General Discussion: Top 5 fragrances anyone?


Show original post
krisricey
krisricey avatar

2176 posts since 24/3/12

27 Nov 2019 15:30
Just been online to look at picking up some sample bottles. Fucking stupid money on eBay so I will wait until I'm next in the City or somewhere which sells it - Black Pepper or Wonderoud sound good though
Burt
Burt avatar

5938 posts since 3/1/10

27 Nov 2019 15:38
Wonderoud is magic, kris.
MoB
MoB avatar

36852 posts since 31/8/04

27 Nov 2019 16:59
wonderoud is worn on occasions, black pepper daily ftw
Razorlight123
Razorlight123 avatar

4611 posts since 13/1/10

posted 27 Nov 2019 18:04, edited 27 Nov 2019 18:04
Still on sale here Kris:

CDG Blackpepper 100ml for £76.40 incl. free next day del. if collect from local ASDA

Possible furthers with Quidco… (Recommend this Chrome Extension: https://www.quidco.com/cashback-reminder/)

https://www.feelunique.com/p/Comme-Des-Garcons-Blackpepper-Eau-de-Parfum-100ml?curr=GBP

Escentual have price matches too.
Kingmob07
Kingmob07 avatar

8982 posts since 11/5/07

27 Nov 2019 18:06
krisricey wrote: Been wearing CDG 2 Man for donkeys, want to switch to another daily CDG fragrance. What's peoples recommendations? From memory the Wonderwood and Amazinggreen are nice?

CDG Black is my favourite. Wounderoud is also v. nice.
Razorlight123
Razorlight123 avatar

4611 posts since 13/1/10

posted 27 Nov 2019 18:48, edited 27 Nov 2019 18:48
Anyone used any decent refillable travel atomisers that they can reccomend at all?

I've used the cheap ones but found that they leak at the bottom.
toin
toin avatar

1778 posts since 1/4/13

27 Nov 2019 19:18
Burt wrote: Doris - oooh, you smell fresh, whatcha wearing?
toin - Frederic Malle's French Lover *winks*


Laughing out loud
Guess thats why its called differently in the US. Its a great scent if you manage to get over the silly name tho
LFC
LFC avatar

4400 posts since 14/6/11

27 Nov 2019 23:36
Ormonde Jayne are having a 33% discount for black Friday.
krisricey
krisricey avatar

2176 posts since 24/3/12

28 Nov 2019 09:28
Cheers all. Definitely going to look into picking one of those up soon - I'll have a hunt in Brighton at the weekend to see if anywhere sells CDG fragrances too.
R
R avatar

13038 posts since 17/5/03

posted 28 Nov 2019 10:36, edited 28 Nov 2019 10:36
R wrote:
LFC wrote: Few people in my work have tried them. They are ok but not great lasting they have said. Ok for the money I’ve been told.

For a cheaper alternative to more expensive fragrance I’ve found Eden to be really good. £24 for 50ml, the Virgin Island Water and BR540 they do is really good which are the ones I’ve tried.

Got this in the Harrods 10% off as it’s an exclusive for there. Nothing but compliments so far and long lasting. Thomas Kosmala No.4


cheers for the recommendation. been using a sample of BR540 and I like it, but maybe slightly too feminine. picked this up today and it's great.

not a reason to buy it, but never worn a fragrance that gets so many (positive) comments
Doogan
Doogan avatar

707 posts since 13/4/14

28 Nov 2019 10:50
Creed is discounted at Liberty but probably still cheaper at nose.com anyway
MoB
MoB avatar

36852 posts since 31/8/04

28 Nov 2019 10:51
Doogan wrote: Creed is discounted at Liberty but probably still cheaper at nose.com anyway

Smelling Aventus everywhere in the city these days
Doogan
Doogan avatar

707 posts since 13/4/14

28 Nov 2019 12:17
MoB wrote:
Doogan wrote: Creed is discounted at Liberty but probably still cheaper at nose.com anyway

Smelling Aventus everywhere in the city these days

It's nice but doesn't last long so probably not worth the bucks.

I'll probably try the Eden copy when my bottle runs out.
Doogan
Doogan avatar

707 posts since 13/4/14

28 Nov 2019 23:41
Anyone got Aqua Di Parma Colonia? It's much cheaper than a lot of their other fragrances. I'm guessing it doesn't last very long.
YLAup
YLAup avatar

5344 posts since 5/9/11

28 Nov 2019 23:49
^love that stuff, silage is average
LFC
LFC avatar

4400 posts since 14/6/11

29 Nov 2019 08:25
R wrote:
R wrote:
LFC wrote: Few people in my work have tried them. They are ok but not great lasting they have said. Ok for the money I’ve been told.

For a cheaper alternative to more expensive fragrance I’ve found Eden to be really good. £24 for 50ml, the Virgin Island Water and BR540 they do is really good which are the ones I’ve tried.

Got this in the Harrods 10% off as it’s an exclusive for there. Nothing but compliments so far and long lasting. Thomas Kosmala No.4


cheers for the recommendation. been using a sample of BR540 and I like it, but maybe slightly too feminine. picked this up today and it's great.

not a reason to buy it, but never worn a fragrance that gets so many (positive) comments

Ubercool Probably the buy of the year for me. I’ve had strangers tapping me asking what it is when worn so I get this.
Doogan
Doogan avatar

707 posts since 13/4/14

posted 29 Nov 2019 11:01, edited 29 Nov 2019 11:01
Aye? I'll have a smell at lunchtime. Colonia only £41 for 100ml
Doogan
Doogan avatar

707 posts since 13/4/14

29 Nov 2019 11:04
edit, read that wrong…
Sumbeam
Sumbeam avatar

863 posts since 27/1/11

29 Nov 2019 11:41
Doogan wrote: Aye? I'll have a smell at lunchtime. Colonia only £41 for 100ml
Where you seen it at that price mate?
Doogan
Doogan avatar

707 posts since 13/4/14

29 Nov 2019 12:49
It'a actually aftershave tonic which I'm guessing is weak? £42.40

https://www.johnlewis.com/acqua-di-parma-colonia-aftershave-tonic-100ml/p667391