Menswear: What Are You Wearing 2017

Show original post
joe6886
joe6886 avatar

770 posts since 16/11/08

1 Jun 2018 20:42
Just generalising but menswear in Liverpool is a lot about branding, not saying cos is exclusive at all but I was surprised they opened in Liverpool when Manchester doesn’t have a menswear store that’s all.

Not a complaint because high street shopping near me is shit so it’s good to have it as a choice.
ODB
ODB avatar

3420 posts since 21/6/06

1 Jun 2018 20:53
imo cos is easy the best store on high st

pentonville
pentonville avatar

340 posts since 12/3/12

2 Jun 2018 06:41
Crackajack wrote: Sick Mil Ubercool
MLI
MLI avatar

4348 posts since 6/10/09

posted 2 Jun 2018 08:16, edited 2 Jun 2018 08:16
Think I'm going back to full gear w)taps. The last year or so was trying to please other people. Developed a side style of Masterpiece/Anti Babylon cleanness with my round gold frames and basic timberlands POLO, MP wear etc, easy to rock, quickly became my main style. Taps became my superman costume I'd break out in emergencies. boxed up.. Girls don't like slinky optics and head guskets. Neither does society.

THe last few Fridays I've been going out alone, riding the buses, hunting old arcade machines, walking around and really feeling that old w(taps feeling..it's part of me, can't change that..

So fuck em all, I'm bringing it back.

Style is basically defined by footwear and accessories imo, so for example I always felt uncomfortable wearing Goro's with MP attitude..it fits in better with the real me, the uparmored forper..

It's too hard running two styles anyway.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not gonna liquidate my Masterpiece collection, but those great heavy pieces are gonna still be there, in a w)taps recon style, supporting the real shit, the main force.

Gonna uparmor some more slinky optics for work in the near future, maybe even some Native Sons or some shit…? replace that Polo belt game with an "all I'll ever need ('cept for my black one) brown Goro's piece..
Fuzzyduck121
Fuzzyduck121 avatar

1595 posts since 14/12/12

2 Jun 2018 08:32
zappa1903 wrote:
Fuzzyduck121 wrote: Been too long

Nanamica
Norse Projects
Norse Projects
Cons

What jacket is that? Really cool

It’s the nanamica cruiser jacket AW17 here on slide 14

https://www.nanamica.com/catalog_fw/sp.html
Burt
Burt avatar

5435 posts since 3/1/10

2 Jun 2018 09:20
Mil, Dee, Fuzzy - all looking fly Cool
YLAup
YLAup avatar

5113 posts since 5/9/11

2 Jun 2018 09:23
joe6886 wrote: Just generalising but menswear in Liverpool is a lot about branding, not saying cos is exclusive at all but I was surprised they opened in Liverpool when Manchester doesn’t have a menswear store that’s all.

Not a complaint because high street shopping near me is shit so it’s good to have it as a choice.

I think Cos have looked into the menswear market at their level in Manchester and realised there's a wholesale failure. There's just not enough appetite for mid range plain/Skandi style clothing in the city. Even on the slightly lower and upper tiers to Cos, Gap's almost dead, Reiss often struggles, All Saints and and Kooples had to retreat to one store/concession, Uniqlo failed the first time around. Even with the city's ever increasing Chinese student population, I don't think they'd risk it on their demand/tourism alone. The average Manc is either so interested in clothes they shop at Flannels or Oipolloi or online, or they couldn't give a hoot about clothes and get their wives and girlfriends to buy them stuff from Primark and Zara.
LFC
LFC avatar

3623 posts since 14/6/11

2 Jun 2018 09:41
joe6886 wrote: Just generalising but menswear in Liverpool is a lot about branding, not saying cos is exclusive at all but I was surprised they opened in Liverpool when Manchester doesn’t have a menswear store that’s all.

Joe’s right about the branding side:

You get the full on North Face boys who wear it head to toe in 5 degree or 25 degree weather.

The Flannels/Cricket boys who buy that Moncler/Vivienne Westwood tshirt that they then have to wear every weekend cos they blew all their cash on it and a pair of Android Homme kicks.

I can sort of see Arket and COS fitting in with the Topman ankle grazer, loafer wearing boys ready for their summer day/night sesh in Concert Square.
gaving
gaving avatar

105 posts since 18/2/12

2 Jun 2018 10:00
I thought it was a bit strange that Manchester doesn't have a cos when they've expanded quite a lot- leeds, liverpool, bath and bristol. I think the kin range by John lewis is also aiming for that kind of style and it can be cheap in sales, but not mentioned on here.
MLI
MLI avatar

4348 posts since 6/10/09

2 Jun 2018 10:29
NO x Helly Hansen skandi bullshit
NO x Herschell mediocrity
Anto
Anto avatar

3540 posts since 19/1/12

2 Jun 2018 12:15
C-Stylez wrote:
Heath wrote: Nice Dee.

yeah I like the colours! Summery

Also Mil, that's cool
C-Stylez
C-Stylez avatar

5096 posts since 4/7/12

2 Jun 2018 14:10
MLI wrote: The last year or so was trying to please other people.

Whom?

Taps stuff suits you best imo
sodomgomorra
sodomgomorra avatar

1364 posts since 24/3/14

2 Jun 2018 15:18
LFC wrote:

Joe’s right about the branding side:

You get the full on North Face boys who wear it head to toe in 5 degree or 25 degree weather.

The Flannels/Cricket boys who buy that Moncler/Vivienne Westwood tshirt that they then have to wear every weekend cos they blew all their cash on it and a pair of Android Homme kicks.

I can sort of see Arket and COS fitting in with the Topman ankle grazer, loafer wearing boys ready for their summer day/night sesh in Concert Square.

geeh you really got society figured out. Fuckennn normies rite?
LFC
LFC avatar

3623 posts since 14/6/11

2 Jun 2018 15:40
Don’t get it wrong, I’m the fuckin odd-ball in all this mate. I give a shit about things like trainers, jeans and jackets when I know in my head I really shouldn’t.
MLI
MLI avatar

4348 posts since 6/10/09

3 Jun 2018 00:26
LFC wrote: Don’t get it wrong, I’m the fuckin odd-ball in all this mate. I give a shit about things like trainers, jeans and jackets when I know in my head I really shouldn’t.

You wear John Elliot, apparantly the internet approved post sneakerhead uniform.
MLI
MLI avatar

4348 posts since 6/10/09

3 Jun 2018 00:29
C-Stylez wrote:
MLI wrote: The last year or so was trying to please other people.

Whom?

Girls, my Dad, society, colleagues
MLI
MLI avatar

4348 posts since 6/10/09

3 Jun 2018 00:30
C-Stylez wrote: Taps stuff suits you best imo
The moral of the story is I don't care what you or anyone else thinks again.
C-Stylez
C-Stylez avatar

5096 posts since 4/7/12

3 Jun 2018 09:44
good on ya
Dee
Dee avatar

11137 posts since 22/11/07

3 Jun 2018 10:48
dita, carhartt, south2 west8, suicoke

Crackajack
Crackajack avatar

7057 posts since 21/4/05

3 Jun 2018 16:44

True, I think I was just being a bit defensive about the N-W. See plenty of people on a level above COS in those cities.