General Discussion: Tattoos * NSFW *


Show original post
india
india avatar

5661 posts since 31/10/05

28 Feb 2013 20:23
go on then, what's the family motto?
Jackmmd
Jackmmd avatar

286 posts since 15/4/12

28 Feb 2013 20:25
Mr X wrote: Don't think there's a problem if you get a tat because you like the look or because it was/is cool - not everyone gets a tat because it has to have a deep personal meaning but it is interesting if there is some reasoning.


lew909 wrote: more what it represents isn't it?

I also fully agree with that, granted the vast majority of my tattoos mean absolutely nothing and I just love the design, however the ones I have got for a reason aren't necessarily the best done but they will always be my favorites and you seem less of a dick when explaining to a random why you got it Laughing out loud
deuce
deuce avatar

13638 posts since 21/1/08

28 Feb 2013 20:36
Sneakysbest wrote: sometimes i think the going for a tattoo because it is cool can really backfire, the only tattoo i have is the family motto, on my shoudler out of sight, so get personal meaning and i think thats most important as even when i get much older and people ask about it ill say its the family motto which all the males in my family have tattoed, not because i thought it was cool…
just my two cents Smiling
did you ever feature on miami ink with that lovely story?
Jackmmd
Jackmmd avatar

286 posts since 15/4/12

28 Feb 2013 20:36
Laughing out loud
Sneakysbest
Sneakysbest avatar

1893 posts since 28/1/12

28 Feb 2013 20:40
haha i didn't would have fitted the part well though
gawkrodger
gawkrodger avatar

7488 posts since 4/11/08

28 Feb 2013 21:18
t-shirt printed by my mates for another mates tattoo shop

robii
robii avatar

18857 posts since 8/9/06

28 Feb 2013 21:29
india wrote: go on then, what's the family motto?
RAMBO
RAMBO avatar

745 posts since 27/11/09

28 Feb 2013 22:04
HiFi wrote: How isn't that a good tattoo?

poor shading, wonky lines , perspective….general artistic talent
generic_guy
generic_guy avatar

9218 posts since 16/9/02

28 Feb 2013 22:20
robii wrote:
india wrote: go on then, what's the family motto?

"AMICI PRAE FORNICARIIS"
robii
robii avatar

18857 posts since 8/9/06

28 Feb 2013 23:04
Laughing out loud
bill
bill avatar

4905 posts since 5/8/09

1 Mar 2013 00:39
How can you constructively criticise a tattoo? Shouldn't that be done before it's inked on your body for your entire life.

'Nice tattoo but needs to be less shit, back it'

And I think it's a good tattoo btw, I'd always be looking at it thinking, is the stem of the chalice under or in front of the cup. Thought provoking like all good tattoo's.
DY
DY avatar

9618 posts since 9/6/11

1 Mar 2013 00:52
Jackmmd wrote:


Had this done by Sam Ricketts a while ago, would definitely recommend for solid colour work. Located in Swindon.
Laughing out loud
Dreep
Dreep avatar

1207 posts since 29/7/08

1 Mar 2013 02:44
Might aswell post mine that i've had for months, both these taken while fresh


Going to be getting a couple more next month
eazypz
eazypz avatar

2979 posts since 16/4/10

1 Mar 2013 09:37
Second one looks prison quality Laughing out loud
What style is that?
Dreep
Dreep avatar

1207 posts since 29/7/08

1 Mar 2013 10:59
Guess thats a good thing then considering it's a russian criminal tattoo Smiling
http://fuel-design.com/russian-criminal-tattoo-archive/drawings/
Jackmmd
Jackmmd avatar

286 posts since 15/4/12

1 Mar 2013 11:16
bill wrote: How can you constructively criticise a tattoo? Shouldn't that be done before it's inked on your body for your entire life.

'Nice tattoo but needs to be less shit, back it'

And I think it's a good tattoo btw, I'd always be looking at it thinking, is the stem of the chalice under or in front of the cup. Thought provoking like all good tattoo's.

Thanks man! I think you can constructively criticise the design of a tattoo as everyone has a different taste, just how everyone does with fashion, I like the design and would change a thing, but I'm fully open to other peoples opinions on it!

I think people get hung up on the idea of it being "inked on your body for your entire life" as I'm not particularly bothered, I work in an industry where it isn't ever going to be an issue and I never get them without some thought Smiling
deuce
deuce avatar

13638 posts since 21/1/08

1 Mar 2013 11:31
Sneakysbest wrote: sometimes i think the going for a tattoo because it is cool can really backfire, the only tattoo i have is the family motto, on my shoudler out of sight, so get personal meaning and i think thats most important as even when i get much older and people ask about it ill say its the family motto which all the males in my family have tattoed, not because i thought it was cool…
just my two cents Smiling
Bump, what's your family motto?
hate
hate avatar

1571 posts since 4/1/12

1 Mar 2013 11:39
Dreep wrote: Guess thats a good thing then considering it's a russian criminal tattoo Smiling
http://fuel-design.com/russian-criminal-tattoo-archive/drawings/
have you been in a russian prison?
eazypz
eazypz avatar

2979 posts since 16/4/10

1 Mar 2013 13:54
Got a mate who paid £1.50 inside to get a tatt of pretty much the same quality. How much did you pay?

Also, Laughing out loud
robii
robii avatar

18857 posts since 8/9/06

1 Mar 2013 19:04
bill wrote: And I think it's a good tattoo btw, I'd always be looking at it thinking, is the stem of the chalice under or in front of the cup. Thought provoking like all good tattoo's.

Laughing out loud