Menswear: Supreme F/W 2012


Show original post
swede
swede avatar

7942 posts since 21/3/09

6 Jul 2012 11:10
Black Dice wrote: The people in this thread who constantly complain and snipe about the box logo cap/Tyler/Odd Future/Joey Essex-ification of Supreme on the one hand, whilst complaining that the Comme Des Garcons collaboration is 'shit' on the other, do make me smile.

I'm genuinely intrigued to know what they DO like about the brand, and so what motivates them to keep checking this thread and posting here ?

themistake
themistake avatar

10517 posts since 20/2/06

6 Jul 2012 11:14
yup thats right! the smugness, or the fact that i can walk into a shop that i pass nearly everyday, buy something. take 3 photos. put on ebay. and normally within 24hrs its sold for 110% profit.
to be honest, i sold fake supreme caps on ebay before the place was over run with them, i made about £2000 in a month.
Black Dice
Black Dice avatar

329 posts since 15/4/02

6 Jul 2012 11:25
themistake wrote: yup thats right! the smugness, or the fact that i can walk into a shop that i pass nearly everyday, buy something. take 3 photos. put on ebay. and normally within 24hrs its sold for 110% profit.
to be honest, i sold fake supreme caps on ebay before the place was over run with them, i made about £2000 in a month.

I think I know exactly who you are actually Sticking out tongue
deuce
deuce avatar

13667 posts since 21/1/08

6 Jul 2012 11:28
zoom
zoom avatar

6058 posts since 22/7/05

6 Jul 2012 11:29
And I think I know exactly who you are now! Actually I'm 99.9% certain your the bloke thats on the till in the shop. With a 2003 join date on here your too old to be one of the other guys that works in there. You know I'm right here! Your actually a sound bloke in reals!
EDW
EDW avatar

2581 posts since 23/2/10

6 Jul 2012 11:29
Dis getting weirddd
skream
skream avatar

983 posts since 23/10/11

6 Jul 2012 11:30
you never give me any stickers Cry
zoom
zoom avatar

6058 posts since 22/7/05

6 Jul 2012 11:31
squf wrote: you never give me any stickers Cry

Laughing out loud
themistake
themistake avatar

10517 posts since 20/2/06

6 Jul 2012 11:31
Black Dice wrote:
themistake wrote: yup thats right! the smugness, or the fact that i can walk into a shop that i pass nearly everyday, buy something. take 3 photos. put on ebay. and normally within 24hrs its sold for 110% profit.
to be honest, i sold fake supreme caps on ebay before the place was over run with them, i made about £2000 in a month.

I think I know exactly who you are actually Sticking out tongue


from what i just said, you have no idea who i am.
Casper13
Casper13 avatar

1492 posts since 14/3/11

6 Jul 2012 11:35
You're actually alright in real life if you are the bloke who zooms talking about
paint.ldn
paint.ldn avatar

709 posts since 20/11/11

6 Jul 2012 11:36
themistake wrote: to be honest, i sold fake supreme caps on ebay before the place was over run with them, i made about £2000 in a month.

Duttying is blest, but selling off fake supreme hats aint right. Thanks for contributing to the demise of the brand Eye-wink
themistake
themistake avatar

10517 posts since 20/2/06

6 Jul 2012 11:36
you are welcome my friend.
Noble Locks
Noble Locks avatar

66963 posts since 10/7/03

6 Jul 2012 11:38
Casper13 wrote: You're actually alright in real life if you are the bloke who zooms talking about
hes alright on here as well to be fair to him. he just defending a brand that he cares about and pays for him to eat.
swede
swede avatar

7942 posts since 21/3/09

6 Jul 2012 13:15
zoom wrote: And I think I know exactly who you are now! Actually I'm 99.9% certain your the bloke thats on the till in the shop. With a 2003 join date on here your too old to be one of the other guys that works in there. You know I'm right here! Your actually a sound bloke in reals!

detective zoom.

if you are the guy then i left my raybans in the changing room and came back 20 minutes later and you had picked them up and given them to me Cool
Trystero
Trystero avatar

1619 posts since 1/8/07

6 Jul 2012 13:59
Black Dice wrote: The people in this thread who constantly complain and snipe about the box logo cap/Tyler/Odd Future/Joey Essex-ification of Supreme on the one hand, whilst complaining that the Comme Des Garcons collaboration is 'shit' on the other, do make me smile.

I'm genuinely intrigued to know what they DO like about the brand, and so what motivates them to keep checking this thread and posting here ?

Assuming that this was directed at me as well as themistake, I think this is only the second or third post I've made in this thread. I don't remember ever complaining about the Tyler/Odd Future/Joey Essex-ification of Supreme on here either. The only thing that annoys me about the brand's current popularity is the droves of shit posters that have joined this forum as a result of this thread.

I don't understand why you seem to think that it's contradictory to criticise the types of people you mention and the CdG stuff. As collabs go, it's not that obscure or left field. I'm sure Tumblr is full of Joey-Essex types rocking CDG Play tat with their Supreme snapbacks. I'd hope that 'Comme des Fuckdown' cap-wearing Odd Future fans would also have some sort of awareness of the label.

I appreciate that the collection could have been much worse (e.g. BAPE x CdG) and I liked that they actually did something with the CdG shirt line, even if the result wasn't great, but I still think the Vans and polka dot stuff was complete crap.

In terms of what I do like about Supreme, mainly just some of the bands, musicians, artists etc that they've referenced and/or worked with. Not sure how sincere it all is though – I remember one season when they were releasing a load of straightedge hardcore tees (SSD, Youth Crew etc) alongside ashtrays and zippo lighters.

For the most part, the clothes have never interested me enough to warrant the trouble of trying to track stuff down in a size small, so the only stuff I own these days are various Vans/Nike/Clarks collabs, an obligatory box rogo hoody and the raindrop backpack. Still like all of this stuff though and would still like it if it was released today. I also like a lot of the decks that they've done in the past but I don't skate anymore and I'm not about to buy one to hang on a wall.

I mainly check this thread because it's always on the active thread lists on fuk and that is mainly what I read. I also find the hype and attendant levels of idiocy funny - people having breakdowns about not being able to get Kate posters – people spending hours sat refreshing the DSM e-shop rather than actually walking to the physical store – people paying money to wear t-shirts with mickey mouse/kermit the frog/dogfights/celebrity rapists on them. I could go on…
Mr 88
Mr 88 avatar

2501 posts since 1/4/09

6 Jul 2012 14:48
zoom wrote: And I think I know exactly who you are now! Actually I'm 99.9% certain your the bloke thats on the till in the shop. With a 2003 join date on here your too old to be one of the other guys that works in there. You know I'm right here! Your actually a sound bloke in reals!
Anto
Anto avatar

3555 posts since 19/1/12

6 Jul 2012 14:54
Very nice guy, if he is
gojira.
gojira. avatar

4624 posts since 3/5/05

6 Jul 2012 15:17
I quite like the low vans. Can't be bothered reading back 2 pages. Are there any left in DSM?
schtoop
schtoop avatar

12967 posts since 9/4/07

6 Jul 2012 18:55
so much supreme in the dm

zoom
zoom avatar

6058 posts since 22/7/05

6 Jul 2012 19:02