Menswear: What Are You Wearing 2017

Show original post
Anto
Anto avatar

3534 posts since 19/1/12

28 Mar 2018 19:41
Is that bomber the one with the pocket\zip on the back?
C-Stylez
C-Stylez avatar

5089 posts since 4/7/12

posted 28 Mar 2018 20:41, edited 28 Mar 2018 20:41
Nah, looks like the hyperlight "lucid" one from last summer.

Nice, Pad BTW
padawan
padawan avatar

4011 posts since 27/6/03

29 Mar 2018 08:33
C-Stylez wrote: Nah, looks like the hyperlight "lucid" one from last summer.

Nice, Pad BTW
dis and Ta
LFC
LFC avatar

3599 posts since 14/6/11

29 Mar 2018 09:05
acabucca wrote: @LFC What’s the sizing like on the MMM runner please. Thanks

Sorry man only just seen this. I’m normally an 8.5/9 in Nike and take a 9 in Margiela trainers.
R
R avatar

12967 posts since 17/5/03

29 Mar 2018 16:35
MoB wrote: I'm sure they're comfortable but nish nish on those trousers

who was the casual that used to post in here? Laughing out loud ended up with loads of gifs

hope you're good
illwill
illwill avatar

3496 posts since 17/5/04

29 Mar 2018 16:50
Hoolio
R
R avatar

29 Mar 2018 17:17
illwill wrote: Hoolio

yes!
acabucca
acabucca avatar

58 posts since 19/4/09

posted 29 Mar 2018 18:59, edited 29 Mar 2018 18:59

Sorry man only just seen this. I’m normally an 8.5/9 in Nike and take a 9 in Margiela trainers.
LFC wrote:
acabucca wrote: @LFC What’s the sizing like on the MMM runner please. Thanks

Cheers. Ones on cruise will be too small then. Was hoping they were more C.P. Sizing. They look good on foot
Anto
Anto avatar

3534 posts since 19/1/12

30 Mar 2018 00:09
C-Stylez wrote: Nah, looks like the hyperlight "lucid" one from last summer.

Thanks mate
rekuso
rekuso avatar

12 posts since 11/8/12

posted 30 Mar 2018 06:28, edited 30 Mar 2018 06:28

supreme
engineered garments workaday
margaret howell
dickies
vans vault
MLI
MLI avatar

4264 posts since 6/10/09

30 Mar 2018 09:14
I'd just like to say, LFC. Your style fucking sucks. It brings this place down. It's like endless boring mediocre fucking shit you only wear once. Gray and black, yeah we get it. Calm the fuck down and wear what you have, even save up for something that has a fucking point and is in some way meaningful. Fuck off.
sydneyking
sydneyking avatar

4492 posts since 26/9/09

30 Mar 2018 09:51
Again!! Take a day off
LFC
LFC avatar

3599 posts since 14/6/11

30 Mar 2018 13:04
MLI wrote: I'd just like to say, LFC. Your style fucking sucks. It brings this place down. It's like endless boring mediocre fucking shit you only wear once. Gray and black, yeah we get it. Calm the fuck down and wear what you have, even save up for something that has a fucking point and is in some way meaningful. Fuck off.

Fuckin hell you bore the shit out of me you do. I don’t even know what the fuck you’re on about? The fact you don’t get the point of my fits makes my day because I don’t want you to.

You have no idea about what I’m in to or the references I take from and why would you? You’re a skinny bitch 40 year old virgin with an army toy collection and you look like fucking Ellen DeGeneres, we are total opposites!

Like I’ve said before, I don’t post for approval, like I’m sure most on here don’t, I post cos that’s what I wear like the title says. If no one else likes what I wear that’s fine, it’s not them wearing it.

Why would my style even make you comment?

Says a lot more about you than me.

Now fuck off and don’t post about me again cos it’s clogging up the thread.

pentonville
pentonville avatar

339 posts since 12/3/12

30 Mar 2018 13:24
Rekuso Cool
swede
swede avatar

7831 posts since 21/3/09

30 Mar 2018 16:04
ellen degeneres Laughing out loud
R
R avatar

posted 1 Apr 2018 01:49, edited 1 Apr 2018 01:49
MLI wrote: I'd just like to say, LFC. Your style fucking sucks. It brings this place down. It's like endless boring mediocre fucking shit you only wear once. Gray and black, yeah we get it. Calm the fuck down and wear what you have, even save up for something that has a fucking point and is in some way meaningful. Fuck off.

not been on here for years. you must be close to/in your 40s and as much of a prick as ever.

the irony is, your 'purist' attitude results in you wearing clothes from a bygone era(s) that make you look like a 10 year old in his brothers hand-me-downs.
dearTDot
dearTDot avatar

269 posts since 27/12/12

1 Apr 2018 03:07
Lol MLI
MLI
MLI avatar

4264 posts since 6/10/09

posted 1 Apr 2018 06:36, edited 1 Apr 2018 06:36
LFC wrote:

Fuckin hell you bore the shit out of me you do. I don’t even know what the fuck you’re on about? The fact you don’t get the point of my fits makes my day because I don’t want you to.

