Menswear: Shoes and Boots thread


Show original post
Kingmob07
Kingmob07 avatar

9012 posts since 11/5/07

4 Oct 2007 16:01
Pretty sure those are black. They're off Amazon right?
Trystero
Trystero avatar

1619 posts since 1/8/07

4 Oct 2007 17:01
Jack wrote: Laughing out loud That's proper unlucky Trystero, I can't even find what they send you on the site.

I couldn't see them either. Looks like I'm stuck with the fucking things for another week though. I couldn't return them to my local Topman store, because they said that they could only refund me to the value of the goods which I had received, so I've now got to post them back. Because of the strikes, I can't send them out until the 10th, and they'll probably be delayed further because of the backlog, so I'm beginning to worry about them arriving within the 14 day deadline.

This whole mess also means that I'm down £240 for at least the next fortnight with nothing to show for it. I'm still job-hunting at the moment and have no steady income so this is a lot of money. I'm also scared in case the people who process returns are as simple as the idiots in the warehouse who send out incorrect orders, and try to mess me about over getting a refund like the staff in the store did. I don't normally e-whine like this but it's been a shitty week and this has really annoyed me.
stillhere
stillhere avatar

5017 posts since 15/1/06

4 Oct 2007 17:22
russ74 wrote: are these black? theres no colour in the disciption n i cant tell on my screen!

look nice russ, what are they?
Kingmob07
Kingmob07 avatar

9012 posts since 11/5/07

4 Oct 2007 17:22
I'm amazed that the store couldn't refund you for the full amount. You had a receipt or order confirmation I imagine, you had the incorrect goods, you went to one of their stores, and it's their mistake. Would have thought they'd be falling over themselves to apologise.
Jack
Jack avatar

7300 posts since 12/9/06

4 Oct 2007 17:24
Topman are shit with returns.

I bought one of them Dexter Wong jackets off the website, with an order of other stuff, for £70.

Tried it on, realised it was shit, and returned it.

Since the reason I didn't want it was that it was 'unsuitable' they only refunded me £59, after I originally paid £70.

Shitcunts, Topman.
Kingmob07
Kingmob07 avatar

9012 posts since 11/5/07

4 Oct 2007 17:25
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hudson-Mens-1403013-EARP-BLACK/dp/B000VKXJUW/ref=sr_1_18/203-6256154-3255144?ie=UTF8&s;=apparel&qid;=1191514391&sr;=1-18

Edit. That's to answer dave.
Seventyfour
Seventyfour avatar

8986 posts since 6/10/05

4 Oct 2007 17:49
h by hudson

i've pulled the trigger on em Cool

estimated despatch date 5th of november Sad what the fucks that all about?
Rirawin
Rirawin avatar

9363 posts since 17/7/05

4 Oct 2007 17:53
Any one know any stockists for Trickers, in particular their boots?
hdsy-
hdsy- avatar

3904 posts since 30/4/06

4 Oct 2007 17:56
ridiculous shoes, trickers

http://www.aspecto.co.uk/index.asp?level1=MENS+SHOES&level2=TRICKERS
Seventyfour
Seventyfour avatar

8986 posts since 6/10/05

4 Oct 2007 17:57
some boots here
http://www1.yoox.com/searchresult.asp?textsearch=TRICKERS&gender=U&toll=A&ipp=20&tskay=B84CE7A2&tp=7079&areaid=7

not my cup of tea
Noble Locks
Noble Locks avatar

66963 posts since 10/7/03

4 Oct 2007 17:59
russ74 wrote: h by hudson

i've pulled the trigger on em Cool

estimated despatch date 5th of november Sad what the fucks that all about?
they must think you are buying them as a bonfire night pressie to yourself and you need them for the fireworks doo.
Rirawin
Rirawin avatar

9363 posts since 17/7/05

4 Oct 2007 18:00
Cheers though I should have made it clear I'm after their Chukka boots…


I'm after the non-collab version as I don't fancy paying the sophnet price tag Eye-wink
Trystero
Trystero avatar

1619 posts since 1/8/07

4 Oct 2007 18:01
Kingmob07 wrote: I'm amazed that the store couldn't refund you for the full amount. You had a receipt or order confirmation I imagine, you had the incorrect goods, you went to one of their stores, and it's their mistake. Would have thought they'd be falling over themselves to apologise.

