Menswear: What 'Claire Rayners' Are You Wearing Or Feeling? (pics only)


Show original post
toin
toin avatar

2031 posts since 1/4/13

7 Jan 2021 12:14
Looking at a pair of Salomon XT-6, how do they hold up in cold (not below freezing temp) and rain?
chrome_aroma
chrome_aroma avatar

122 posts since 5/8/18

7 Jan 2021 22:53
zappa1903
zappa1903 avatar

440 posts since 26/8/14

7 Jan 2021 23:39
Those Nike’s look great, what are they?
chrome_aroma
chrome_aroma avatar

122 posts since 5/8/18

7 Jan 2021 23:49
Air Max ‘90 ‘Safari’ released in 2004
swede
swede avatar

9613 posts since 21/3/09

8 Jan 2021 08:31
Cool
pherkan
pherkan avatar

1670 posts since 3/5/11

8 Jan 2021 10:46
toin wrote: Looking at a pair of Salomon XT-6, how do they hold up in cold (not below freezing temp) and rain?

A little bit of rain and cold is fine, but not very waterproof or great for cold. I do love my pair though, very very comfortable.
Trent
Trent avatar

2035 posts since 18/1/09

8 Jan 2021 10:57
chrome_aroma wrote: Air Max ‘90 ‘Safari’ released in 2004

Cool been looking for some of the older stuff recently.
Mookie_blaylock
Mookie_blaylock avatar

1662 posts since 19/7/06

8 Jan 2021 11:16
pherkan wrote:
toin wrote: Looking at a pair of Salomon XT-6, how do they hold up in cold (not below freezing temp) and rain?

A little bit of rain and cold is fine, but not very waterproof or great for cold. I do love my pair though, very very comfortable.

Ditto.
Very comfortable but make sure you size up by a "full" size
Warmth wise, ok with uniqlo heat tech socks IMO

RickRude
RickRude avatar

3839 posts since 13/1/12

8 Jan 2021 11:39
chrome_aroma wrote: Air Max ‘90 ‘Safari’ released in 2004

them air bubbles look a bit cloudy mate - be careful they don't Crack and explode
toin
toin avatar

2031 posts since 1/4/13

8 Jan 2021 16:00
Mookie_blaylock wrote:
pherkan wrote:
toin wrote: Looking at a pair of Salomon XT-6, how do they hold up in cold (not below freezing temp) and rain?

A little bit of rain and cold is fine, but not very waterproof or great for cold. I do love my pair though, very very comfortable.

Ditto.
Very comfortable but make sure you size up by a "full" size
Warmth wise, ok with uniqlo heat tech socks IMO

Cheers for the reply, wish I saw yours earlier Mookie as I just bought my normal size!
Footlocker has them for 30-50% off right now, different models depending on which country you're buying from.
roophees
roophees avatar

1787 posts since 18/12/10

9 Jan 2021 00:51
Cheers toin, ordered a pair
stoney
stoney avatar

17724 posts since 22/1/05

11 Jan 2021 20:07
space Hippie anyone ?
Best
Best avatar

9906 posts since 21/10/05

11 Jan 2021 20:52
Had a pair and sold them, they look miles better in small sizes, the men’s version are a bit clumpy
Best
Best avatar

9906 posts since 21/10/05

11 Jan 2021 20:54
Dunks are up (coming soon) on Nike By You
https://www.nike.com/gb/u/custom-nike-dunk-low-365-by-you-10001015/2404784410?sitesrc=url_share

Not mad on the options available
FLG
FLG avatar

5877 posts since 21/5/04

11 Jan 2021 21:16
Gonna see alot of 'Gucci' versions of them.
Kadafi39
Kadafi39 avatar

1930 posts since 30/10/09

13 Jan 2021 11:54
smith wrote:
Kadafi39 wrote: How do you find the comfort on the 4d's compared to boosts? I have seen quite a few people report they are less comfortable!

The ultra boost 1.0 is still for me today the most cushiony trainer I've come across. Didn't care much for future iterations of it as they nailed the design with the first one, so was pleased when Adidas started re-releasing them.

In comparison the 4Ds have all the comfort of ultra boost 1.0 around your foot as they are basically the same trainer, but with a more robust midsole. I find them being a bit firmer not that huge of a compromise.

Not been this excited for an Adidas product since 1.0s released.

Seems we care for the same aesthetic, because I hoarded every colour of the original boost when I saw the new releases! I have about 4 pairs still, but my favourite black pair are probably the most worn shoe I have ever owned!

Sounds like i'll still get on with them then, thanks.
LFC
LFC avatar

5402 posts since 14/6/11

13 Jan 2021 12:07
Be interesting to see what Jerry Lorenzo does with Adidas. Massive loss to Nike that in my opinion am gutted.
Birdman
Birdman avatar

1544 posts since 10/3/10

13 Jan 2021 13:25
stoney wrote: space Hippie anyone ?

Love mine - got a few pairs. Some good sales on them at the mo
Meatease
Meatease avatar

356 posts since 22/7/11

posted 13 Jan 2021 16:32, edited 13 Jan 2021 16:32

Rainy day Salomons that i picked up in the Footlocker sale


Still loving the Reebok x Adsums

R
R avatar

13277 posts since 17/5/03

13 Jan 2021 16:36
LFC wrote: Be interesting to see what Jerry Lorenzo does with Adidas. Massive loss to Nike that in my opinion am gutted.

sounds like he'll be doing a lot more. didn't think the nike stuff was anything special.