You have no idea about what I’m in to or the references I take from and why would you? You’re a skinny bitch 40 year old virgin with an army toy collection and you look like fucking Ellen DeGeneres, we are total opposites!

Like I’ve said before, I don’t post for approval, like I’m sure most on here don’t, I post cos that’s what I wear like the title says. If no one else likes what I wear that’s fine, it’s not them wearing it.

Why would my style even make you comment?

Says a lot more about you than me.

Now fuck off and don’t post about me again cos it’s clogging up the thread.

My Army fucking rules. 3 scales, 1 period. All badass. MLI's Army Cool

40? I wish. I'm 46 and still have more steez than you.

I got laid before.

Go eat some more KFC and keep wasting your money on the same boring shit over and over again.
MLI
MLI avatar

4264 posts since 6/10/09

1 Apr 2018 07:06
Speaking of style, someone here said style doesn't work if it doesn't fit with your lifestyle.

Think that's actually really true. When I was a uni student, hangin out in Japan club and anime club, video game arcades (when they existed), parties, skatepark, I could do full taps everyday easy. Now I got a job without a uniform I gotta integrate that into my style. Can't do BDUs in the office, can get away with chinos or straight wool pants, tried to do the taps version of these for years but unlike BDUs they always came up short on me. In the end just went to the source, original PRL. At the same time I was finding that my other favorite brands that I always used to mix with Taps, Masterpiece and Supreme fitted in better with my work Polo because that's one of their major influences.

I think I've finally realised I need to run two styles, been trying to itegrate both for years but they're too different and end up naturally separating usually anyway.

So I think from now I'm gonna have my "daily/real life" style. It's gonna be cheap American basics/classics supported by Masterpiece brand/Hectic, Polo for work, Hanes underwear, Champion RW and beefy/Jensen tall stuff I've still got left for around the house/sleepin/gym/going fighting home invaders at 4AM and then walking to the 7-11 for boss hog hotdogs kinda shit. Timberland, Nike, round gold glasses frames fit into this style, princess bands when I got long hair, Supreme, Stussy can turn up here depending on what piece, but some of that shit fits in better with Taps. Supreme cases and baggage only. Gregory Maybe too. US Army surplus. This shit is all highly practical, doesn't raise too much attention but all means something to me, is special to me, small details and feel and fit etc is all considered and each piece has been carefully kept on over other pieces that have moved on.

Then I got my second style, my favorite shit. My w)taps suite, head to toe w)taps, slinky optics the whole shit. This shit might come out on a trip or if I just wanna go out on the weekend and slink around. If I win the lottery this shit will be my only style and I'll become "The Forper" everyday. Can support with some key Bathing Ape elements, Stussy at times, even a key "penki" masterpiece denim set. Penki shit just fits in with real street soldier fucking shit. Wearing this shit is fun but not practical day to day. I can see this shit evolving, like with wool berets, breaking out more of my smooth leather taps boots. cord cargo jeans, I'd hope for some kind of feel like when Hiroshi did vanquish when I'm his age. I'd do boots tho, no sneakers by then.
dearTDot
dearTDot avatar

269 posts since 27/12/12

1 Apr 2018 12:11
^ it’s ok man. If it’s really your style then you don’t really have to defend it over to some internet guys you will never meet in person. But style changes, evolves or adapts so what you see with others are styles that are different from yours. Your problem is at 46 you sound like that bitter grandpa of fashunz where everything you see you don’t like is automatically registered in your head as “I hate your style” instead of actually keeping an open mind about it. Maybe that is why your style is still the same as the early 90s. Baggy clothes with Japanese influence. We get it. You did it for a long time but you are stuck. When I was in HS, I use to wear tall 4xl tees with baggy jeans and Jays. As I got older, I had to switch it up cuz obviously your style changes as you get older. Actually mine did, you didn’t. Keep an open mind. That style recycles