General Discussion: The Clubbing Thread


Show original post
Charles Winthorpe III
Charles Winthorpe III avatar

5474 posts since 29/7/05

17 Dec 2010 14:09
vath?

i like him a lot..
party techno which is hard to do as it's hard to get people to let go on a techno night.

http://soundcloud.com/search?q%5Bfulltext%5D=sven+vath
check some of his mixes out. .another guy who is technically very very tight.
figurine
figurine avatar

5764 posts since 14/5/07

17 Dec 2010 14:20
billy ray valentine wrote: i'm gonna head to pp for mcde this sat.. he was supposed to play there earlier this year but warm had some issues with pp which meant it was called off late.
Motor City Drum Ensemble is at Plastic People tonight, he's playing Belfast tomorrow night. It got called off earlier in the year cause of the volcanic ash cloud I thought. If the snow means he can't make it here tomorrow night I'll be raging.
Charles Winthorpe III
Charles Winthorpe III avatar

5474 posts since 29/7/05

17 Dec 2010 14:27
shit..
i thought it was tomorrow?
fuck.
you might be right about the ash clouds, rings a bell now.. i know warm had a bit of a hiatus due to problems with pp after their refit.

damn. got my dates messed up.
greg wilson at east village it is tomorrow then.
soul_stylist
soul_stylist avatar

188 posts since 23/9/08

17 Dec 2010 16:48
billy ray valentine wrote: shit..
i thought it was tomorrow?
fuck.
you might be right about the ash clouds, rings a bell now.. i know warm had a bit of a hiatus due to problems with pp after their refit.

damn. got my dates messed up.
greg wilson at east village it is tomorrow then.

Know a few people going to this…

Andy Bird is playing with him isn't he? He's another underated DJ - Was super fly at Love Fever!
Charles Winthorpe III
Charles Winthorpe III avatar

5474 posts since 29/7/05

17 Dec 2010 17:03
yeah, andy bird is on the same line up.
love fever are also playing with mcde at the nest.

would fancy this on nye if i was here.


InWonderland
InWonderland avatar

2658 posts since 8/2/07

17 Dec 2010 17:05
^ Going to that, and its NYD, not eve..
Charles Winthorpe III
Charles Winthorpe III avatar

5474 posts since 29/7/05

17 Dec 2010 17:09
oh yeah.. i land around 2 on nyd.
nice
gonna put the feelers out.

soul_stylist
soul_stylist avatar

188 posts since 23/9/08

17 Dec 2010 19:21
To be honest, Motor City Drum Ensemble arn't my cup of tea…I tend to find it a bit down-key for my liking.

Do you ever go to Electic Minds? Was at the last one when tehy shut the power off at about 4.00 am - Bill Brewster was worth it though, he dropped that Dimitri From Paris edit of Princes' I wanna be your love, mid set and it went up.

Get Down good wasn't a bad night at Nomad the day after, the residents were class - Cottam was heading the bill but was well off the mark… Was speaking to him afterwards, he was proper pissed off with himself.

You're obviously into your stuff though, check out my blog when you get 5 -

www.sinisterdelicious.blogspot.com

and also one I do with a mate - www.theboogiecartel.blogspot.com

Think they might be up your strasse!
Pauly
Pauly avatar

1910 posts since 1/1/10

17 Dec 2010 19:47
mr.white wrote: never seen derrick carter, thinking about this nye.

New Year's Eve Party [NYE], Nic Fanciulli, Derrick Carter, Audio Bullys, James Zabiela, Global Underground at Q Club (Que Club) on Friday 31st Dec 2010

Derrick Carter's quailty, saw him playing with Mark Farina in NY. He's not a lazy DJ, and when 1am hits he doesn't stick a couple of tracks on loop and hope none of the drug fuelled crowd realise.
DuffMan
DuffMan avatar

14288 posts since 21/2/07

18 Dec 2010 00:05
Do any decent djs who people actually go to club nights specifically to see though?
MCR-Ben
MCR-Ben avatar

173 posts since 30/11/07

18 Dec 2010 00:28
yeh i will definitely go to nights to see one dj in particular. When you have seen most of the regulars at house music nights you are forced to target certain djs..

