Menswear: Shoes and Boots thread


Show original post
Dreep
Dreep avatar

1687 posts since 29/7/08

posted 10 Feb 2021 09:25, edited 10 Feb 2021 09:25
willesdengreen wrote: whats up with the new wallabees



Looks like a Vans collab with that sole, but horrible none the less.
Dee
Dee avatar

12034 posts since 22/11/07

posted 10 Feb 2021 09:33, edited 10 Feb 2021 09:33
Black are miles better

morning mist
morning mist avatar

3521 posts since 29/5/05

10 Feb 2021 09:37
looks like marsell

pentonville
pentonville avatar

961 posts since 12/3/12

10 Feb 2021 10:49
Looks like Acupuncture
deuce
deuce avatar

14051 posts since 21/1/08

10 Feb 2021 11:26
looks like shit
Ulster_Blue
Ulster_Blue avatar

5561 posts since 16/7/06

10 Feb 2021 11:46
https://www.kafkamercantile.com/uk/item/31472/Alden/M7401-Mil-Spec-Pecan-2060-Sole.html

Anyone got these alden and know how they fit?
DELFOR
DELFOR avatar

369 posts since 10/2/09

10 Feb 2021 13:41
Ulster_Blue wrote: https://www.kafkamercantile.com/uk/item/31472/Alden/M7401-Mil-Spec-Pecan-2060-Sole.html

Anyone got these alden and know how they fit?

https://www.styleforum.net/ams/alden-shoes-sizing-guide-379x-last.124446/

This may help? But sounds like sz down 0.5
Dee
Dee avatar

12034 posts since 22/11/07

10 Feb 2021 14:46
deuce wrote: looks like shit

Laughing out loud I have the Marsell, will probs go for the clarks too.
generic_guy
generic_guy avatar

9979 posts since 16/9/02

10 Feb 2021 15:48
DELFOR wrote:
Ulster_Blue wrote: https://www.kafkamercantile.com/uk/item/31472/Alden/M7401-Mil-Spec-Pecan-2060-Sole.html

Anyone got these alden and know how they fit?

https://www.styleforum.net/ams/alden-shoes-sizing-guide-379x-last.124446/

This may help? But sounds like sz down 0.5

It looks like this last is similar to the Barrie last which comes up big, I'm at least a size 10 UK in everything but my Alden's are UK 9.5
YLAup
YLAup avatar

5731 posts since 5/9/11

10 Feb 2021 19:27
Dee wrote: Black are miles better


Stompers
generic_guy
generic_guy avatar

9979 posts since 16/9/02

11 Feb 2021 17:02
Latest purchase, Alden x Leather Soul

eazypz
eazypz avatar

3380 posts since 16/4/10

11 Feb 2021 17:14
Dee wrote:
deuce wrote: looks like shit

Laughing out loud I have the Marsell, will probs go for the clarks too.

Quite like the leather ones Laughing out loud
Hanto
Hanto avatar

3162 posts since 30/11/09

12 Feb 2021 15:12
Which sole do we reckon?



I'm leaning to the 2060, closely followed by the Dr Sole.
wayward sole
wayward sole avatar

178 posts since 23/8/11

12 Feb 2021 15:14
2060 for me.
RickRude
RickRude avatar

3906 posts since 13/1/12

12 Feb 2021 15:25
Top one
generic_guy
generic_guy avatar

9979 posts since 16/9/02

12 Feb 2021 15:29
2060s for me.
Doogan
Doogan avatar

1040 posts since 13/4/14

12 Feb 2021 15:29
Middle for me.
TheConductor
TheConductor avatar

4294 posts since 17/11/09

12 Feb 2021 15:43
Bottom one.

Middle reminds me of #menswear 10 years ago and the years proceeding with ugly Grenson boots.

But what do I bloody know?!
MrW
MrW avatar

3032 posts since 1/8/11

12 Feb 2021 15:46
Bottom, need the slight arch missing from the top ones.

Agree middle ones are too Grenson.
Doogan
Doogan avatar

1040 posts since 13/4/14

12 Feb 2021 15:57
I think this sole would work well: