Archive: What are you wearing today, pics only and LIST what you are wearing!


Show original post
EssexBoyII
EssexBoyII avatar

7256 posts since 5/6/07

8 Dec 2009 09:22
Wish there was a Saville Row tailor on the board to clown Mil's 'lack of knowledge'
burny
burny avatar

6047 posts since 25/5/06

8 Dec 2009 09:33
EssexBoyII wrote: Wish there was a Saville Row tailor on the board to clown Mil's 'lack of knowledge'
'lack of knowledge' of what? All he has done is misinterpreted the belt discussion, never even said anything about the fit or materials.
*****************************
www.myspace.com/thebeatmonkeysdischarge
unCouth
unCouth avatar

6883 posts since 3/11/07

8 Dec 2009 09:44
MLI wrote: Of course u can wear a belt with a suit. My cdg one with contrast stitching looks badass. Next I'm gonna get an all black snakeskin belt like this yakuza dude I saw had

If a suit is tailored, there should be no need for a belt as the trousers should be a perfect fit. No problem wearing a belt with an "off the peg" suit, i think a suit showing belt loops without a belt looks wrong.
stoney
stoney avatar

17785 posts since 22/1/05

8 Dec 2009 09:58
i only wear a dj without a belt, leather belt with a minimal silver buckle ftw, belts like that are for rasclats at xmas parties imo.
snaye
snaye avatar

11031 posts since 24/10/02

8 Dec 2009 11:37
Most made to measure suits will come with trouser adjusters at the side and no belt loops. Ive stopped buying fashion suits as most come with belt loops and personally I think a flat front with adjusters looks better, certainly for business and formal events. Wearing a suit without a belt that has loops looks fine IMO if worn less formal but if it does have loops and the occasion is smarter then I personally would wear an slim subtle belt. Like most things its personal preference and belts looks fine just need to choose the belt well, adjusters all the way for me though.
swiftus
swiftus avatar

1637 posts since 1/7/09

8 Dec 2009 12:32
snaye wrote: Most made to measure suits will come with trouser adjusters at the side and no belt loops. Ive stopped buying fashion suits as most come with belt loops and personally I think a flat front with adjusters looks better, certainly for business and formal events. Wearing a suit without a belt that has loops looks fine IMO if worn less formal but if it does have loops and the occasion is smarter then I personally would wear an slim subtle belt. Like most things its personal preference and belts looks fine just need to choose the belt well, adjusters all the way for me though.

Pay an extra tenner and have the loops removed, adding side adjusters. Importance of a suit is…

Cut > Colour > Fabric

The cut from a high-end fashion suit may make it worth buying
snaye
snaye avatar

11031 posts since 24/10/02

8 Dec 2009 12:56
Thanks you Mr Swiftus I think I know what the importance of purchasing a suit is, I was merely stating one of my reasons I dont buy fashion suits anymore.
DuffMan
DuffMan avatar

14389 posts since 21/2/07

8 Dec 2009 12:58
Laughing out loud at trying to tell someone who gets m2m/bespoke suits that they should buy a fashion suit and get it tailored.
R
R avatar

13315 posts since 17/5/03

8 Dec 2009 14:02
swiftus wrote:
snaye wrote: Most made to measure suits will come with trouser adjusters at the side and no belt loops. Ive stopped buying fashion suits as most come with belt loops and personally I think a flat front with adjusters looks better, certainly for business and formal events. Wearing a suit without a belt that has loops looks fine IMO if worn less formal but if it does have loops and the occasion is smarter then I personally would wear an slim subtle belt. Like most things its personal preference and belts looks fine just need to choose the belt well, adjusters all the way for me though.

Pay an extra tenner and have the loops removed, adding side adjusters. Importance of a suit is…

Cut > Colour > Fabric

The cut from a high-end fashion suit may make it worth buying

stupid thing to say. cut & fabric is of equal imporance, no point having a decent fitting suit if its made from polyester or some shitty high man made fabric/wool blend.
swiftus
swiftus avatar

1637 posts since 1/7/09

8 Dec 2009 17:07
snaye wrote: Thanks you Mr Swiftus I think I know what the importance of purchasing a suit is, I was merely stating one of my reasons I dont buy fashion suits anymore.

This wasn't directly aimed at you, I was just stating that not having side adjusters shouldn't stop somebody buying a fashion suit that they otherwise like.

