Menswear: The Official Supreme Thread


Show original post
zoom
zoom avatar

6411 posts since 22/7/05

posted 20 May 2020 08:16, edited 20 May 2020 08:16
themistake wrote:
Dreep wrote:
Crackajack wrote: But would you rather buy fake than not own tho?

Not for me but I like the camel jacket. Desert camo would have been Cool

I'd rather buy the fake than not have it, I think the item of clothing looks pretty nice so I'd like it regardless of authenticity.
Besides the fakes these days are pretty much becoming 1:1 if you wait a bit.

Interesting mindset.
The jacket has 6 brand logo’s on it. So arguably you are buying into the brand as much as the style. And even if you aren’t, then those logos are added baggage to your jacket.
Personally I couldn’t wear fake branded goods. It’s fronting, and the shame of someone catching me out on it would be too much.

Could not agree more.

I don’t see how you will happily pay whatever it costs for a bot (probably £500+ for one that you stand any chance with) but probably won’t work.

And then you won’t pay someone else an extra £100/200 resale fee?


Crackajack
Crackajack avatar

7665 posts since 21/4/05

20 May 2020 08:53
Never realised how professional this resell game was. Covid stopping the classic overnight queue aspect as well Sad

https://mobile.twitter.com/bonzayio
carl lewis
carl lewis avatar

23958 posts since 14/10/04

20 May 2020 09:47
Dreep just cop off stock x if you're shook about fakes.

Will be a while before triple AAA fakes hit the market also.



zoom
zoom avatar

6411 posts since 22/7/05

posted 20 May 2020 09:52, edited 20 May 2020 09:52
carl lewis wrote: Dreep just cop off stock x if you're shook about fakes.

Will be a while before triple AAA fakes hit the market also.

Nah you got it confused Carl. He’s not shook about fakes, he said he wants one if he can’t get a real one for retail.

He said no matter what he will never pay resale and would RATHER wear a fake.
MLI
MLI avatar

5173 posts since 6/10/09

20 May 2020 10:15
whatbout deepfakes?
carl lewis
carl lewis avatar

23958 posts since 14/10/04

20 May 2020 10:20
zoom wrote:
carl lewis wrote: Dreep just cop off stock x if you're shook about fakes.

Will be a while before triple AAA fakes hit the market also.

Nah you got it confused Carl. He’s not shook about fakes, he said he wants one if he can’t get a real one for retail.

He said no matter what he will never pay resale and would RATHER wear a fake.

Ah Laughing out loud

Its better not to have than wear fakes
Dreep
Dreep avatar

1481 posts since 29/7/08

posted 20 May 2020 12:33, edited 20 May 2020 12:33
zoom wrote:
themistake wrote:
Dreep wrote:
Crackajack wrote: But would you rather buy fake than not own tho?

Not for me but I like the camel jacket. Desert camo would have been Cool

I'd rather buy the fake than not have it, I think the item of clothing looks pretty nice so I'd like it regardless of authenticity.
Besides the fakes these days are pretty much becoming 1:1 if you wait a bit.

Interesting mindset.
The jacket has 6 brand logo’s on it. So arguably you are buying into the brand as much as the style. And even if you aren’t, then those logos are added baggage to your jacket.
Personally I couldn’t wear fake branded goods. It’s fronting, and the shame of someone catching me out on it would be too much.

Could not agree more.

I don’t see how you will happily pay whatever it costs for a bot (probably £500+ for one that you stand any chance with) but probably won’t work.

And then you won’t pay someone else an extra £100/200 resale fee?

I'd buy the item if it didn't have the logos on it either though.

I wouldn't see myself as fronting on it as I don't go around flaunting off clothings saying how much they cost, nor does anyone I know care about what brands people are wearing and what they cost, seems like a teenage mindset to me, especially if they tried to call me out on it, I'd struggle to give a single fuck if someone said "mate, your jacket is illegitimate".

But yeah the bots not happenning, guess I'll just have to try with my mere mortal hands to get one.
eazypz
eazypz avatar

3229 posts since 16/4/10

20 May 2020 12:43
zoom wrote:
themistake wrote:
Dreep wrote:
Crackajack wrote: But would you rather buy fake than not own tho?

