Menswear: What Are You Wearing Today 2014

Show original post
ShaneB
ShaneB avatar

908 posts since 28/11/10

24 Apr 2014 18:36
footmobile2000 wrote:
ShaneB wrote:
footmobile2000 wrote: I'm not sad about it, I reckon it means Australians are still free and wild and the police state doesn't exist. Better than some places in Europe where you have to carry ID by law and require suicide hotline numbers to be posted inside every bathroom cabinet in your own home.

It's the complete opposite of free.

Not really. Governments here try to limit freedom by introducing endless nanny state laws but Australians won't be controlled. Thats a good thing imo.

Yeah you're right - high crime means greater freedom. Got ya.
Forper
Forper avatar

2080 posts since 29/1/13

24 Apr 2014 22:43
…and today we honor the ANZACS, some of the greatest Australian life takers of history Cool
Superprecise
Superprecise avatar

2217 posts since 16/7/11

24 Apr 2014 22:59
You are such a fucking fanny Laughing out loud
Forper
Forper avatar

2080 posts since 29/1/13

posted 26 Apr 2014 01:52, edited 26 Apr 2014 01:52

weather intel: rain, light

primary objective: muji large PP storage case
secondary objective: a coke

mission essential equipment:
NSW water resistant cover
GDC eye blast protection
w)taps goretex shell
jensen long sleeve tall tee
masterpiece heavyweight sweat shorts
bape roadstas
Gregory SPEAR system

Mission status: Primary objective completed, payload egressed via SPEAR's adjustable external panel oversize load bearing device. Secondary objective failed, primary objective payload denied successful entry into 7-11..
Sayword
Sayword avatar

5995 posts since 1/4/07

26 Apr 2014 01:57
Ubercool
Sayword
Sayword avatar

5995 posts since 1/4/07

26 Apr 2014 01:58
why didn't they let you in bro?
Forper
Forper avatar

2080 posts since 29/1/13

26 Apr 2014 02:09
and I'm proud of my inbred criminal roots. fuck England. Australia now has the same mix of migrants that the USA had in the early 1900s, about 1 in 3 Australians was born in another country at this point, I think that's a good recipe for a future colourblind society, like America is in some cities these days. The kids of Vietnamese immigrants are doing much better than their parents did and the first gen Sudanese are having troubles now but their kids will do better..Italian, greek and jewish immigrants are very integrated into society now, Irish (my background) used to be spat on but they're standard issue Australians now..

Black Americans gotta be some of the toughest motherfuckers tho right? because only the toughest survived slavery and they were the forefathers of most African Americans today right? Well you could say the same to an extent about the first Aussies. They endured pretty tough conditions and the strongest did their time then started businesses/farms in harsh conditions. In World War I Aussie soldiers were bigger and tougher than anyone on earth, hand to hand they always won and they were good shots due to being farmers and they weren't that friendly to the enemy, due to being criminal stock.

White Americans did some fucked up things to Africans and native Americans in history but that's what's so incredible about America, what makes it a phenomenon in the history of the world - that it can change so much in a short time with a black president today. America is the greatest force for good the world has ever known and I'll always love it but no country has a perfect history, but America learns from its history better than any country imo..
Forper
Forper avatar

2080 posts since 29/1/13

26 Apr 2014 02:11
Sayword wrote: why didn't they let you in bro?

nah I couldn't get in coz my pack was too big, 7-11s in the city here are tiny.
Forper
Forper avatar

2080 posts since 29/1/13

26 Apr 2014 02:20
Jayboy wrote:
footmobile2000 wrote: I'm not sad about it, I reckon it means Australians are still free and wild and the police state doesn't exist. Better than some places in Europe where you have to carry ID by law and require suicide hotline numbers to be posted inside every bathroom cabinet in your own home.

And where would that be?

Sweden
ShaneB
ShaneB avatar

908 posts since 28/11/10

posted 26 Apr 2014 07:16, edited 26 Apr 2014 07:16
footmobile2000 wrote: and I'm proud of my inbred criminal roots. fuck England. Australia now has the same mix of migrants that the USA had in the early 1900s, about 1 in 3 Australians was born in another country at this point, I think that's a good recipe for a future colourblind society, like America is in some cities these days. The kids of Vietnamese immigrants are doing much better than their parents did and the first gen Sudanese are having troubles now but their kids will do better..Italian, greek and jewish immigrants are very integrated into society now, Irish (my background) used to be spat on but they're standard issue Australians now..

Black Americans gotta be some of the toughest motherfuckers tho right? because only the toughest survived slavery and they were the forefathers of most African Americans today right? Well you could say the same to an extent about the first Aussies. They endured pretty tough conditions and the strongest did their time then started businesses/farms in harsh conditions. In World War I Aussie soldiers were bigger and tougher than anyone on earth, hand to hand they always won and they were good shots due to being farmers and they weren't that friendly to the enemy, due to being criminal stock.

White Americans did some fucked up things to Africans and native Americans in history but that's what's so incredible about America, what makes it a phenomenon in the history of the world - that it can change so much in a short time with a black president today. America is the greatest force for good the world has ever known and I'll always love it but no country has a perfect history, but America learns from its history better than any country imo..

Mate, Australia is nothing like the USA in the early 20th century.

The largest ethnic minorities are in Australia (in descending order):

British
Irish
New Zealanders (which are largely Anglo-Celtic anyway)

Those 'ethnic minorities' says it all really. Australia is still very much an Anglo-Celtic State - that's why so many Irish & Britons choose sunny Australia rather than sunny Florida in the USA: because Australia is, basically, England but with a lot of sun.

