General Discussion: Top 5 fragrances anyone?


Show original post
beenbuRned
beenbuRned avatar

935 posts since 16/12/03

10 Jun 2019 20:39
Is CDG Girl still going for low prices or have the been bumped up again?
padawan
padawan avatar

4011 posts since 27/6/03

11 Jun 2019 12:02
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-7127555/The-perfume-people-want-smell-like-SEMEN-inspired-AIDS-epidemic.html

MoB
MoB avatar

36609 posts since 31/8/04

11 Jun 2019 14:29
beenbuRned wrote: Is CDG Girl still going for low prices or have the been bumped up again?

https://www.directcosmetics.com/shop/product/70349?ref=google1906&gclid;=Cj0KCQjwov3nBRDFARIsANgsdoGIO3o4pskVwAWv9N-LhZHF0pmtzLTj40LSctiJpaf6Utzx5YM3S6oaAr9-EALw_wcB
jplxx
jplxx avatar

1146 posts since 3/11/09

11 Jun 2019 16:07

whys it so cheap?
YLAup
YLAup avatar

5079 posts since 5/9/11

11 Jun 2019 16:21
Because it's absolutely horrible. Smells like burnt plastic and Parma violets.
jplxx
jplxx avatar

1146 posts since 3/11/09

11 Jun 2019 16:36
isn't it a comme fragrance retailing like £80 before? i never smelt it. hinoki has been my only fragrance for almost a decade
TheTiger
TheTiger avatar

3653 posts since 23/2/03

11 Jun 2019 17:12
Recent pickups:

Frederic Malle Cologne Indelebile - obsessed with this one at the moment, gets so many compliments and is just the perfect all rounder imho.

Byredo Palermo - is a bit harsh on the initial spray but the dry down is lovely for a summer citrus.

Mont Blanc Explorer - bought it as I wanted a cheap Aventus style scent, but way too smoky for my liking - much much prefer Zara Vibrant Leather, even if the performance is shit.
billybrown
billybrown avatar

3112 posts since 30/9/07

12 Jun 2019 08:19
YLAup wrote: Because it's absolutely horrible. Smells like burnt plastic and Parma violets.
DDasein
DDasein avatar

33 posts since 30/5/13

12 Jun 2019 09:16
TheTiger wrote: Recent pickups:

Frederic Malle Cologne Indelebile - obsessed with this one at the moment, gets so many compliments and is just the perfect all rounder imho.

Byredo Palermo - is a bit harsh on the initial spray but the dry down is lovely for a summer citrus.

Mont Blanc Explorer - bought it as I wanted a cheap Aventus style scent, but way too smoky for my liking - much much prefer Zara Vibrant Leather, even if the performance is shit.

Cologne Indelebile is decent. French Lover is a personal favourite by Frederic Malle, ridiculous name though. Earthy and fresh at the same time.
MoB
MoB avatar

36609 posts since 31/8/04

12 Jun 2019 09:29
YLAup wrote: Because it's absolutely horrible. Smells like burnt plastic and Parma violets.

I get why people don't like it, luckily i do! it's my day scent not nearly as many compliments as normal CDG fragrances is but still have people asking what it is.
wearethedreamteam
wearethedreamteam avatar

18 posts since 12/6/19

12 Jun 2019 15:55
Anyone know if the versace pour homme is worth getting? Or should I invest in something a bit more expensive like paco rabanne 1 million?
MoB
MoB avatar

36609 posts since 31/8/04

13 Jun 2019 11:11
Having to stock piling this wherever i can get it
Dee
Dee avatar

11094 posts since 22/11/07

13 Jun 2019 13:18
Where you buying from, ebay?

Couldn't find any for ages and started using the original EDP.
MoB
MoB avatar

36609 posts since 31/8/04

13 Jun 2019 13:24
I've had a couple from ebay but some of them want silly money. Found two bottles on amazon from an italian seller and managed to get them for £60 each
Toasted
Toasted avatar

1650 posts since 15/10/09

13 Jun 2019 15:23
Such a good smell
sofashionmuchamaze
sofashionmuchamaze avatar

703 posts since 12/12/13

13 Jun 2019 17:16
wearethedreamteam wrote: Anyone know if the versace pour homme is worth getting? Or should I invest in something a bit more expensive like paco rabanne 1 million?

Pour homme is ok, 1 million is played out and personally never liked it. You're better off buying several cheapies than 1 overly marketed scent. Check this for example 5 Very Good, Cheap Fragrances/Colognes .
wearethedreamteam
wearethedreamteam avatar

18 posts since 12/6/19

14 Jun 2019 10:05
sofashionmuchamaze wrote:
wearethedreamteam wrote: Anyone know if the versace pour homme is worth getting? Or should I invest in something a bit more expensive like paco rabanne 1 million?

Pour homme is ok, 1 million is played out and personally never liked it. You're better off buying several cheapies than 1 overly marketed scent. Check this for example 5 Very Good, Cheap Fragrances/Colognes .

Cheers! There are some good ones in there. I've always gone for the expensive ones myself, but might have to change tact
sofashionmuchamaze
sofashionmuchamaze avatar

703 posts since 12/12/13

14 Jun 2019 10:29
There are exceptions, but when you stay in designer (as apposed to niche), the price is mostly marketing. For example 1 million is not high quality at all.

Picked up Montblanc Explorer myself after sniffing at the airport, it's really close gents. Might sell my Aventus flacon.
fudge.dredd
fudge.dredd avatar

493 posts since 15/12/12

posted 14 Jun 2019 19:29, edited 14 Jun 2019 19:29


Always worth having..
FLG
FLG avatar

5857 posts since 21/5/04

posted 14 Jun 2019 23:52, edited 14 Jun 2019 23:52
MoB wrote: I've had a couple from ebay but some of them want silly money. Found two bottles on amazon from an italian seller and managed to get them for £60 each
Is 888 discontinued!?
Edit - it is Cry CDG make so many shit fragrances, why ditch this one!?