Menswear: Socks it to me!


Show original post
swiftus
swiftus avatar

1232 posts since 1/7/09

18 May 2020 21:00
illwill wrote: I wanna pay that for 2/3 pairs

Do you want them for running, or just general wear?
Davinho
Davinho avatar

2291 posts since 2/12/08

18 May 2020 21:29
Can’t beat Nike ones, well comfy, 3 pairs for a tenner
TheTiger
TheTiger avatar

3986 posts since 23/2/03

19 May 2020 00:55
Which ones? The Nike ones I have from TK Maxx thin out easily and don’t last long. I’m also looking for some good (but relatively inexpensive) cushioned sports socks for tennis in white or black.
illwill
illwill avatar

4057 posts since 17/5/04

19 May 2020 08:19
swiftus wrote:
illwill wrote: I wanna pay that for 2/3 pairs

Do you want them for running, or just general wear?

To wear with trainers but not to run in. Unless it's for a bus or last orders.
Davinho
Davinho avatar

2291 posts since 2/12/08

19 May 2020 09:17
TheTiger wrote: Which ones? The Nike ones I have from TK Maxx thin out easily and don’t last long. I’m also looking for some good (but relatively inexpensive) cushioned sports socks for tennis in white or black.

Think they’re called cushioned everyday socks, something like that. They do a thin version too but they’re shite.
LFC
LFC avatar

4748 posts since 14/6/11

19 May 2020 09:25
https://nike.app.link/tDyMkopYB6

These are the good ones
LFC
LFC avatar

4748 posts since 14/6/11

19 May 2020 09:50
https://golfbase.co.uk/lacoste-mens-2019-classics-3-pack-socks.html

I got these last week as well, spot on.
TheTiger
TheTiger avatar

3986 posts since 23/2/03

19 May 2020 11:51
LFC wrote: https://nike.app.link/tDyMkopYB6

These are the good ones

Thanks, ordered Cool
jacko198
jacko198 avatar

422 posts since 23/10/09

posted 21 Nov 2020 18:10, edited 21 Nov 2020 18:10
Looking for some new socks as my drawer is full of random ones I cant get on with any more.

Im after something thin, cotton, black. Most importantly I hate socks that are too big, so something that you can get in different sizes and also something that isn't too long. I dont need them to go halfway up my leg, im not a school girl!

Something this type of height would be nice.

https://www.mujionline.eu/uk/rightanglemiddlegaugeshortlinesocks/p?skuId=13749

illwill
illwill avatar

4057 posts since 17/5/04

21 Nov 2020 19:11
illwill wrote: What thick white cotton sports socks do we rate?

I swear the M&S ones that have been my default for 2 decades are much less substantial than they used to be.

Not looking to pay 20 quid a pair either you cunts.

BTW these are the best I found for the money

https://www.johnlewis.com/john-lewis-partners-plain-crew-socks-pack-of-3/white/p772131
LFC
LFC avatar

4748 posts since 14/6/11

21 Nov 2020 19:53
jacko198 wrote: Looking for some new socks as my drawer is full of random ones I cant get on with any more.

Im after something thin, cotton, black. Most importantly I hate socks that are too big, so something that you can get in different sizes and also something that isn't too long. I dont need them to go halfway up my leg, im not a school girl!

Something this type of height would be nice.

https://www.mujionline.eu/uk/rightanglemiddlegaugeshortlinesocks/p?skuId=13749

Next or M&S are the best bet. I have to get 6-8.5 sizing as I also hate socks too long.
YLAup
YLAup avatar

5476 posts since 5/9/11

22 Nov 2020 11:49
I remember getting the piss taken out of me at school for wearing standard length socks, normally, and not bunching them up at my ankle. was that a thing?
jacko198
jacko198 avatar

422 posts since 23/10/09

22 Nov 2020 18:38
Yeah, wearing them halfway up your leg is a bit weird. Its like the modern equivalent of people wearing white socks pulled up with slides Sick!
LFC
LFC avatar

4748 posts since 14/6/11

22 Nov 2020 18:41
Yeah you would of got abused at our school with that look ylaup