Australia is not all made up of 'criminal stock' either - that's just mythology. The largest bloc of migrants into Australia in the 19th century (from England) were voluntary emigrants - decent people looking for a new life.
sydneyking
sydneyking avatar

5238 posts since 26/9/09

26 Apr 2014 07:40
footmobile2000 wrote: America is the greatest force for good the world has ever known

Ha ha ha ha you gots to be trolling Laughing out loud

Forper
Forper avatar

2080 posts since 29/1/13

26 Apr 2014 08:00
sydneyking wrote:
footmobile2000 wrote: America is the greatest force for good the world has ever known

Ha ha ha ha you gots to be trolling Laughing out loud

America is the only world power to ever go and fight for other people's freedom and then…go home.

What? Next are you gonna tell me now that America today owns all the oil in Iraq like everyone said they went there to get? ahahaha, you gotta be trolling
Forper
Forper avatar

2080 posts since 29/1/13

26 Apr 2014 08:05
ShaneB wrote:
footmobile2000 wrote: and I'm proud of my inbred criminal roots. fuck England. Australia now has the same mix of migrants that the USA had in the early 1900s, about 1 in 3 Australians was born in another country at this point, I think that's a good recipe for a future colourblind society, like America is in some cities these days. The kids of Vietnamese immigrants are doing much better than their parents did and the first gen Sudanese are having troubles now but their kids will do better..Italian, greek and jewish immigrants are very integrated into society now, Irish (my background) used to be spat on but they're standard issue Australians now..

British
Irish

Those 'ethnic minorities' says it all really. Australia is still very much an Anglo-Celtic State - that's why so many Irish & Britons choose sunny Australia rather than sunny Florida in the USA: because Australia is, basically, England but with a lot of sun.

Australia is not all made up of 'criminal stock' either - that's just mythology. The largest bloc of migrants into Australia in the 19th century (from England) were voluntary emigrants - decent people looking for a new life.

I'm from criminal stock and so are a lot of Australians. I don't believe crime is hereditary tho.

What I said stands, the proportion of overseas born Australians is the same as the proportion of overseas born Americans in the early 1900s. A lot of US immigrants came from English speaking countries then too, mainly Ireland.

If we're "just like England" how come we have States, a federal government and say sneakers instead of trainers? We have a variation on westminster government but apart from that and the governor general we're more like the US in a lot of ways, also due to our geography and driving culture. Also being a former brit colony, just like the US. Big difference is America fought for their independence, we got it peacefully after your empire fell apart.
beyondthepines
beyondthepines avatar

1140 posts since 8/6/12

26 Apr 2014 08:05
this is so pointless in the waywt thread, seriously. i'm not into fuk anymore at all but damn, discuss this via pm and stick to only post here if you want to show what you are wearing today.

pages of senseless discussion over the internet Laughing out loud
ShaneB
ShaneB avatar

908 posts since 28/11/10

26 Apr 2014 08:16
footmobile2000 wrote:
ShaneB wrote:

British
Irish

I'm from criminal stock and so are a lot of Australians. I don't believe crime is hereditary tho.

What I said stands, the proportion of overseas born Australians is the same as the proportion of overseas born Americans in the early 1900s. A lot of US immigrants came from English speaking countries then too, mainly Ireland.

If we're "just like England" how come we have States, a federal government and say sneakers instead of trainers? We have a variation on westminster government but apart from that and the governor general we're more like the US in a lot of ways, also due to our geography and driving culture. Also being a former brit colony, just like the US. Big difference is America fought for their independence, we got it peacefully after your empire fell apart.

I very much doubt that the proportion of Australians born overseas is the same as the USA in the early 20th century to be honest. Although I'm happy to be proved wrong - but I don't believe that. In either case, as I said before, the largest 'ethnic' minorities in Australia are Britons (English / Scottish / Welsh) and the Irish. That just reinforces the ethnic makeup that already exists in Australia.

Compare that to early 20th century America, where the largest ethnic minorities born over seas were Italians / Germans & Irish, followed by the Polish and I rest my case.

>>If we're "just like England" how come we have States, a federal government and say sneakers instead of trainers?<<

How old are you? 15?

Anyway, I take what True-Sensation wrote and I'll fuck off now!!
Forper
Forper avatar

2080 posts since 29/1/13

26 Apr 2014 10:19
I'm 39
Noble Locks
Noble Locks avatar

66963 posts since 10/7/03

posted 26 Apr 2014 10:22, edited 26 Apr 2014 10:22
True_Sensation wrote: , seriously. i'm not into fuk anymore at all
Feelings mutual. Smiling
s4do
s4do avatar

628 posts since 22/4/13

26 Apr 2014 11:26
footmobile2000 wrote:
weather intel: rain, light

primary objective: muji large PP storage case
secondary objective: a coke

mission essential equipment:
NSW water resistant cover
GDC eye blast protection
w)taps goretex shell
jensen long sleeve tall tee
masterpiece heavyweight sweat shorts
bape roadstas
Gregory SPEAR system

Mission status: Primary objective completed, payload egressed via SPEAR's adjustable external panel oversize load bearing device. Secondary objective failed, primary objective payload denied successful entry into 7-11..

whats the point of wearing all this military winter stuff with shorts and harry potter glasses?
Noble Locks
Noble Locks avatar

66963 posts since 10/7/03

26 Apr 2014 11:29
"warcore"
D-J-S
D-J-S avatar

143 posts since 10/4/14

26 Apr 2014 11:39
1st post. thought i'd share as shoes and denim were bought from fuk classifieds. safe to say i'm having a good experience so far!

just a uniqlo t-shirt
our legacy
yuketen rangers