Menswear: What 'Claire Rayners' Are You Wearing Or Feeling? (pics only)


Show original post
jspaczynski
jspaczynski avatar

616 posts since 6/11/10

12 Sep 2014 10:41
Gizmo wrote: no worries man. let us know what they're like when you get em.

yes sure will get a pic up
deecoults
deecoults avatar

388 posts since 27/6/14

12 Sep 2014 12:14
Gizmo wrote: for anyone looking, END just dropped more of the NB M997PR:

http://www.endclothing.co.uk/latest-products/new-balance-m997pr-made-in-the-usa.html

So much love for everything about these other than the price point.
Gizmo
Gizmo avatar

4395 posts since 20/10/09

12 Sep 2014 12:25
NB pricing is getting out of hand now. saying that though, their made in US and UK offerings piss allover the competition quality wise.
ShortLife
ShortLife avatar

488 posts since 22/12/11

12 Sep 2014 12:57
Fucking ridiculous pricing on those NBs, they keep raising the price due to the surge in popularity.
mAK
mAK avatar

477 posts since 28/4/13

12 Sep 2014 13:19
those nb's are great in the flesh…but as said couldn't bring myself to part with that much
adidaskev
adidaskev avatar

1001 posts since 30/11/11

12 Sep 2014 14:33
Gizmo wrote: NB pricing is getting out of hand now. saying that though, their made in US and UK offerings piss allover the competition quality wise.

Completely disagree, the UK NBs are cracking all over the shop, the shape is terrible and suede has glue spots every other pair.

US made are pretty good but about 50 quid overpriced.
Arwhyayen
Arwhyayen avatar

368 posts since 13/12/13

12 Sep 2014 14:39
catch NB's at sale price, and that's that. wouldn't part with £170 for some 997's, when the shape isn't even that fne anyway..
Trystero
Trystero avatar

1633 posts since 1/8/07

12 Sep 2014 15:10
Arwhyayen wrote: catch NB's at sale price

only the shit Evers fodder that no one wants

In defence of New Balance, I got those ones above for 200 euros (£159) so END have added a bit onto the retail.

I'd happily pay that again for them. Materials and construction easily surpass anything else available at that price from Nike et al. All the US NB I have feel better made than some more expensive designer trainers like Margiela GATs and Our Legacy runners too.

If we're talking about outrageous pricing then £305 for Common Projects on END is much more of a pisstake.
Kadafi39
Kadafi39 avatar

2059 posts since 30/10/09

12 Sep 2014 15:33
CP a niche though, NB'S used to be what you wore while you saved up for trainers that wouldn't get you bullied.
ShortLife
ShortLife avatar

488 posts since 22/12/11

12 Sep 2014 15:59
Kadafi39 wrote: CP a niche though, NB'S used to be what you wore while you saved up for trainers that wouldn't get you bullied.
Not really man, NBs always been expensive, and I know because I went round to my grandads in a pair of 577s and he noticed them and he used to wear them in the 90s, and even he said they were expensive back then, trainers like hi-tech might be more of that shitty trainer people got the piss took out of for wearing, NBs probably cost more than the trainers your saving up to buy.
Kadafi39
Kadafi39 avatar

2059 posts since 30/10/09

12 Sep 2014 16:02
For real? Ive never bought a pair but i always grouped them in to the hi-tec, diadora, lecoqsportif range when i was at school.
MrW
MrW avatar

3081 posts since 1/8/11

12 Sep 2014 16:11
Been tempted by those 997s since they first came out, they fit true to size?
FLG
FLG avatar

5890 posts since 21/5/04

12 Sep 2014 16:12
I'd say they do, beautiful materials on them.
Fläsket
Fläsket avatar

3959 posts since 14/8/04

12 Sep 2014 16:34
deecoults wrote:
Gizmo wrote: for anyone looking, END just dropped more of the NB M997PR:

http://www.endclothing.co.uk/latest-products/new-balance-m997pr-made-in-the-usa.html

So much love for everything about these other than the price point.
these are the 'distinctive authors' ones i linked to a couple pages back.
they're priced as the 'regular authors' pack now, so fill your boots while you can at that price. us retail is $259, got to assume uk will be at least £225..
YLAup
YLAup avatar

5798 posts since 5/9/11

12 Sep 2014 19:31
ShortLife wrote:
Kadafi39 wrote: CP a niche though, NB'S used to be what you wore while you saved up for trainers that wouldn't get you bullied.
Not really man, NBs always been expensive, and I know because I went round to my grandads in a pair of 577s and he noticed them and he used to wear them in the 90s, and even he said they were expensive back then, trainers like hi-tech might be more of that shitty trainer people got the piss took out of for wearing, NBs probably cost more than the trainers your saving up to buy.

Grandads used to ramble on about the war and Vera Lynn, now they're on an NB tip. How old are you sonny?
Arwhyayen
Arwhyayen avatar

368 posts since 13/12/13

12 Sep 2014 19:46
Trystero wrote:
Arwhyayen wrote: catch NB's at sale price

only the shit Evers fodder that no one wants

In defence of New Balance, I got those ones above for 200 euros (£159) so END have added a bit onto the retail.

I'd happily pay that again for them. Materials and construction easily surpass anything else available at that price from Nike et al. All the US NB I have feel better made than some more expensive designer trainers like Margiela GATs and Our Legacy runners too.

If we're talking about outrageous pricing then £305 for Common Projects on END is much more of a pisstake.

If you look hard enough, you will find 998/997's on sale, I have. But I know whatcha mean, majority are shite. I found mine on sale on Hanon: (Pic I took some time ago, granted they aint anything world shattering, but from £150 to £90 for some MIUSA's, I thought was decent)





ShortLife
ShortLife avatar

488 posts since 22/12/11

12 Sep 2014 20:04
YLAup wrote:
ShortLife wrote:
Kadafi39 wrote: CP a niche though, NB'S used to be what you wore while you saved up for trainers that wouldn't get you bullied.
Not really man, NBs always been expensive, and I know because I went round to my grandads in a pair of 577s and he noticed them and he used to wear them in the 90s, and even he said they were expensive back then, trainers like hi-tech might be more of that shitty trainer people got the piss took out of for wearing, NBs probably cost more than the trainers your saving up to buy.

Grandads used to ramble on about the war and Vera Lynn, now they're on an NB tip. How old are you sonny?
I'm 24 mate, my grandads not your everyday grandad he's 76 but looks 50 and he dresses better than me, his wardrobe is really cool for a dude of his age, he has some beautiful leather jackets, I called to his today and he was on the phone to his mate who's selling some trickers cheap ahaha.
jimmoleum
jimmoleum avatar

1304 posts since 15/5/12

12 Sep 2014 20:15
ShortLife
ShortLife avatar

488 posts since 22/12/11

posted 12 Sep 2014 20:25, edited 12 Sep 2014 20:25
He don't dress outrageous like that ahaha, just standard shit like Ralph,Barbour,Boss,Stone Island.
Ruben
Ruben avatar

10775 posts since 2/7/03

13 Sep 2014 02:33
Lol @ grandad chatting about wearing NB in the 90's.