Menswear: Wedding suit


chelseaguy12
chelseaguy12 avatar

1 posts since 17/8/16

17 Aug 2016 05:42
I wondered what the opinion is on a suit I have worn once which is a fairly shinny metallic blue? It is a bespoke MTM and fits nicely but is this type of fabric history?

Thanks

N
illwill
illwill avatar

3973 posts since 17/5/04

17 Aug 2016 10:15
If someone showed up to my wedding in a suit like that I would ban him from the photos
chinaski
chinaski avatar

336 posts since 15/7/10

18 Aug 2016 16:23
hahaha
illwill
illwill avatar

3973 posts since 17/5/04

posted 21 Aug 2016 09:54, edited 21 Aug 2016 09:54
Yay/nay? Laughing out loud

pentonville
pentonville avatar

576 posts since 12/3/12

posted 21 Aug 2016 12:44, edited 21 Aug 2016 12:44
Love how a wedding sends the banter crew into a spin

Went to one recently, guy in a terrible 3 piece Reiss suit, thick dress shirt, wool tie, cheap brown suede loafers and no socks.


His mate was wearing belt, braces, tie clip, and collar pin, buckaroo style. And a fresh Giroud haircut Laughing out loud
pentonville
pentonville avatar

576 posts since 12/3/12

21 Aug 2016 13:00
chelseaguy12 wrote: I wondered what the opinion is on a suit I have worn once which is a fairly shinny metallic blue? It is a bespoke MTM and fits nicely but is this type of fabric history?

Thanks

N

Ultimately mate it's a wedding, if you can't be bothered to buy a new suit then don't. Everyone's going to be shitfaced after an hour and won't care what you're wearing
jeg
jeg avatar

2266 posts since 12/12/01

21 Aug 2016 13:36
If statistics are anything to go by - make sure your wedding suit is something you could wear more than once….
deuce
deuce avatar

13802 posts since 21/1/08

21 Aug 2016 13:47
pentonville wrote: Love how a wedding sends the banter crew into a spin

Went to one recently, guy in a terrible 3 piece Reiss suit, thick dress shirt, wool tie, cheap brown suede loafers and no socks.


His mate was wearing belt, braces, tie clip, and collar pin, buckaroo style. And a fresh Giroud haircut Laughing out loud
whilst you were stood in the corning with your warm beer looking down at them, meanwhile they were no doubt having a laugh and hadn't even noticed your existence. you showed them!
pentonville
pentonville avatar

576 posts since 12/3/12

21 Aug 2016 14:59
Warm beer? Anyway they're nice enough people, a couple of us were obliged to go cos we've known them so long. It's like I said anyway, an hour in and you're drunk or high and it doesn't matter what anyone's wearing. Just be good company Cool
illwill
illwill avatar

3973 posts since 17/5/04

posted 25 May 2017 12:33, edited 25 May 2017 12:33
Got a wedding on Saturday. Would usually wear my navy Ludlow but it's wool so I'm conscious that im gonna be boiling.

I have a linen Barena blazer, linen shirt, white flat-fronted trousers and blue Sanders chukkas that I'd like to wear instead but I'm worried it's not going to be smart enough. It's at a country house - not in a barn or something.



Something like the above but with a collared shirt and tie.

Reckon that's acceptable or play it safe and sweat my nuts off?
figurine
figurine avatar

5848 posts since 14/5/07

25 May 2017 13:37
Would personally wear different trousers other than white, tan maybe, but other than that I'd say its grand. Realistically no-one will give a fuck what you wear.
unCouth
unCouth avatar

6883 posts since 3/11/07

24 Nov 2017 21:45
Getting married in May next year and i'm having a suit made but looking for inspiration. It's an outdoor wedding for context and there's no colour scheme. I was wanting to go tux but i don't think it fits the outdoor vibe.
Dee
Dee avatar

11529 posts since 22/11/07

posted 24 Nov 2017 23:02, edited 24 Nov 2017 23:02
unstructured and lightweight imo - got a good pal who was the head cutter at the Huntsman for donkeys … would do a personal job if you've got the money to throw (obv a fraction of the price.. still not cheap mind). (congrats)
MLI
MLI avatar

5042 posts since 6/10/09

25 Nov 2017 23:43
Easy fix, just don't get invited. Been to one wedding in my adult life and I'm 43. "Best friend" (later screwed me over) from high school in 2004. Wore kmart pants and shirt, non matching jacket from some mall place, birkenstocks I had and a tie my girlfriend at the time gave me that I didn't like from some Jap departments store. I was semi homeless at the time.
MLI
MLI avatar

5042 posts since 6/10/09

25 Nov 2017 23:45
unCouth wrote: Getting married in May next year and i'm having a suit made but looking for inspiration. It's an outdoor wedding for context and there's no colour scheme. I was wanting to go tux but i don't think it fits the outdoor vibe.

join the military and wear your uniform, they give you one for free
unCouth
unCouth avatar

6883 posts since 3/11/07

27 Nov 2017 17:47
MLI wrote:
unCouth wrote: Getting married in May next year and i'm having a suit made but looking for inspiration. It's an outdoor wedding for context and there's no colour scheme. I was wanting to go tux but i don't think it fits the outdoor vibe.

join the military and wear your uniform, they give you one for free

Cons
Get paid pennies
Would have to live in barracks and areas of conflict
Could witness abominable atrocities, famine & death
Might die

Pros
Free suit

You make a good case
illwill
illwill avatar

3973 posts since 17/5/04

27 Nov 2017 18:06
MLI wrote: Easy fix, just don't get invited. Been to one wedding in my adult life and I'm 43. "Best friend" (later screwed me over) from high school in 2004. Wore kmart pants and shirt, non matching jacket from some mall place, birkenstocks I had and a tie my girlfriend at the time gave me that I didn't like from some Jap departments store. I was semi homeless at the time.

You should do this monologue at a local open-mic night.
KarlJohnson
KarlJohnson avatar

16 posts since 5/9/16

27 Nov 2017 19:21
illwill wrote: If someone showed up to my wedding in a suit like that I would ban him from the photos

Hahahahaha
freedom
freedom avatar

813 posts since 25/4/12

posted 12 Apr 2019 06:58, edited 12 Apr 2019 06:58
my friend is after an affordable tuxedo for his wedding, i'm not really sure where to suggest as i don't really buy or wear suits that often. can anyone offer some suggestions please?

i remember people talking about SuitSupply - is that still any good?
swede
swede avatar

8601 posts since 21/3/09

12 Apr 2019 07:28
didn’t think wearing a tux at wedding was a thing. everyday is a school day I guess

ASOS if he’a really tight for cash?