be born into privilege like they are. Load of bollocks.
R
R avatar

13307 posts since 17/5/03

posted 8 Mar 2021 21:06, edited 8 Mar 2021 21:06
Doogan wrote: Put the Royal family in the bin. Why should people be born into privilege like they are. Load of bollocks.

100%. why should anyone be born with anything tbh? survival of the fittest.
RickRude
RickRude avatar

3927 posts since 13/1/12

8 Mar 2021 21:07
Agree
Rez
Rez avatar

8732 posts since 5/4/09

8 Mar 2021 21:22
EssexBoyII wrote: Rez is well on his soapbox today and chatting utter bollocks as usual

Gonna say what you disagree with or..
Rez
Rez avatar

8732 posts since 5/4/09

8 Mar 2021 21:52
RickRude wrote:
Rez wrote:
RickRude wrote: It’s not like Swede to label someone a racist or Fascist and move from pillar to post to prove the fallacy.

do you reckon it's racist to show "concerns and conversations about how dark the baby's skin might be when he was born"?

Open question to everyone really, should be a simple yes or no.

Swede is throwing around slurs again - calling Dee a gammon.

I couldn’t give a shit about the royal family.

Rez you do come across really self righteous every time I comment. Am I reading you wrong?

Hahaha refuse to be called self righteous by someone so desperate to be offended that they think 'gammon' is a slur, get a grip
R
R avatar

13307 posts since 17/5/03

8 Mar 2021 21:59
Rez you do seem like a decent guy, but there seems to be an I AM RIGHT AND ANYONE WHO DISAGREES WITH ME IS WRONG thread to your posts.
RickRude
RickRude avatar

3927 posts since 13/1/12

posted 8 Mar 2021 22:06, edited 8 Mar 2021 22:06
Gammon is a slur - it’s used to describe people who read the daily Mail and voted Brexit and describes how they look - like a piece of gammon. You get a grip, you do come across like you are self righteous to me. Dee only said that Meghan is a piece of work or whatever - he then gets thrown into the category of Brexit, Right Wing, Racist blah blah which is Swedes usual tact (most of the time I think he does it for effect). But you always seem to pipe up when I comment with some drivel. Others notice it on here.

I’m not offended in any way, shape or form. You are the king of straw man remember - and you’ve done it again.
phelen
phelen avatar

6727 posts since 16/8/06

8 Mar 2021 22:12
The response to the video seems drastic, outside the UK it seems more received, while of course Daily Mail, and Piers Morgan are doubling down.
Dee
Dee avatar

12052 posts since 22/11/07

8 Mar 2021 22:24
RickRude wrote: Gammon is a slur - it’s used to describe people who read the daily Mail and voted Brexit and describes how they look - like a piece of gammon. You get a grip, you do come across like you are self righteous to me. Dee only said that Meghan is a piece of work or whatever - he then gets thrown into the category of Brexit, Right Wing, Racist blah blah which is Swedes usual tact (most of the time I think he does it for effect). But you always seem to pipe up when I comment with some drivel. Others notice it on here.

I’m not offended in any way, shape or form. You are the king of straw man remember - and you’ve done it again.

I thought it was because I wear stone island and a flat cap Laughing out loud
Rez
Rez avatar

8732 posts since 5/4/09

8 Mar 2021 22:28
Laughing out loud
swede
swede avatar

9970 posts since 21/3/09

8 Mar 2021 22:40
RickRude wrote: like a piece of gammon

gammon joint*
Dee
Dee avatar

12052 posts since 22/11/07

8 Mar 2021 22:44
There he is…where've you been, sticking needles in your lab rat?