Not for me but I like the camel jacket. Desert camo would have been Cool

I'd rather buy the fake than not have it, I think the item of clothing looks pretty nice so I'd like it regardless of authenticity.
Besides the fakes these days are pretty much becoming 1:1 if you wait a bit.

Interesting mindset.
The jacket has 6 brand logo’s on it. So arguably you are buying into the brand as much as the style. And even if you aren’t, then those logos are added baggage to your jacket.
Personally I couldn’t wear fake branded goods. It’s fronting, and the shame of someone catching me out on it would be too much.

Could not agree more.

I don’t see how you will happily pay whatever it costs for a bot (probably £500+ for one that you stand any chance with) but probably won’t work.

And then you won’t pay someone else an extra £100/200 resale fee?


Would never buy something knowing that its fake.

For those jackets, would be lucky to only pay £200 on top of the RRP.
TNF x Supreme usually sells for a quite a bit more.
zoom
zoom avatar

6411 posts since 22/7/05

posted 20 May 2020 12:55, edited 20 May 2020 12:55
eazypz wrote: For those jackets, would be lucky to only pay £200 on top of the RRP.
TNF x Supreme usually sells for a quite a bit more.

I think it will have a high RRP which will put a lot of resellers off.

TNF collabs are released far more than they previously used to be.

Look at the last release just last month. The top end jacket retailed for like £600/700 and resale was like £100/200 on top for a day or two after. Now they are selling for £500ish.
Crackajack
Crackajack avatar

7665 posts since 21/4/05

20 May 2020 13:05
Resellers will need to furlough themselves at this rate
carl lewis
carl lewis avatar

23958 posts since 14/10/04

20 May 2020 13:13
Pink will be hype, best chance to cop is the black joint.

generic_guy
generic_guy avatar

9560 posts since 16/9/02

20 May 2020 13:49
We need a Fuk bot, small group chip in to buy a decent one and someone manages it.
Kadafi39
Kadafi39 avatar

1775 posts since 30/10/09

20 May 2020 14:01
generic_guy wrote: We need a Fuk bot, small group chip in to buy a decent one and someone manages it.

Surprised we don't already have something like this tbh seeing as its literally the only chance these days.
Blanco87
Blanco87 avatar

370 posts since 26/9/09

20 May 2020 14:12
I had no idea bots were that expensive these days.

It can be extremely difficult but I've managed to cop most of the hyped up things that I've wanted in the last year or so manually. Felt like the hype around streetwear was dropping off ever so slightly but maybe not looking at those prices.
Mookie_blaylock
Mookie_blaylock avatar

1616 posts since 19/7/06

20 May 2020 14:20
Bot prices Jawdropping!

Are there any tricks for a manual cop? Like using a browser extension etc? Is there a way to save address/payment details ?
carl lewis
carl lewis avatar

23958 posts since 14/10/04

20 May 2020 14:33
Supreme already saves your address. Best to only add 1 item to cart and try check out.
eazypz
eazypz avatar

3229 posts since 16/4/10

20 May 2020 14:36
zoom wrote:
eazypz wrote: For those jackets, would be lucky to only pay £200 on top of the RRP.
TNF x Supreme usually sells for a quite a bit more.

I think it will have a high RRP which will put a lot of resellers off.

TNF collabs are released far more than they previously used to be.

Look at the last release just last month. The top end jacket retailed for like £600/700 and resale was like £100/200 on top for a day or two after. Now they are selling for £500ish.

Wasn't aware of that, so thanks. Just had a look at the barbour collab on ebay, not selling at all!

Will try my luck and see what happens.
Trent
Trent avatar

1996 posts since 18/1/09

20 May 2020 17:06
Crackajack wrote: Never realised how professional this resell game was. Covid stopping the classic overnight queue aspect as well Sad

https://mobile.twitter.com/bonzayio

This one work? It's like 20 quid a month from the bio which is chump change if you're copping heaters every week or am I missing something?
Crackajack
Crackajack avatar

7665 posts since 21/4/05

20 May 2020 17:56
I think it's a selling / alerts platform to be used in conjunction with a bot and a proxy.
doug.
doug. avatar

1684 posts since 12/6/10

21 May 2020 10:01
just ordered a jacket manually, didn't seem too tricky. autofill worked fine for both my card and addresses respectively