General Discussion: Tattoos * NSFW *


Conan
Conan avatar

102 posts since 3/1/06

8 Mar 2006 17:26
What do people generally think of them, who has got them etc??
mod*
mod* avatar

7034 posts since 25/3/04

8 Mar 2006 17:35
good designs are good.. but none of crap designs such as celtic bands and shit that you get out of books in the waiting room
Uncle bulgaria
Uncle bulgaria avatar

1476 posts since 3/7/05

8 Mar 2006 17:36
Loads of girls I know have large tatoos at the base of their back, but personally I think this makes them look like a hooker (since this is a look many adopt out here).

Smaller, more discreet ones on the foot or neck can be nice if done tastefully (as opposed to the one her mate Shazza did on her knuckles at school).

Content as well as quality can be an influencing factor as some designs can age badly (a smiley scid house symbol is so last decade for example).

Only my views of course

thanks

Iain
Opium
Opium avatar

2038 posts since 28/5/03

8 Mar 2006 17:37
I *think* Im getting one done at the wkend… a simple, tiny (as small as possible) solid black 5 pointed star at the top of my calf muscle… nothing that special I know - but I want it to represent the year 2005… Twas a very special year for me…
Rirawin
Rirawin avatar

9231 posts since 17/7/05

8 Mar 2006 17:38
nick
nick avatar

19733 posts since 2/5/03

8 Mar 2006 17:39
I've got several and I like them.
Conan
Conan avatar

102 posts since 3/1/06

8 Mar 2006 17:50
I'v always thought of getting one but a design just hasn't stood out for me yet. Not sure where I'd get it either
Norvern Rob
Norvern Rob avatar

814 posts since 5/3/05

8 Mar 2006 17:51
I've got one on the top of my back. in the middle. Never get bored of it as i can only see it using a mirror. Laughing out loud
TedMaul
TedMaul avatar

979 posts since 16/3/03

8 Mar 2006 17:56
on girls-mostly shit, although fern cottons look really good IMO

fhm collections got designers to do some a few years back, i remember d squared, hedi slimane, john richmond and paul & Joe i think. homer had the dior one as his avatar a while back, it looked quite good. i was considering getting it on my lower back
Rebekki
Rebekki avatar

934 posts since 15/6/05

8 Mar 2006 17:57
TedMaul wrote: on girls-mostly shit, although fern cottons look really good IMO

fhm collections got designers to do some a few years back, i remember d squared, hedi slimane, john richmond and paul & Joe i think. homer had the dior one as his avatar a while back, it looked quite good. i was considering getting it on my lower back

hasn't she got ferns tattooed on her feet?
TedMaul
TedMaul avatar

979 posts since 16/3/03

8 Mar 2006 18:00
dunno about her feet but she has a fern going up her midriff and a few oriental ones dotted around
nightofjoy
nightofjoy avatar

470 posts since 8/2/06

8 Mar 2006 18:05
I'd say always try & design your own, or if you're unable to, find a friend that's good at art & have some discussions about a theme. Try & find something you're not as likely to see on anyone else….

Inspiration can come from anywhere. If you're going for a single colour, like black, try going through magazines, books & comics with a red ballpoint pen, and outlining areas of shape or pattern, or even just bits of images to see what they'd look like on their own, filled in solid…..

Failing that, have an onion tattooed on your chin. Always certain to start a conversation.
illwill
illwill avatar

3593 posts since 17/5/04

8 Mar 2006 18:19
Tattoos on girls are a big fucking turn-off for me. especially those shits on the small of the back. it definately does just make you look like a whore.

i cant even stand to watch any porno where the girl has tats. totally spoils any illusion for me. its a real deal-breaker.

on blokes, in my opinion, its gotta be all or nothing. it cant just be some small thing on your leg or something. its gotta be some massive design covering your whole torso or shoulders. sleeves are pretty cool also.

despite being a little homo, i think this chap looks fucking awesome.
also, you gotta be pretty buffed to makes tats look at all good. too skinny and you look like a brownhead. too fat and you look like a chelsea fan.
shorty
shorty avatar

6805 posts since 16/4/03

8 Mar 2006 18:29
stars for me on both my feet and more to come in july
MrPlatinum
MrPlatinum avatar

8939 posts since 24/2/04

8 Mar 2006 18:30
illwill wrote: despite being a little homo, i think this chap looks fucking awesome.

i think he looks like quite a big homo
Rirawin
Rirawin avatar

9231 posts since 17/7/05

8 Mar 2006 18:31
MrPlatinum wrote:
illwill wrote: despite being a little homo, i think this chap looks fucking awesome.

i think he looks like quite a big homo

But you like em big.
MrPlatinum
MrPlatinum avatar

8939 posts since 24/2/04

8 Mar 2006 18:32
Rirawin wrote:
MrPlatinum wrote:
illwill wrote: despite being a little homo, i think this chap looks fucking awesome.

i think he looks like quite a big homo

But you like em big.

busted Oops Laughing out loud
Norvern Rob
Norvern Rob avatar

814 posts since 5/3/05

8 Mar 2006 18:35
nightofjoy wrote: I'd say always try & design your own, or if you're unable to, find a friend that's good at art & have some discussions about a theme. Try & find something you're not as likely to see on anyone else….

Inspiration can come from anywhere. If you're going for a single colour, like black, try going through magazines, books & comics with a red ballpoint pen, and outlining areas of shape or pattern, or even just bits of images to see what they'd look like on their own, filled in solid…..

Failing that, have an onion tattooed on your chin. Always certain to start a conversation.

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud X10
illwill
illwill avatar

3593 posts since 17/5/04

8 Mar 2006 18:39
i thought this was hilarious when i first saw it.

Luke
Luke avatar

5711 posts since 21/1/03

8 Mar 2006 18:42
has anyone seen any of the Taylor Bow porn on the net? She has a huge one over her back (don't think its finished) and i think that looks cool. But tattoos are one of those things that you think are good for a few months then grow tired of… i've always said that if i got one, i'd decide on the design and wait a year, if i still wanted it then i'd do it. It would also have to mean something to me as well