General Discussion: Sony PS4


Show original post
Gizmo
Gizmo avatar

4288 posts since 20/10/09

25 Sep 2019 12:55
Last of us 2 - February apparently. Probably going to be a launch title for PS5 I guess too?
MoB
MoB avatar

36855 posts since 31/8/04

25 Sep 2019 13:02
Gizmo wrote: Last of us 2 - February apparently. Probably going to be a launch title for PS5 I guess too?

is that when the PS5's out?
Rez
Rez avatar

8253 posts since 5/4/09

25 Sep 2019 13:37
No probably a few months later, but they'll re-release it for ps5 like they did last time.
schtoop
schtoop avatar

13003 posts since 9/4/07

25 Sep 2019 13:57
schtoop wrote: Having a clear out - got Fifa 18 & Fifa 19 both in mint condition if anyone wants them?

Fifa 19 gone
Razorlight123
Razorlight123 avatar

4611 posts since 13/1/10

25 Sep 2019 14:21
Rez wrote: No probably a few months later, but they'll re-release it for ps5 like they did last time.

PS5 is to be released 2020-Q4 apparently
deuce
deuce avatar

13831 posts since 21/1/08

25 Sep 2019 15:31
Rez wrote: No probably a few months later, but they'll re-release it for ps5 like they did last time.
annoying that they're going to do this Sad
although to be fair, i cant see myself buying a ps5 as soon as it comes out
Gaz
Gaz avatar

2602 posts since 20/10/05

25 Sep 2019 16:20
Of course you won't you tight GET!
jogon321
jogon321 avatar

662 posts since 13/4/12

25 Sep 2019 20:04
Gizmo wrote: Last of us 2 - February apparently. Probably going to be a launch title for PS5 I guess too?

And first one is this months PSplus game
Razorlight123
Razorlight123 avatar

4611 posts since 13/1/10

19 Nov 2019 20:38
No-one jumping on this Google Stadia 'hype'?
Burt
Burt avatar

5941 posts since 3/1/10

23 Nov 2019 11:46
Mosoona
Mosoona avatar

283 posts since 25/5/15

posted 23 Nov 2019 13:27, edited 23 Nov 2019 13:27
Razorlight123 wrote: No-one jumping on this Google Stadia 'hype'?

Poor ecosystem and apparently the tech/experience has got worse as more people have started using it. Microsoft are running a beta at the moment for xCloud, which is similar, and it's getting a lot of positive feedback. Bodes well because Sony did a deal with MS for their streaming infrastructure
Razorlight123
Razorlight123 avatar

4611 posts since 13/1/10

posted 23 Nov 2019 14:25, edited 23 Nov 2019 14:25
Mosoona wrote:
Razorlight123 wrote: No-one jumping on this Google Stadia 'hype'?

Poor ecosystem and apparently the tech/experience has got worse as more people have started using it. Microsoft are running a beta at the moment for xCloud, which is similar, and it's getting a lot of positive feedback. Bodes well because Sony did a deal with MS for their streaming infrastructure

I've got it, works flawlessly man.

Streamed NBA 2K20 whilst downstairs using Chromecast ultra and a stadia controller - then moved upstairs onto laptop using simply Google Chrome and connecting a PS3 controller picking up where I left off downstairs. No lag or latency whatsoever.

Will get better in future years.

It's also possible to stream onto any phone, Pixel only atm BUT people have been able to get it working on their android phones through google chrome.

Also, to be fair this is in its beta phase as well (soft launch) real launch is next year.
Burt
Burt avatar

5941 posts since 3/1/10

23 Nov 2019 15:32
Get the lure of Stadia but unless I'm missing something, trynna play a next gen game on a phone is a lesson in frustration/futility.
Razorlight123
Razorlight123 avatar

4611 posts since 13/1/10

posted 23 Nov 2019 15:36, edited 23 Nov 2019 15:36
Burt wrote: Get the lure of Stadia but unless I'm missing something, trynna play a next gen game on a phone is a lesson in frustration/futility.

Think it's more of a that 'it's a possibility' than anything else. You can play on any tablet as well, well Android tablet for now if you can get it working on your chrome browser.
krisricey
krisricey avatar

2177 posts since 24/3/12

23 Nov 2019 18:21
Fucking CODMW updates. Have deleted everything on my PS4 to accommodate these constant 10-15GB updates. Insane.
Burt
Burt avatar

5941 posts since 3/1/10

23 Nov 2019 18:45
I invested in an External Hard Drive a coupla years ago, Kris - pick one up with a Black Friday deal on Amazon. Worth their weight in gold, especially when deece PS+ games are released.
krisricey
krisricey avatar

2177 posts since 24/3/12

23 Nov 2019 19:14
Burt wrote: I invested in an External Hard Drive a coupla years ago, Kris - pick one up with a Black Friday deal on Amazon. Worth their weight in gold, especially when deece PS+ games are released.

Didn't realise the original PS4 was capable of using an external HDD to hold data on and read from? Will definitely invest if so - are you able to download all games/updates/apps to it with no hassle?
Burt
Burt avatar

5941 posts since 3/1/10

posted 23 Nov 2019 22:27, edited 23 Nov 2019 22:27
Yeah, deffo. I picked up THIS 2TB one for about 40 bar a coupla years ago - works like a charm.
MoB
MoB avatar

36855 posts since 31/8/04

2 Apr 2020 18:59
Last of us delayed again Sad
joeyjojo
joeyjojo avatar

4256 posts since 24/8/06

2 Apr 2020 19:50
But FFVII soon