Menswear: What 'Claire Rayners' Are You Wearing Or Feeling? (pics only)


Show original post
EssexBoyII
EssexBoyII avatar

7152 posts since 5/6/07

posted 3 Jul 2021 16:31, edited 3 Jul 2021 16:31
Who said I ‘care’. I’m not some knight who needs to rescue people and speak on their behalf. Just pointing out that the current ‘script’ seems flawed to me but if people in those communities see it as progress then that’s fine.

And you’ll have to work out the timeline rez because I haven’t voted Tory for as long as I can remember and I can’t be assed giving you the ammunition for the foaming political row you constantly crave
Rez
Rez avatar

8678 posts since 5/4/09

posted 3 Jul 2021 16:47, edited 3 Jul 2021 16:47
EssexBoyII wrote: Trystero sounds exactly like one of the student drips on TV who makes me wanna smash the TV.

I will be voting conservative. No party really shares my views but they've got some decent policies

Green - I've always voted green in local elections. I should be voting for them if they actually talked in the debate about the environment and didnt bang on about austerity to beg it from the other nobody parties
Labour - Not in a million years. What Gordon Brown did to the pensions tells me everything I need to know about how they treat people who get up everyday and graft for what they've got
SNP - Sturgeon is a ballsy politician but I pray she gets nowhere near DS and she'd actually get a cracking deal for Scotland at everyone else's expense
UKIP - Love their idea to get houses built and incentivised on brown belt land but I'm not voting for a party where their MPs are sacked every other week for racist comments

shit sorry EB was just going off of this from 2015, wicked to hear you had a change of heart at the ballot box though Cool
EssexBoyII
EssexBoyII avatar

7152 posts since 5/6/07

posted 3 Jul 2021 16:59, edited 3 Jul 2021 16:59
I’m sure that was quite a few years ago. Anyway, I’m out rez. Not got time for these tedious back and forths. Keep it in the politics thread
Seventyfour
Seventyfour avatar

9370 posts since 6/10/05

7 Jul 2021 18:36
Anyone know if there are any decent 992's due out? I really like the original grey ones and the navy ones but can't find any in my size. Both jjjound are lovely but obviously silly money.
bungleski
bungleski avatar

549 posts since 21/7/11

7 Jul 2021 19:21
I liked the recent paperboy Paris 992’s, but the style of this model is too chunky for me.
Add thedropdate on insta for upcoming releases.

Anyone know where I can pick up the 990v5 in grey under retail?
Hanto
Hanto avatar

3115 posts since 30/11/09

7 Jul 2021 20:31
What size are you?
bungleski
bungleski avatar

549 posts since 21/7/11

7 Jul 2021 21:36
To fit a UK9. Hear I should go half size down as they run a little big
Hanto
Hanto avatar

3115 posts since 30/11/09

7 Jul 2021 21:41
Bah. I have a pair of 11s that I think are half a size small! Laughing out loud
Gizmo
Gizmo avatar

4353 posts since 20/10/09

posted 8 Jul 2021 08:19, edited 8 Jul 2021 08:19
bungleski wrote: I liked the recent paperboy Paris 992’s, but the style of this model is too chunky for me.
Add thedropdate on insta for upcoming releases.

Anyone know where I can pick up the 990v5 in grey under retail?

Agree 992 are too chunky. 990V5 way to go. 990V6 due out next year looks pretty good from previews.

I have a 10% unidays code for offspring if you are one of those sizes? let me know. I tend to go true on 990v5, as do most people I know.
Anto
Anto avatar

4036 posts since 19/1/12

8 Jul 2021 08:44
990v5 personally are the worst of the series, that plastic bit ruins them for me. v3 and v4 my personal favourite. Shame for those red bits on the recent v1 reissue, and upcoming v2

v6 out in 2022 looks good from the few pics i've seen so far.

