General Discussion: Tattoos * NSFW *


Show original post
morning mist
morning mist avatar

3639 posts since 29/5/05

25 Mar 2006 03:51
whats your point? Dont think before you get a tattoo?
jimbck
jimbck avatar

18 posts since 25/3/06

25 Mar 2006 03:56
No thats not my point. Im not even hating for no reason, threads like this are a personal pet hate of mine.

This thread is 7 pages long, how many people actually have tattoos on it? How many people talk about wanting one? How may people will get one?
Fair enough people think about if they want one or not but in my experience its the people who talk the most are least likely to get one.

peas.
morning mist
morning mist avatar

3639 posts since 29/5/05

25 Mar 2006 04:10
so your hating because you got tattooes and people that talk about getting might not get them. that makes perfect sense…..
jimbck
jimbck avatar

18 posts since 25/3/06

25 Mar 2006 04:13
Pretty much, makes perfect sense to me. In my experience people talk for the sake of talking so they feel they can be part of something, but the majority of people who talk about tattoos don't get one. A reason why most reputable artists take deposists nowadays.
morning mist
morning mist avatar

3639 posts since 29/5/05

25 Mar 2006 08:44
and how many people have you talked about with this? 10? 100? 1000? 10.000? I wouldnt go so far as to say what other people think or feel. You dont get tattooed for the sake of getting tattooed. You might like the idea of having one but after som thought or research you dont find anything you feel like having on you body.

3 stars on our wrist dont look good when your 40 years old and dont got the same lifestyle, maybe they decide its not woth it.

People that get them for the only reason of having them is the ones that see themself as badasses. It fits there "image".
kenty
kenty avatar

1828 posts since 6/5/05

25 Mar 2006 09:53
mr.white wrote: robbie williams has the number of his mates intials, and his mate has robbies.. e.g 1823 = rw
speechless.
jimbck
jimbck avatar

18 posts since 25/3/06

25 Mar 2006 11:43
anddy wrote: and how many people have you talked about with this? 10? 100? 1000? 10.000? I wouldnt go so far as to say what other people think or feel. You dont get tattooed for the sake of getting tattooed. You might like the idea of having one but after som thought or research you dont find anything you feel like having on you body.

3 stars on our wrist dont look good when your 40 years old and dont got the same lifestyle, maybe they decide its not woth it.

People that get them for the only reason of having them is the ones that see themself as badasses. It fits there "image".

How many people did you talk to in order to gather that? 10? 100? 1000? 10,000?

I have near 40 hours of work on me, as i figured that if i had loads of colourful pretty pictures over my body it would detract people away from looking at my bright ginger hair, and to some extent it works quite well, obviously i get the occasional bully who just chases me down Aberdeen High Street screaming "I'm gonna stab ye, ye ginga twat ya", but thats just i something ive learned to live with over the years as a ginge……… Anyway, back on topic, a long term client of mine (I'm a rent boy to goth/biker/tattoed/peirced types) is a tattoo/piercing artist, and I have probably sucked off or been bummed by more than 200/300 people with tattos this month alone, through his recomendations and 'doing' him for free. Cool
mr.white
mr.white avatar

17101 posts since 10/7/04

25 Mar 2006 11:46
you gonna stick around jimbck ? Laughing out loud
jimbck
jimbck avatar

18 posts since 25/3/06

25 Mar 2006 11:49
I maybe will, but having had a pop at a mod with 20,000 posts and a few other users is never a good start.

My particpiation in this thread is not me widning people up deliberatley (like the other one), just my genuine opinion.
morning mist
morning mist avatar

3639 posts since 29/5/05

25 Mar 2006 11:52
dont know any tattooer, but alot of tattoo freaks. All of them got there tattooes because they mean something to them, not just because it looks cool, as lets say alot of tribals.


People that get them for the only reason of having them is the ones that see themself as badasses. It fits there "image".

that part was just poorly written, what I wanted to say is what I said above.
jimbck
jimbck avatar

18 posts since 25/3/06

25 Mar 2006 12:07
anddy wrote: dont know any tattooer, but alot of tattoo freaks. All of them got there tattooes because they mean something to them, not just because it looks cool, as lets say alot of tribals.

Ah ok understood, I agree 100%. Tribals are hideous.

In all honesty I can say my first 2 meant something to me and the one after was solely because I liked the art.
nick
nick avatar

19734 posts since 2/5/03

25 Mar 2006 12:12
If people just want to talk about getting a tattoo so what ?
anadin
anadin avatar

6650 posts since 24/5/05

25 Mar 2006 13:09
I JUST GOT A TATTOO Laughing out loud

I woke up, looked at this thread and thought "no one will really have the balls" so i thought i'd lead the way
Noble Locks
Noble Locks avatar

66963 posts since 10/7/03

25 Mar 2006 13:10
anadin wrote: I JUST GOT A TATTOO Laughing out loud

I woke up, looked at this thread and thought "no one will really have the balls" so i thought i'd lead the way
PICS [size=24]NOW!!!!!!!![/size] Cool
anadin
anadin avatar

6650 posts since 24/5/05

25 Mar 2006 13:17
I promise you yesterday i never would have got a tattoo, and it's just to get you guys going!

Never done anything more spontanious in my life

Noble Locks
Noble Locks avatar

66963 posts since 10/7/03

25 Mar 2006 13:18
where is it? cool tho mate, cool.
anadin
anadin avatar

6650 posts since 24/5/05

25 Mar 2006 13:21
in line with my right nipple, half way between nipple and belly button

when they were doing the bit that's on my ribs, it FUCKING HURT
anadin
anadin avatar

6650 posts since 24/5/05

25 Mar 2006 13:21
oh and it was £70 for about 3cm x 3cm
purple
purple avatar

2981 posts since 16/1/06

25 Mar 2006 13:26
anadin wrote: oh and it was £70 for about 3cm x 3cm

£70!! :o
gojira.
gojira. avatar

4624 posts since 3/5/05

25 Mar 2006 13:35
Pricey!


I have an awful one, when i was about 16 i went and got a star on my ankle!

and its pink!!