279 posts since 27/12/12

6 Sep 2014 01:05
gbh-h wrote: all that gear and no bedframe though

Can have both. Too expensive
Forper
Forper avatar

2080 posts since 29/1/13

posted 6 Sep 2014 04:52, edited 6 Sep 2014 04:52
When I was a young dude I never wasted money on a bedframe, just got a queen mattress for the girls I used to be able to get, money saved went on gear of course.

thesilenthunt, I'd say that's around '96 based on old mags I've seen. Looked like blue leopard camo in your first pic, I'm still coming across random shit from taps I've never seen before so thought it was one of those cases.

People I know think that ACR is what Taps should have evolved into but I dunno, ACR has its own worldview, I think if Taps had continued with the techness it would have been as cool as ACR but quite a lot different, Old taps has a military fetishism and sense of humour about it, plus blended in the weirdest influences carried over from 40% (sports and supermodels etc) thanks to the creative genius Sk8thing who I think was mostly responsible for the era we love, as I see it when Tet opened Phily store in '03 that was his vision and THG wasn't really involved anymore from then, and Tets got his own influences but way less interesting than THGs worldview imo and approach to military imo.

40% slinky optics
w)taps cover
w)taps bandana
w)taps UDT moisture wicking undershirt
Jensen tall pocket tee
WTAPS jungles
w)taps x porter DELTA with w)sling mod
w)taps AT boots
w)taps belt (no vis)

pre-mission shit, HALYS SEKRI PCU LVL 1:
Forper
Forper avatar

2080 posts since 29/1/13

6 Sep 2014 05:04
by the way, no idea with 5th D, it's like this, the end:

everyone there just uses instagram now
YLAup
YLAup avatar

5875 posts since 5/9/11

6 Sep 2014 09:12
Nasty brown gruds there
thesilenthunt
thesilenthunt avatar

13 posts since 13/2/14

posted 6 Sep 2014 10:23, edited 6 Sep 2014 10:23
@Mil

damn 96 that's crazy, any chance at some scans of said magazines?

acr is fundamentally so different from taps, the fetishized military aspect is definitely a difference, almost an exaggerated portrayal seen through a japanese lens. acr definitely takes a page from taps/mil stuff all the time, and there is definitely an appreciation but it is definitely it's own entity. I think of acronym almost as a way of life, a response to the ever changing modern world around us. it's a way of thinking and acting amidst the chaos and bullshit of the fashion/commercial world. it's something you're glad is there and see working because it's so unique in carving out it's own category. curious as to if you have any or not? i don't think I've seen you have any of the gear, I guarantee if you start copping you'll be hooked, I think it also looks incredibly good with old taps/streetwear as well, super modern take on some of the same principals/aesthetics with better fabrics/construction.

+ pissed about 5d, like finally I would have ideas/discussion to contribute the shit's deaded…
oldgregg
oldgregg avatar

6387 posts since 13/4/02

6 Sep 2014 10:50
oh really? tell me more
Forper
Forper avatar

2080 posts since 29/1/13

posted 6 Sep 2014 11:35, edited 6 Sep 2014 11:35
thesilenthunt. I respect the hell out of ACR, my man Uparmoured from 5th D has a few pieces and showed me the cool gimmicks n stuff not to mention the construction. It's not for me though, prefer to keep it to one world view, as you said the two brands are coming from different worlds, don't personally think I could pull off the two brands together, or it wouldn't sit right in my head personally anyway..

I may have some scans?? TBA..

YLAup wrote: Nasty brown gruds there

Yep Coyote brown helps if you shit yourself in combat I figure..

uparmored for night ops + w)taps EMPIRE'S SERVICE (R) valet and Supreme plain hoody:
MoB
MoB avatar

37338 posts since 31/8/04

6 Sep 2014 11:51
Crazy Joe Davola wrote: oh really? tell me more
Laughing out loud
s4do
s4do avatar

628 posts since 22/4/13

6 Sep 2014 12:45
thesilenthunt wrote: I think of acronym almost as a way of life, a response to the ever changing modern world around us. it's a way of thinking and acting amidst the chaos and bullshit of the fashion/commercial world.
Sneakysbest
Sneakysbest avatar

2061 posts since 28/1/12

posted 6 Sep 2014 12:50, edited 6 Sep 2014 12:50
quest
quest avatar

3784 posts since 11/7/11

6 Sep 2014 13:03
Mil, when it comes to ACR and Taps have you ever been so far even as decided to use go want to look more like?
burny
burny avatar

6125 posts since 25/5/06

6 Sep 2014 13:22
Read it twice and still don't understand it.
Olismallz
Olismallz avatar

873 posts since 7/2/12

6 Sep 2014 13:36
three times
thesilenthunt
thesilenthunt avatar

13 posts since 13/2/14

posted 6 Sep 2014 13:52, edited 6 Sep 2014 13:52
@Mil

In response to the "gimmicks" I think you're probably referring to the grav pockets, which I think is the least used feature of the garment, but beyond that I wouldn't say anything on the garments are gimmicks. everything is crafted with intent and function ie: excape zips / button snap closure systems / drawcord pulls etc…

I just appreciate the philosophy expressed through the garment, and I think there's a big void between those who have experienced an acr product and those who haven't. even my garments i'll have been wearing them for months and just discover new features/intended uses that I wasn't aware of before. There's also a huge gap between comprehending what the brand is about and like people on here I don't think they understand because it's such an extreme way of operating, they're content with dior boots and our legacy and can't see past it at all…

again waiting for the 5d account to clear I think my cover here has been blown.
Entropic
Entropic avatar

296 posts since 1/4/12

6 Sep 2014 13:54
You've got to be kidding me. I've been further even more decided to use even go need to do look more as ACR can. Can you really be far even as decided half as much to use go wish for that? My guess is that when Mil really been far even as decided once to use even go want, it is then that WTAPS has really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like. It's just common sense.
oldgregg
oldgregg avatar

6387 posts since 13/4/02

6 Sep 2014 14:03
thesilenthunt wrote: blabla..
even my garments i'll have been wearing them for months and just discover new features/intended uses that I wasn't aware of before. There's also a huge gap between comprehending what the brand is about and like people on here I don't think they understand because it's such an extreme way of operating, blabla

shralp-lad
shralp-lad avatar

895 posts since 21/4/11

6 Sep 2014 14:55
http://youtu.be/uQnRusQAdo0
beedub
beedub avatar

6810 posts since 7/3/07

6 Sep 2014 16:04

Needles rebuild
Sacai
Kirkland
Margaret Howell
converse x Dr Romanelli

Jacket came off almost straight away, was too warm.
s4do
s4do avatar

628 posts since 22/4/13

6 Sep 2014 16:42
Cool