DuffMan wrote: Laughing out loud at trying to tell someone who gets m2m/bespoke suits that they should buy a fashion suit and get it tailored.

Again, my comment was not directed at snaye directly. I have seen snaye's bespoke suit, and kudos to him (no sarcasm meant), but not everyone has the moolah at their disposal to be able to afford this prestige. For these people, a tailored fashion suit is a good alternative.

R wrote: stupid thing to say. cut & fabric is of equal imporance, no point having a decent fitting suit if its made from polyester or some shitty high man made fabric/wool blend.

No shit Sherlock! I was stating that if one had limited funds, the priority should be in that order! Obviously, all three factors are important, but even if you ask a well respected tailor, they will give you the same order.

Sorry if I hit a nerve with some if you.
deuce
deuce avatar

14088 posts since 21/1/08

8 Dec 2009 19:56
chillout swiftus, you're allowed to have a opinion
visit www.ban.org for more info
HOOLIO EL TURTLE
HOOLIO EL TURTLE avatar

997 posts since 6/11/08

8 Dec 2009 20:31
Jordan wrote: chillout swiftus, you're allowed to have a opinion
visit www.ban.org for more info

some people are allowed opinions on here, some arent, some are spoke to as if who the fuck are you to have an opinion we dont know you etc, the pig headed sarcastic remarks against swiftus are rediculous as he obviously doesnt know anyone on here so was just giving a general 'opinion' and then shot down, online chips on shoulders
bald_dad
bald_dad avatar

380 posts since 13/10/09

8 Dec 2009 22:37
break it up
ToJ, H&M, Undercover, Vans

NSFW-> http://thelongestwhale.tumblr.com/ <-NSFW
Dreep
Dreep avatar

1733 posts since 29/7/08

9 Dec 2009 07:20
albam
uniqlo x2
nikes.
Rez
Rez avatar

8805 posts since 5/4/09

9 Dec 2009 07:38
Really like that Stylistics, cool look.
Rez
Rez avatar

8805 posts since 5/4/09

9 Dec 2009 07:42
Gotta feeling it might work better with chino's though.
EssexBoyII
EssexBoyII avatar

7256 posts since 5/6/07

9 Dec 2009 09:14
burny wrote:
EssexBoyII wrote: Wish there was a Saville Row tailor on the board to clown Mil's 'lack of knowledge'
'lack of knowledge' of what? All he has done is misinterpreted the belt discussion, never even said anything about the fit or materials.
*****************************
www.myspace.com/thebeatmonkeysdischarge

I personally don't even own a suit but do you see the comic potential of 'no Milspex you faggot, your belt should not even be worn with a suit. It's not even formal and shows you know nothing about bespoke tailoring LOL When I walk by groups of 40-something GQ readers literally applaud'. It's Milspex being Milspexed by an alternate Milspex.
MrPlatinum
MrPlatinum avatar

8939 posts since 24/2/04

9 Dec 2009 09:19
Please don't Google "google" now or we're all fucked.
giddas
giddas avatar

449 posts since 25/1/09

9 Dec 2009 09:24
HOOLIO EL TURTLE wrote:
Jordan wrote: chillout swiftus, you're allowed to have a opinion
visit www.ban.org for more info

some people are allowed opinions on here, some arent, some are spoke to as if who the fuck are you to have an opinion we dont know you etc, the pig headed sarcastic remarks against swiftus are rediculous as he obviously doesnt know anyone on here so was just giving a general 'opinion' and then shot down, online chips on shoulders

indeed, good old internet warriors
deuce
deuce avatar

14088 posts since 21/1/08

9 Dec 2009 09:46
well, while you are kinda correct, its the same on any forum.
this is purely an example, not aimed at anyone;
if someones a new member and is on 5 posts, hasnt put up any pictures of what they wear, and is still completely anonymous, then their opinion will be mostly disregarded - thats common sense though. we have nothing to judge them by, so how are we supposed to know their opinion is valid or worth listening to…
they might be a terrible dresser, yet offering advice, also, it could be advice that they have no clue about… hence why i dont give Big L tips (i appreciate hes a good dresser, and i appreciate his style, but its so different to mine that i wouldnt ever advise him because my opinion wouldnt be valid - at least i dont think it would be anyway)

after posting a few WAYWT's people get to see what you're about, what style you have etc etc. so your reputation and opinion gets more respected.
that why some peoples opinions on here are more respected than others (snaye vs. poohat) as an example Laughing out loud