Just got a 992 in navy btw and proportions look good, not too chunky imo

bungleski
bungleski avatar

549 posts since 21/7/11

8 Jul 2021 10:10
Thanks for the thought Hants, definitely gonna be too big for me.

I’m not in to chunky trainers, hence my pref of the 990, however I am basing my options purely on what I see online. Not actually been in to a sneaker shop since way before the pandemic kicked in, so I my opinion is not based on actual experience of these models.

Can you still try on trainers in store at the mo? If so I might make a trip out before pulling the trigger on a pair.
I can also check on what size is gonna work best for me too.

Gizmo, will let you know on that, appreciate the offer.

Agree the v6 look good too
Gizmo
Gizmo avatar

4353 posts since 20/10/09

8 Jul 2021 16:08
Anto wrote: 990v5 personally are the worst of the series, that plastic bit ruins them for me. v3 and v4 my personal favourite. Shame for those red bits on the recent v1 reissue, and upcoming v2

v6 out in 2022 looks good from the few pics i've seen so far.

Just got a 992 in navy btw and proportions look good, not too chunky imo

Oh defenitely, I meant more the V5 was probably the best option right now. V3 and V4 are my personal choice too.

The V3 and V4 are due a grey re-release as part of the anniversary pack so there's a chance to grab them but I'm sure the demand will be high.


bungleski wrote: Can you still try on trainers in store at the mo? If so I might make a trip out before pulling the trigger on a pair.
I can also check on what size is gonna work best for me too.

Gizmo, will let you know on that, appreciate the offer.

Agree the v6 look good too

Yes was just in the NB store the other day trying on a pair.
Hanto
Hanto avatar

3115 posts since 30/11/09

8 Jul 2021 16:50
+ 1 on the v4. If I can get a grey pair of v4s I will. The v5 is in good demand so may be easy to flip my 11s. BNIB if people are interested.
bungleski
bungleski avatar

549 posts since 21/7/11

8 Jul 2021 18:04
I do like the v3 as well, but v5 is the one I could see myself wearing. Will go try them out and see what I think in reals.
Gizmo
Gizmo avatar

4353 posts since 20/10/09

9 Jul 2021 12:31
For those after the NB 990V1, it's £30 cheaper from Kith EU at £170
Seventyfour
Seventyfour avatar

9370 posts since 6/10/05

9 Jul 2021 13:38
Gizmo wrote: For those after the NB 990V1, it's £30 cheaper from Kith EU at £170

Shitter just copped from FP, what's shipping like from kith I presume there's a customs risk?
seenmy
seenmy avatar

6654 posts since 17/6/06

9 Jul 2021 17:33
anyone use stockx to buy? how does it work with imports etc? want to get some kith 990 v3, also the stussy le how did people find the sizing?
bungleski
bungleski avatar

549 posts since 21/7/11

9 Jul 2021 17:38
Seventyfour wrote:
Gizmo wrote: For those after the NB 990V1, it's £30 cheaper from Kith EU at £170

Shitter just copped from FP, what's shipping like from kith I presume there's a customs risk?

Would be interested to know this too
a
a avatar

351 posts since 14/12/05

9 Jul 2021 19:16
seenmy wrote: anyone use stockx to buy? how does it work with imports etc? want to get some kith 990 v3, also the stussy le how did people find the sizing?

Can’t comment on stockx but I usually wear a uk10.5 in 990’s but accidentally bought the Kith 990v3 in a uk10 and it’s fine - I just keep them laced a bit looser although my toe does touch the end but not uncomfortably. Did you check Depop? I saw a few pairs on there not much over retail.
saltz33
saltz33 avatar

446 posts since 1/10/12

9 Jul 2021 19:53
seenmy wrote: anyone use stockx to buy? how does it work with imports etc? want to get some kith 990 v3, also the stussy le how did people find the sizing?

All taxes are included when you go to purchase and added on to the price mate.

Can't speak to the Stussy's though.