Menswear: Shoes and Boots thread


Show original post
wayward sole
wayward sole avatar

178 posts since 23/8/11

21 Apr 2021 21:00
Hanto wrote: I think Dean charged me £150 for the same sole on my 7holes but he did rewelt them as well.

He has just mailed me and it was £85, thats with me supplying the sole.

The sole ive had on these is a 2021, i think the one you had Hanto was a 2060, which i had on some mowats which I posted in this thread a few weeks ago.
Hanto
Hanto avatar

3118 posts since 30/11/09

21 Apr 2021 23:09
Ah OK. They look similar. I did wonder when you said sourcing them as he had the 2060 on hand obviously.
Crackajack
Crackajack avatar

7960 posts since 21/4/05

21 May 2021 10:48
Bargain for someone! Would wear if anyone has the other shoe.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/304004294959
Doogan
Doogan avatar

1026 posts since 13/4/14

21 May 2021 17:32
Laughing out loud
Hanto
Hanto avatar

3118 posts since 30/11/09

21 May 2021 18:52
I'm watching to see what happens!
jplxx
jplxx avatar

1814 posts since 3/11/09

21 May 2021 20:04
Laughing if you are missing your right leg.
jplxx
jplxx avatar

1814 posts since 3/11/09

22 May 2021 20:26
Crackajack wrote: Bargain for someone! Would wear if anyone has the other shoe.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/304004294959

upload widget
quest
quest avatar

3689 posts since 11/7/11

22 May 2021 20:43
stolen off the shelf, or leg amputation
Crackajack
Crackajack avatar

7960 posts since 21/4/05

22 May 2021 21:54
Searching eBay for "left shoe only" and "right shoe only" listings

Mr.X.
Mr.X. avatar

3109 posts since 23/6/13

25 Jun 2021 22:15
Have shoes rocketed since the pandemic?
I bought some church’s deck shoes in the sale 2 years ago for £200 and thought I’d buy another pair only to see they’re now £520 new. Not living that Hanto high life.
jacko198
jacko198 avatar

546 posts since 23/10/09

12 Jul 2021 12:48
Getting married next month, have a suit on order in a Navy Hopsack and need some shoes to wear with it. I haven't bought a proper pair of shoes for years. There are too many styles these days and I don't have a clue what to get.

Preferably want black as well, personally don't want brown unless it is seriously dark!

As much as I would love a pair from Church, its something I might wear twice a year so don't want to go too topper!

What/where should I be looking at?
discobobulated
discobobulated avatar

1050 posts since 21/4/10

12 Jul 2021 14:02
https://www.shoezone.com/Products/Hobos-Mens-Black-Slip-On-Formal-Shoe-52285
zappa1903
zappa1903 avatar

458 posts since 26/8/14

12 Jul 2021 14:07
Clarks brogue or similar
eazypz
eazypz avatar

3359 posts since 16/4/10

12 Jul 2021 18:31
Mr.X. wrote: Have shoes rocketed since the pandemic?
I bought some church’s deck shoes in the sale 2 years ago for £200 and thought I’d buy another pair only to see they’re now £520 new. Not living that Hanto high life.

I noticed this recently with a pair of Churchs Pembrey loafers. I paid £350 4/5 years ago, price is now over £700! I know theres inflation but this is taking the piss. Have they maybe moved they're manufacturing or something back to the UK? I heard they started manufacturing in China or the like at some point.



jacko198 wrote: Getting married next month, have a suit on order in a Navy Hopsack and need some shoes to wear with it. I haven't bought a proper pair of shoes for years. There are too many styles these days and I don't have a clue what to get.

Preferably want black as well, personally don't want brown unless it is seriously dark!

As much as I would love a pair from Church, its something I might wear twice a year so don't want to go too topper!

What/where should I be looking at?

Keep an eye on TKMaxx mate, can usually nab a pair of Cheaney/Loake/Trickers for decent prices.
jacko198
jacko198 avatar

546 posts since 23/10/09

13 Jul 2021 20:51
Good shout, cheers guys
generic_guy
generic_guy avatar

9970 posts since 16/9/02

13 Jul 2021 21:18
Don't know whereabouts you are but worth planning a day trip to Northampton for all the factory outlets, you would definitely find something with a good reduction.
Crockett and Jones was particularly good for both choice and price, only thing is it is only open a few hours a week so check the website/call before visiting.
Almost all premium UK shoemakers have an outlet there though so loads of choice.

Churchs just decided to "reposition" themselves at a higher price point, no increase in quality or costs Laughing out loud
jacko198
jacko198 avatar

546 posts since 23/10/09

13 Jul 2021 21:53
generic_guy wrote: Don't know whereabouts you are but worth planning a day trip to Northampton for all the factory outlets, you would definitely find something with a good reduction.
Crockett and Jones was particularly good for both choice and price, only thing is it is only open a few hours a week so check the website/call before visiting.
Almost all premium UK shoemakers have an outlet there though so loads of choice.

Churchs just decided to "reposition" themselves at a higher price point, no increase in quality or costs Laughing out loud

I am 20 mins away, did not know that Northampton was the place for shoes! Haha. Will have a nose for sure
joe6886
joe6886 avatar

915 posts since 16/11/08

14 Jul 2021 19:22
Dean from Yorkshire sole on the repair shop on BBC if anyone’s interested seeing him in action, impressive job on some 1936 running spikes.
Brew
Brew avatar

435 posts since 17/12/10

14 Jul 2021 19:42
joe6886 wrote: Dean from Yorkshire sole on the repair shop on BBC if anyone’s interested seeing him in action, impressive job on some 1936 running spikes.

Had a feeling it might be the repair shop. He did a couple of pairs of red wings for me a while back but there was a delay as he was off filming but said he couldn’t tell me what it was.
generic_guy
generic_guy avatar

9970 posts since 16/9/02

14 Jul 2021 19:57
jacko198 wrote: I am 20 mins away, did not know that Northampton was the place for shoes! Haha. Will have a nose for sure

Laughing out loud Northampton is probably the world capital of mens' shoes.
Decent map here: https://northamptonshoes.com/pages/factory-shops

Definitely check C&J opening hours because they were weird when I went but def worth a visit.
What size are you? I'll keep an eye out for decent deals.