Yeah, I took along the despatch note that I received with the order but because it didn't match up with the goods that I was trying to return they wouldn't refund me.

I did explain that I was returning the boots precisely because they didn't match up with the items shown on the receipt that I'd been billed for, but as far as they were concerned I could have bought the boots elsewhere and be trying to defraud them.

You'd think there'd be some way for them to call up someone at the e-shop and have them verify my order, and confirm that someone had fucked up at their end, but apparently not.

Jack wrote: Topman are shit with returns.

I bought one of them Dexter Wong jackets off the website, with an order of other stuff, for £70.

Tried it on, realised it was shit, and returned it.

Since the reason I didn't want it was that it was 'unsuitable' they only refunded me £59, after I originally paid £70.

Shitcunts, Topman.

Surprised to hear that tbh. I wouldn't have thought that they were allowed to give you a partial refund to begin with, especially not on the basis of a box that you'd ticked.

I rarely buy anything from Topman, except for the occasional plain t-shirt, but they're normally pretty good with returns. This is why I decided to order the boots in two different sizes, because I knew that I could easily return one or both pairs if necessary. It's only the fact that they messed up my order that's causing problems now.
brodie
brodie avatar

6737 posts since 15/10/05

4 Oct 2007 18:03
think trickers have factory store on ebay, might be worth emailing em
hdsy-
hdsy- avatar

3904 posts since 30/4/06

4 Oct 2007 18:04
those trickers look pretty nice rich. most of the boots on this thread aren't to my taste as they're either too bulky or too homo (think those dior boots with the cuban heel).
Seventyfour
Seventyfour avatar

8986 posts since 6/10/05

4 Oct 2007 18:06
Noble Locks wrote:
russ74 wrote: h by hudson

i've pulled the trigger on em Cool

estimated despatch date 5th of november Sad what the fucks that all about?
they must think you are buying them as a bonfire night pressie to yourself and you need them for the fireworks doo.

Laughing out loud what you tring to say like Laughing out loud
with the shit lazy arse postmen in this country i'll be lucky to get them for my birthday 15th Puzzled
Noble Locks
Noble Locks avatar

66963 posts since 10/7/03

4 Oct 2007 18:09
amzon are so bad with delivery, you should of paid the 5 quid for next day delivery russ, cos when they say things like that long, they usually mean it. Evil
think you may be able to go back and change delivery options still tho.
Jack
Jack avatar

7300 posts since 12/9/06

4 Oct 2007 18:09
Trystero wrote:
Jack wrote: Topman are shit with returns.

I bought one of them Dexter Wong jackets off the website, with an order of other stuff, for £70.

Tried it on, realised it was shit, and returned it.

Since the reason I didn't want it was that it was 'unsuitable' they only refunded me £59, after I originally paid £70.

Shitcunts, Topman.

Surprised to hear that tbh. I wouldn't have thought that they were allowed to give you a partial refund to begin with, especially not on the basis of a box that you'd ticked.

I rarely buy anything from Topman, except for the occasional plain t-shirt, but they're normally pretty good with returns. This is why I decided to order the boots in two different sizes, because I knew that I could easily return one or both pairs if necessary. It's only the fact that they messed up my order that's causing problems now.

Yeah, I ordered 2 different jackets, to see which I prefered, and when I returned the one I didn't want, since I didn't want it, they wouldn't give a full refund.

So much for their 'no questions asked returns', they won't ask questions, but they won't give you your money either. Sad
DuffMan
DuffMan avatar

14378 posts since 21/2/07

4 Oct 2007 19:16
Jack I'm pretty sure that's not legal, distance selling regs and all? (Quite probably wrong)
Paolo G
Paolo G avatar

7408 posts since 10/8/06

4 Oct 2007 21:08
dave63 wrote:
russ74 wrote: are these black? theres no colour in the disciption n i cant tell on my screen!

look nice russ, what are they?

Bit
aren't they?