At the moment the dj's on my hitlist are: Soul Clap, Kyle Hall, Tommyfourseven, butane, isolee, Larry Heard (missed him last week!!), Mount Kimbie (who I am not particularly arsed about, but just want to see what the hype is about), Chris Carrier and Francios K..

good mix of new & old..
MCR-Ben
MCR-Ben avatar

173 posts since 30/11/07

18 Dec 2010 00:36
Pretty funny xmas mix from yousef:

http://soundcloud.com/yousef/yousef-invites-you-to-chirstmas-at-the-movies

includes elf sample..
DuffMan
DuffMan avatar

14288 posts since 21/2/07

18 Dec 2010 00:41
I meant that decent DJs obviously don't do this

Pauly Dee wrote: when 1am hits he doesn't stick a couple of tracks on loop and hope none of the drug fuelled crowd realise.

Standard to go to nights to see a particular dj
soul_stylist
soul_stylist avatar

188 posts since 23/9/08

18 Dec 2010 00:42
MCR-Ben wrote: yeh i will definitely go to nights to see one dj in particular. When you have seen most of the regulars at house music nights you are forced to target certain djs..

At the moment the dj's on my hitlist are: Soul Clap, Kyle Hall, Tommyfourseven, butane, isolee, Larry Heard (missed him last week!!), Mount Kimbie (who I am not particularly arsed about, but just want to see what the hype is about), Chris Carrier and Francios K..

good mix of new & old..

Can't wait to see Soul Clap either… Missed them a few months back in Bristol and was devastated.

Proper party DJs in my book
InWonderland
InWonderland avatar

2658 posts since 8/2/07

18 Dec 2010 00:50
MCR-Ben wrote: yeh i will definitely go to nights to see one dj in particular. When you have seen most of the regulars at house music nights you are forced to target certain djs..

At the moment the dj's on my hitlist are: Soul Clap, Kyle Hall, Tommyfourseven, butane, isolee, Larry Heard (missed him last week!!), Mount Kimbie (who I am not particularly arsed about, but just want to see what the hype is about), Chris Carrier and Francios K..

good mix of new & old..

He's my friend…

Anyway, yeah I always go to nights to hear particular DJs.. surely thats what would draw you to the event in the first place?
MCR-Ben
MCR-Ben avatar

173 posts since 30/11/07

18 Dec 2010 00:57
Really? thats awesome. I have been wanting to see him for ages, you rate you could get him over here on the cheap? Id love to book him & I may have an opportunity in the summer. I love his dark brand of minimal, he has just done a CLR prodcast, have not had chance to listen to it because my ipod is broke but I bet its pretty pumping..

From what I have heard of Soulclap it sounds like they do a lot of their work on Ableton & I'm not sure what their dj sets will be like, but I deffo agree SS
soul_stylist
soul_stylist avatar

188 posts since 23/9/08

18 Dec 2010 01:04
MCR-Ben wrote: Really? thats awesome. I have been wanting to see him for ages, you rate you could get him over here on the cheap? Id love to book him & I may have an opportunity in the summer. I love his dark brand of minimal, he has just done a CLR prodcast, have not had chance to listen to it because my ipod is broke but I bet its pretty pumping..

From what I have heard of Soulclap it sounds like they do a lot of their work on Ableton & I'm not sure what their dj sets will be like, but I deffo agree SS

http://soundcloud.com/soulclap/live-sunday-school-for-degenerates

One of my Fav mixes from the past year… Opening Steve Hurley record is double tasty. This is what I mean by Soul Clap being Party DJs… You'd have to be Douglas Bader not to dance to this!
Pauly
Pauly avatar

1910 posts since 1/1/10

18 Dec 2010 01:22
DuffMan wrote: I meant that decent DJs obviously don't do this

Pauly Dee wrote: when 1am hits he doesn't stick a couple of tracks on loop and hope none of the drug fuelled crowd realise.

Standard to go to nights to see a particular dj

Yeah, but some, top of my head, Felix da Housecat when I went to see Armand van Helden a few years ago, was a lazy effing DJ. My My wear a bit lazy, playing a similar sounng beat for an hour and a half. The crowd wen't happy.

Top of my list at the moment are Jimpster, Pezzner Shur-I-Kan and Manuel Tur + to a certain extent Stacey Pullen.

Saw Crazy P do a live set a couple of years ago and they were brilliant imo.
carl lewis
carl lewis avatar

23648 posts since 14/10/04

18 Dec 2010 10:24
Went University of Dub, King Alpha defo the ones to watch…Irration better get ready to move aside!!
billybrown
billybrown avatar

3115 posts since 30/9/07

18 Dec 2010 20:02
+1 on the MCDE, never heard of him/them before, sound Cool